• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Well Option # 2 for wearing to youngest wedding arrived today. It's always hard for me, ordering petites w/o trying on. So I tried on the jacket - it fits good. Skirt does, too - but the whole get up makes me look a bit matronly to be frank. I'm not sure it's a great look for me. Option #1 is the green dress hanging in my closet, and Option#3 is heading back out to the mall this weekend.

Meanwhile my husband marched into Macy's, grabbed a jacket & slacks off the rack - tried them on because I made him!! - and it fit him to a T!

Eh - I'll find something eventually.

She sent me a pic of it this morning when she looked out the window. She thought she was dreaming when she saw this parked in the driveway. --This is what $47+K will buy these days!

324939059_1860893880933646_8667498005349143918_n.jpg
I know that you have probably mentioned it before but would you tell me what kind of truck this is. It looks like a cross between a SUV and a truck.

Good afternoon everyone,

There are no words how grateful to God extra dad and I are today for some wonderful health news he received earlier. We are so humbly thankful indeed. All is very well here and dry, too! :)

I did read all of your shares and as always thank you all for continuing to allow us as a Quacker family to grow closer together. We are coming up 3 years before we know it and how blessed I sincerely am God connected us all together and has kept us that way, too.

:grouphug:to all. I'll come back later.

Hey all!
Made it back home safe and sound yesterday evening.

Flight to NE went fine; we had first class seats for the first flight, then exit row seats for the 2nd. NE was cold...cold...cold...:cold:. Flew in on time; headed over to see DD#1 and the grandkids straight away. Did Christmas gifts, then headed to the hotel and to a local Italian place by the hotel for dinner. Had breakfast at Le Peep twice (first time was amazing, second time was so so); once at First Watch; and one at a local 'hipster' place (best breakfast of all). Went to the Space Air museum (DH loved it) and the train/Omaha history museum (they had a display of dresses from Downton Abbey); the rest of the time, we hung out at DD's house, or just the two of us at the hotel. We had some pretty bad food, other than breakfast; but we ate at a local 'dive' and had the best burger and fried brussels sprouts we've ever had. We also had dinner at a steakhouse, but it didn't come close to the place we ate at here in Jax. So happy to have spent some time with the grandkids and DD#1 (and SoIL#1 on that Sat/Sun).

Flight to CA was ok; both flights were exit row seating, but the second flight didn't feel like it....the seats were smaller than I've seen in a long time! A little warmer in CA, lol. We went to Legoland; DD's coworker took us behind the scenes twice; we got to see how Legos are made, and each of us got to get a brick from the little Lego machine as they were made...they were super warm when we got them, and in a color they no longer make at Lego; it's only for the machine to show how they are made at Legoland. We also got some of the lego material which extrudes as a string before it gets molded into bricks; and we got to see the area where the builders for the park work, along with all the new legos they are working on; and got some cool things from the lady at the brick area. DD#2 and I took DGS#2 to Monster Jam (including the preshow); we had club seat tickets and DGS enjoyed it. We had some great food; I did cook my spaghetti sauce (came out great, and made two meals) and my roast (meat was not as successful, but hopefully it finished tenderizing when they reheat it later this week). We ate at Luna Grill; if you like Meditereanean (sp?) food, this is a great spot...best falafel I've ever had. Loved seeing the family, but am glad to be home.

The flights from CA home were a disaster. Our first flight, American didn't schedule a copilot, so we sat waiting on the plane for 90 minutes. We finally got one and took off, but our second flight was missed, as it was supposed to leave an hour after our original landing time. It was delayed 30 minutes, as there were about 20 people on our flight for that one, but it couldn't wait any longer, and took off right before we landed at DFW. While we were on the first flight, being delayed, I moved our tickets to the later flight home, but we were going to have to sit apart, in middle seats, forgoing our exit rows. The lady at the American desk in DFW couldn't get us on the first class waitlist, as it was full, but she worked her magic, and got us into the exit rows in our original seats (that would have been on the original flight from there). I thanked her, and told her I appreciated her, and made sure to get her name, so I could send a message to AA today to give her compliments. She was getting a lot of grief from some other passengers, because there were very limited seats, so I hope my compliment can help offset the complaints I am sure they are getting about her. We got home about 3 hours later than planned, but managed to have a very good (and expensive) dinner at Pappadeux at DFW.

I'll post some pics later. I spent the day working on laundry (as I came home to find my cat puked on my blankets and sheet and my pillow...only mine...guess she was very angry that I was gone), and unpacking, and catching up on paying bills and mail and such.

I will work on catching up on everyone's news for the last two weeks (I briefly skimmed) but hope everyone is having a great new year!

Hello Quackers. Sleep has been eluding me most of the night. I only have a bit before my alarm goes off anyway, so thought I'd say a quick howdy.
The appointment with my attorney did not go so great. I won't to go into detail, but things with my oldest are getting dicey. I am exhausted and beyond having much hope left at this point that we are not going to end up in court. That is my biggest fear. All the progress I have made is quickly being replaced with anxiety and fear.

@frog3101 :grouphug: So sorry. things did not go better. I know you would prefer not to end up in court but maybe the impartiality of a judge is what you need. It seems like your FH is not going to cooperate without court.

B&B Welcome back.

It is another cold morning. Rain is coming is later today. I have to go to the office in a bit. My anxiety about moving is up alot. I just hope I can find some calm and peace at some point. Life is just so challenging lately. I need a break!

Have a good day.

Good morning. We didn't get the rain or snow overnight that they called for. Calling for rain today, right now it's very foggy and 37, going to mid 40's

@Bianca and Bernard --Glad you got home safely, sounds like you had a great time

@Snowysmom --One day at a time, things will work out the way they are supposed to for you in the end

@frog3101 --Hang in there, dark days will get brighter at the end of all of this. We are all here for you :grouphug:

Had a nice time out with Sister in law yesterday. I needed the long break away from the house. We spent a long time trying to figure out all the bells and whistles in her new vehicle. They sure think of everything these days when they build them. She even had a sunroof she didn't know was there, lol. I saw a lever at the top over my head, and when I pulled it, viola, sun roof. She's loving the front and back camera's, and the lane assist is keeping her on her own side of the road. My niece got into the app, and changed the sound it makes so she knows clearly that she needs to move back over.

Today is laundry day, and not much else. Too early to tell if the antibiotics are working on Don's leg or not. I hope they work quickly.

Have a great Thursday--Hugs to all

R.9a2d91b290ead774976c59a818d8a68b

Morning all.

Well, we avoided Covid for 3 years, by locking ourselves down. We tested + last night. DH is down with a fever today, and a bit of congestion in the chest, and I have a runny nose and just a bit of a productive cough. Think we picked it up in NE, and just missed the first few days of symptoms (runny nose and a light cough for both of us) in CA. We wore masks in the airports and on the planes, so at least there is that; but we didn't wear one anywhere else (oops).
Pictures from CA
DGS#2 @ Monster Jam (club level seats, only one seat in front of us)
323379325_667201141812351_4594591625498138543_n.jpg
@ Mainplace Mall in Santa Ana
323401717_1209170649953859_6366118185489156974_n.jpg
In the builder's room @ Legoland CA. So many Lego pieces!
323433710_706408260835235_1567874216959945247_n.jpg

@Legoland Getting a freshly made Lego brick
321841691_840091597067652_2413987707227076895_n.jpg

Lego material, little pellets. before becoming a lego
323387445_706272634454497_39071801887058553_n.jpg

from lunch one day:
20230107_155502.jpg 20230107_155452.jpg 20230107_155446.jpg

Pictures from NE

DGS#3
20230101_162227.jpg

DGS#4

20230101_164742.jpg

a restaurant DD#1 loves (but I thought was not good)
20221230_133348.jpg20221230_133528.jpg20221230_133220.jpg

I seem to be missing all the photos from the two museums we went to. I'll have to see if DD has the ones she took. I think my phone didn't sync properly or something.

The Space museum had a display of ties hanging from the ceiling in one area, as a tribute to 9/11. Made me tear up. The place was great....tons of old planes and space stuff (not as much as Canavaral, but still pretty amazing).

@lynxstch Nice truck!
@frog3101 I'm sorry this is dragging on for y'all. Some people are just...well, to be dis friendly, jerks.
@Snowysmom You'll find the right place eventually. Take your time.
@easyas123 No need to go fancy. Go for pretty and comfort.
@flyingdumbo127 Glad your dad is ok.

That's as far as I've gotten, lol.

Happy Thursday all!☔

Working from home today. We have rain, thunder & lightning going on right now. ⛈️

Tried out my air fryer last night and made some sweet potato fries. They were okay, not as crispy as I would have liked.

My little rent-free renter (the cat 🐱) keeps whining in the bedroom. I feel bad for her, I try to sit with her a couple times a day when I get home from work but if she doesn't want to come out with everyone else, there's nothing more I can do for her. I'm sure she's lonely.🙁

I'll catch up on my recorded shows and youtube vlogs today :happytv:, nothing interesting on tv during the day.

Have a great day!:wave:

Stopping by to say hello! 👋 I've been keeping busy with work and home projects. It helps me get through the holidays. Also keeps my mind from worrying too much about our dog. She recently had surgery to remove pre-cancerous growths. Thankfully the vet is very pleased with her recovery progress. My dog is not too happy wearing the cone for the next two weeks though!

Our replacement deep freezer was delivered yesterday and I'm so glad! This was a warranty replacement since the technician deemed the first one unfixable. I appreciate the extra storage space and less frequent trips to the grocery store.

🤗 Sending warm thoughts to you all. It's so nice to read your updates and I enjoy the photos, too.

Lynn, our rental last month was a 2023 Hyundai. Interesting little car. The thing that amazed us the most is that there was no shift bar or stick, just buttons - P, R, N, all that, which took some getting used to. Otherwise nothing my Toyota doesn’t have, and not as solid a feel. I can’t imagine paying that much! I generally get cars with low mileage so someone else eats the depreciation, but I’m like a dog with a bone trying to find the best deal. (Have had some fun with it over the years.) Granted, times have changed with car buying, so hard to say what it’s like today. (Bad, I know.) I’m glad she’s happy with it and found what she wants. We had an awful time when the kids were in college with high mileage car repairs. Made the switch over to all Toyotas except one Jeep that I’m keeping my fingers crossed doesn’t need any major repairs. (Got that new originally as a lease but it’s getting up there to where they start having problems. Toyotas are all doing great, thankfully.) As a commuter into the city at all hours and all kinds of weather I need reliable.

DH is off today. He was supposed to have the whole week off with me and DD but he had to go in at the beginning of the week (long story, involving others who can’t do what they’re supposed to do when he’s not there), so today is his first day off where he gets to sleep in (had half a day yesterday). So he got up a little while ago, had coffee, and just crawled back into bed. Already sound asleep! Lol. It is chilly in the house! Dogs were looking at him like wth? He doesn’t usually do that. But it’s that time of year, and I’m glad he can rest. We have some stuff to do around the house but it can wait till later.

Nice pictures @Bianca and Bernard! Beautiful family. Your grandkids look very happy to be with you. :goodvibes

Funny story, we were trying to figure out what to make for dinner last night, no one was really up to it, so DH said he’d just throw together some spaghetti and meatballs (from the freezer) using jarred sauce, a quick meal. So we’re eating it and we all sort of agreed that it was a tasty jarred sauce, what kind was it (so I could buy it again)? He pulls it out of the trash, and it’s pizza sauce! :lmao: We practically had tears running down our faces laughing. DH hadn’t even noticed it. Poor guy is tired! (Maybe I’ll either take him out for dinner tonight, order out, or throw something together myself.)

Anyone else in meal hell? I just don’t know what I want to eat anymore and don’t feel like making it, either! Yesterday I ate the rest of a salad I’d gotten at the restaurant the other night and it didn’t sit well. I can’t decide what I want to eat but I am trying to keep it relatively healthy, too. I’ve saved a lot of recipes on my Instagram, maybe have to delve in again. I saw pics this morning of that cabbage roll soup from a month or two ago and I could go for some of that. Did anyone else ever end up making it? Stay tuned.

Enjoy the Thursday, everyone! 🐥 (I am just so happy I don’t have to go to work!)

Good morning. Rainy and dreary day here again.

Yesterday was an interesting day. We didn't get Crystal's Social Security Card because my daughter can't find her birth certificate, AGAIN! She needs to order a new one. The issue is Crystal needs an ID. To get that she needs her social security card and birth certificate. She needs ID to get her Social Security card. I feel like I am on a Hamster's treadmiill running in circles.

I tried getting the appointment with the cardiologist to get the clearance for his cataract surgery. We talked about it a lot and he said he knows that his vision won't improve tremendously but being able to see the retinas will put off his going bling from the retinopathy. It made me feel a little better and I also spoke with the surgical team at the Eye Drs. They reassured all my fears so I was set. THEN I called the cardiologists office. They don't do surgical clearances. According to the surgical team that is who they need the clearances from. Cardiologist receptionist insisted that his primary does it. OK the primary is dead, we haven't found a new one and even if we do they won't sign off til they get his records, not even sure where they are, they get his history and review everything. I am a hamster in a Wheel running and getting nowhere.

At least my pictures are slowly transferring to the new Toshiba hard drive. That was at my brother's recommendation. I will still have to go back and forth and see what didn't transfer to make sure I don't miss anything. It's been a long couple of days but I'm going one day at a time.

Check back later. Have a good day.

Anyone else in meal hell?

Yes! I'm tired of eating the same old thing, and I've usually not got the time/energy/interest or gumption to fiddle with something new most evenings after work. Everything is starting to look the same in the pantry, fridge & freezer. Last night I had water crackers with the rest of the pub cheese. Tonight will be pork chops simmered in tomatoes since I made myself dig thru the freezer and get something out.

My anxiety about moving is up alot. I just hope I can find some calm and peace at some point. Life is just so challenging lately. I need a break!
Maybe a little break from it all - a new hair cut or color? Go get a massage or your nails done? Or go crazy, take yourself somewhere warm next weekend. With sunshine, get some Vitamin D. I mean, I guess it's easy to sit here and type these suggestions, but maybe a little something for yourself is called for.
We didn't get the rain or snow overnight that they called for
I think we are slated for the rain & maybe a bit of a thunder/lightening storm this evening. We'll see if it happens.
Too early to tell if the antibiotics are working on Don's leg or not. I hope they work quickly.
Fingers crossed they start working soon and his leg is feeling better.
Well, we avoided Covid for 3 years, by locking ourselves down. We tested + last night. DH is down with a fever today, and a bit of congestion in the chest, and I have a runny nose and just a bit of a productive cough. Think we picked it up in NE, and just missed the first few days of symptoms (runny nose and a light cough for both of us) in CA. We wore masks in the airports and on the planes, so at least there is that; but we didn't wear one anywhere else (oops).
Hey - you did what you could do and still got it, it happens. It's happened to many of us, hope your experience with it is mild and not lingering.
a restaurant DD#1 loves (but I thought was not good)
Is that a bathroom themed restaurant?
No need to go fancy. Go for pretty and comfort.
No, no need for fancy really, but there is a need for making a effort. I need to make a effort, I wear jeans and workboots or clogs most days. I need to step it up - I need something between black slacks and a solid top and full-blown Mother of the Groom gown. I'm just having a hard time finding that - but I will eventually! And always comfortable is important!
Tried out my air fryer last night
Kids got us a air fryer a few years ago, I don't use it because it's a pain to clean and both my ovens are convection ovens that do the exact same thing. Pop a sheet of parchment on the cookie sheet, in the oven, toss the parchment after and viola! No mess. BUT I just came across some parchment liners for the air fryer - I'll let you all know how they turn out, I ordered them and they should be here soon. My husband likes to use the air fryer so I'm hoping they work out ok.

It's that bright gloomy type of day around here, can feel the humidity in the air and it's cool out. Looks like rain later this evening according to the weather folks. Might need to run into town 30+ minutes away, we will see what the day brings.

Well, we avoided Covid for 3 years, by locking ourselves down. We tested + last night. DH is down with a fever today, and a bit of congestion in the chest, and I have a runny nose and just a bit of a productive cough.
So sorry!! I hope it remains mild and you both feel better soon.

My little rent-free renter (the cat 🐱) keeps whining in the bedroom. I feel bad for her, I try to sit with her a couple times a day when I get home from work but if she doesn't want to come out with everyone else, there's nothing more I can do for her. I'm sure she's lonely.🙁
Awww - poor baby!

Anyone else in meal hell?
Definitely!!

Fingers crossed they start working soon and his leg is feeling better.
Same from me! 🤞🤞

This morning was a new adventure around here. DS's leopard gecko decided to shed this week, and had a little piece of old skin stuck to his head! (It looked like he was wearing a hood or a superhero mask.) I did a lot of Googling and YouTube-watching, and had to make him a Tupperware "sauna", then assist him with a Q-tip. 🙀

But our little buddy is now smooth-skinned and content! He was definitely not happy at the start of the procedure, but the look he gave me after he was free of what I imagine was a very annoying situation, was really quite surprising and cute. I think he was actually grateful!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter