Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Christmas Eve morning all....I feel terrible for everyones cold weather while it seems were having a heatwave. Its about 40 here right now and will be 76° today at my aunts house, about 10° warmer than it will here at our house. Ick....we haven't had 70s weather in awhile so we'll be sweating...lol DD was gonna wear a Christmas sweater but she changed her mind. LOL DH is staying home with Dolly and then tomorrow, my dad will come here to join the three of us(or 4 if you include Dolly) for presents and food. It's my favorite lazy day staying in pjs, snacking and usually napping. LoL

I hope you all have a nice Christmas. 🎄

Merry Christmas Eve Day to my Quacker Family with so much ❤️

Prayers that each of you experience extra peace this day and tomorrow as well. When Love Was Born Be reborn dear friends as you rejoice in God's Miracle to us anew.

Did you enjoy the movies, Carol? I hope you did. I liked that in the second movie we got to learn more about Darcy’s landlady and her family. To me, often times, sequels aren’t too good. This one was a good follow-up. Prayers you and your family get to church today. I’m sure looking forward to watching ⛪online this afternoon. Time difference between us comes in handy for me today. Hugs, my friend and Merry Christmas!

Pea, I’m so very thankful o God that you and your family are safely in FL. I sure would not be out on the golf course in such weather. Then, again, I only mini golf! I hope your son enjoys playing and stays warm. When I was growing up, I also collected press pennies! Tell her daughter to save them in some type of album, ideally one that is acid free because of the years the coins do fade. God-willing one day dad and I get back to Disneyland, it might be fun to get a new pressed penny or two. God Bless your kind friend! Thank you, thank you, for sharing such truly wise words and reminders with us all! Have a FUN!::MickeyMo

Aw, what an adorable picture, dear PollyannaMom! Indeed, a huge hug to you and all of my Quacker family. I am so very blessed to call each of you family by the Grace of God! 🐥❤️

Taz, I would happily wear a fleece sweater in your weather! I can understand a:dogdance: perhaps not feeling likewise, she probably wanted to get back inside! So glad you, Mikey, and Crystal enjoyed extra family time baking together. Such moments are precious indeed which I know you cherish. Enjoy your treats!

Judique, I love that your daughter got to celebrate her :bday: at WDW, how fun. A few years ago I got to do the same at DL. I so hope to one day get to view the Candlelight Processional again, God-willing perhaps even with dear you.

Another cute duckie image, Lynn. Please stay warm both you and Don. Many prayers you have power! I truly also hope it warms up for you and your 🐈, too!

:wave: Bobbiwoz, with a Merry Christmas Eve Day hug.

Frog:grouphug:such wise and kind words. Amen! No matter what or when how blessed we each are to be loved by God and thanks to Him to also have one another. Thinking extra today of you and prayers you truly know we all care so much.

AuntieMe3, absolutely include dear Dolly! I wish the heat would come out my way. I am so hoping it will truly be near 80 tomorrow. A Christmas sweater right now to me sounds both cozy and perfect. I did like a Hallmark movie, Never Kiss a Man in a Christmas Sweater. Have a wonderful celebration🎄

Wishing all of you a wonderful day. I'll check back in later.

I am not having a good day. Everything is going wrong. Eggs wouldn't peel right, pressure cooker gasket needed replacing. Don dropped a whole container of sour cream on the new floor and I had to clean it up. Then he tipped a bag of shredded cheese over (that he hadn't closed last time), and I had to clean that up. Then to top it off, I go across the street to get our mail, knowing that there are 2 dvd's in there that are Christmas gifts, and my key goes in, but won't turn. I tried lock de-icer, tried heating the key, tried banging the lock. Nothing. I called the Post Office and got the delivery supervisor. She said bang on it,,a lot of carriers said they have had to do that this morning. I said well they are opening the main box to the door, which accesses all of ours. We can only use our keys to get into our own boxes, and I didn't see the mail carrier come this morning. She said the only guy she has there is out trying to start 2 trucks, that she will have him call me when he comes back and come out to see if he can get into it. I said I don't care if he breaks the lock, it doesn't work right half the time anyhow. I am ready to just climb into bed and stay there until Monday at the rate my day is going
First world problems..I know..but I didn't need all of this today!

What I want to share with you (and dazed and Kirby and anyone else going through tough times), is something that I use myself - and have used myself a lot this year - Footprints. I will post it. I believe in it. Picture it, and believe it. 💝 I find it helps to visualize it if you have to.

Footprints+In+The+Sand+-+Unframed+Print.jpg
Thank you for the poem Pea. It's a good reminder that we are not alone. Sounds like your trip has started off with a bang! Brings back fond memories of my WDW trip with DD during the Christmas season.
View attachment 727082

Merry Christmas Eve to all my Quacker friends!
Such a cute ornament!
We tried a new recipe Mikey had from school (Ree Drummond's Snickerdoodles and I am not a fan of hers) but it was the same recipe I found in a cookbook. Mikey knows they are one of my favorites, I won't need to buy them in Lancaster anymore. One tray went in as the rolled in cinnamon balls and came out looking like this. Not sure what he did but we decided they looked like Christmas lights.
View attachment 727097

They tasted great though they were a little hard to get apart.

Have a great day and stay warm.
I love Snickerdoodles! Way to go Mikey!
I was at WDW in January 1986, when the Challenger exploded due to the cold.
I remember DH and I were traveling south to Fredericksburg to pick up a load of wood flooring that his sister had purchased for her house when it happened.
I hope each of you are able to find joy in this season. I kynow many of us in our little Quacker family have had some really tough/hard stuff thrown at us over the last year or so. I also know I am blessed, even if I have to dig deep to see those blessings right now. I also know the holidays can bring up painful memories from long ago or open wounds that only seem to pop up during this season. So please know that if your pain is fresh or comes from a place of the past, you are still valued and loved. May each of you find a bright spot or many over the next two days.
Well said!
First world problems..I know..but I didn't need all of this today!
I pray your day begins to get better and all your troubles are left behind once tomorrow comes.

For Lynn especially and each of you, too!
Thank you Mona, I needed that today. Happy ending to the mail story. Guy showed up, opened the box from the master key in the middle..and sprayed my lock inside with some red greasy stuff, and then sprayed the key and said it might work for 2 days, it might work for another 20 years. If you still have problems, keep calling and complaining till they replace the lock. I gave him a bag of fudge as a thank you. It was the Christmas present I bought myself, as Don hasn't been in a store since 2019, can you imagine that? lol!
Just brought another bigger bag to the nice neighbors next door. The 2 boys saw me through the window..we waving like crazy and yelling Miss Lynn, Miss Lynn. Their mom was working but Micah the dad opened the door. I told him it was a thank you for being such nice neighbors and for all the times he helped me this summer. The boys came flying in and asked if they could have a hug, I was happy to oblige. It made my day! I have the ham in the oven now. Don will slice it after it cools off. All I have left to do now is put the devilled eggs together, slice the garlic bologna (for me), Don has to slice his own deer bologna, I refuse to touch it. Then I will slice some cheese, add some crackers and all of that will be ready.
Have a peaceful, love filled Christmas Eve to all of my Quacker family--with love
Lynn

I pray that all is having a good Christmas Eve wherever you are. DH, DD and I went out to eat at Snuffers for dinner. The guys that work for us gave us a Snuffers gift card for Christmas and we decided to go ahead and use it. When it came time to pay our bill, I pulled out what I thought was the gift card. Instead it was two bonus cards for Snuffers to be used in January. 😄 We can use the gift card anytime so I think that we'll just ask some friends to go with us next time. And make sure that I have the gift card in my wallet for sure.

:hug:PollyannaMom and big thank you, my friend.

:hug:Lynn and God Bless those precious boys! Thank you for sharing with us, my friend.

I've been so blessed already to have watched some of the Children's Christmas Pageant from Carol's church. They are doing a magnificent job. I will watch the rest a little later when things are quieter around here. Dad just finished making a Christmas tree decoration our own and we're starting dinner preparation. I will take and post pictures tomorrow. Extra prayers this Holy night that each of you truly see within your hearts Jesus' star shine bright as you welcome Him anew into your life. No words other than thanks be to God for His Unspeakable, Indescribable Miracle!

Attachments

• Glory to God.jpg
    Glory to God.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Holy Family.jpg
    Holy Family.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Quacker Hugs.jpg
    Quacker Hugs.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1
We are in for the night. Andrew, Jen, and Marty made here before we went to church. They stayed here while Jack and I went to church. Jack ushered and Sarah and Tessa sat with me in the balcony.

Came home and had my faux shrimp creole, rice, and green beans. Christmas cookies and peppermint ice cream for dessert.

I started the casserole for brunch tomorrow. Still have to get the turkey into brine. Watching 9 o’clock church on YouTube.

Merry Christmas to all my quacker friends!

Merry Christmas to all!

No decorations up this year; won't have time to take them down until Jan 12th, and I don't want to have to come home to that. LOL

Made the ham, scalloped potatoes, veggies, crescent rolls and an apple pie yesterday for dinner. Had leftovers for lunch, and our traditional Chinese food dinner tonight. Tomorrow for lunch I'm making a baked potato soup with ham and the bread I made last night/today, and munchies (cheese, crackers and sausages; veggies and dips). Monday, I'm not sure what we re having, but it needs to be something easy...we leave Tuesday morning at 6am for the airport (hopefully!)...

Spending tomorrow doing laundry and packing. Monday, I need to hit the grocery store to finish off getting groceries for DS, and stop at the bank to take out some cash for our trip.

Catch y'all in the new year!

Good morning and Merry Christmas!

B&B, have a wonderful trip! Hoping the airports are good for both of us on Tuesday! I agree with you that it was nice to go easy on the decorations this year. (And everything else.)

I have to get ready soon, we are off to Epcot today. But I just wanted to check in first. I took my own advice and spent some time this morning in prayer and remembering what Christmas is really all about as well as giving thanks for all of my blessings this year and always.

Yesterday was unbelievable. I told you our plan was to resort hop and see trees and gingerbread houses, right? Well we saw reports that the MK was uncharacteristically empty on Christmas Eve because of the cold, so we decided to see if there were any tickets available, and there were. (We had tried to get some but they were sold out.) CMs tried to add them on to our tickets but couldn’t get them to ring up so they said, “This is the season of giving, they’ll be complimentary today”! 🫣 We were ecstatic! So we bundled up and off we went to the MK! And had a really wonderful time. It’s funny because I had been feeling a little sad about not going there this trip and voila, there we were! All of us kept saying all night, “We can’t believe this”! Our little Christmas Miracle. And yes, for the first time, I cried walking down Main Street.

We checked in with our family and did miss them, but everyone understood this was just a special thing for us this year.

Anyway, I have to hop in the shower so we can get this show on the road.

Wishing all of you a beautiful Christmas Day. 🐥🎄🙏🏻

Merry Christmas Everyone. Have a wonderful and blessed day.

Part 1 of the holiday was yesterday with my husband's family and of course my kids and grandkids, and LJ. He was the hit of the night. The infectious joy of a little one cannot help but make you smile.

Today will be with my parents and brother. I even had a Christmas present when I went out to walk the dog, there was an empty parking space in front of my house. That is a true Christmas miracle as people around here have 3 and 4 cars and don't always use their driveways. Now my parents will have a place to park right at my house which is wonderful since my dad has balance issues.

Hope you all have a wonderful day wherever you spend it.

Merry Christmas to all!🎄

1671974587145.gif

We went online to Mass in St Patrick Cathedral last evening, and the priest carried the Baby’s statue to put in the manger before Mass. He announced after the Mass that there were flowers at the stable from all continents, symbolizing that Jesus came for all.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas everyone. I am making a pit stop at the condo before heading over to Jeff's to see what the grandkids got. yesterday was a nice celebration with everyone. I did have to step aside for a while and just let it be but then I went back to the family. Jeff gave me a hug so that was sweet. Kenny has been very supportive in his way. He just lets me talk.

@Pea-n-Me Christmas magic for you! I always cry when I see the castle from the end of Main St. I hope you have fun. Glad Grady is doing OK with Toto. Toto deserves an extra treat.

@frog3101 Thinking of you today. I hope you can find some peace and calm and just let it be. Try not to think of FH but of the fun of being with your kids when they come back to you. And if you need to stay on the couch now and then, so be it. Do what you feel at the moment.

@dazedx3 Hugs and prayers to you and your family. Thinking of you.

Off to Jeff's and then to deal with 18 people at his in laws. I will just hide. They will never know I am there.

Have a nice day and stay warm for those in the cold.

It's a lovely, sunny day outside with just enough chill in the air to remind you that its December. DH made breakfast taquitos for us.

Feels a little lonely without the GK's here. One more day closer though until we see them. DD and I were able to facetime Lil Joe yesterday. He was in the car with his dad on the way to the store to get some Christmas presents. We think that they are in Albuquerque, NM. Lou Lou was with her stepmom. Hopefully DD will be able to talk to both of them sometime today.

But, you know, things have a way of working out. Lou Lou wanted a Barbie dollhouse from Santa. DD looked and looked for one but couldn't find one so she found this instead. 20221225_094309.jpg It took her over two hours to put it together last night. It would have been really hard to do that had Lou Lou been here. Plus, DS really shouldn't be around a lot of people yet, his numbers are not up enough. And his wife is working today.

@Pea-n-Me, what a pixie dusting ya'll got!

Merry Christmas ya'll!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter