• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

I remember being little and shopping in Boston, Snowysmom, when the display was at Jordan Marsh. My mother didn’t drive then so we always did our shopping at downtown Boston, where we could go by public transportation. It brings back memories of it being cold and snowy and being dragged along with my mom and older sister and I didn’t like shopping too much. But I was always enthralled watching the lovely scenes in the windows, and my mother adored it, too. That was a big part of Christmas for me. A few years before she got sick we took Mom to see the display again at Jordan’s Furniture. I think she nearly cried she loved it so much. I’m glad you got to enjoy it this year with your family. ❤️

Not sure I ever mentioned it here but we took Mom to WDW for her first trips there when she was 92 and 93 (as we could no longer leave her alone at home) and she cried on Small World and when she got off Soarin’. She said that Small World was like “Heaven“ to her, as she adored dolls (family couldn’t afford them growing up) and she was so awed by Soarin’ that she was moved to tears. I still have the videos of those memories and enjoy watching them sometimes.

I suppose it’s fairly safe to mention now, as I didn’t before because I was almost too afraid to believe it could happen 🙏🏻, but by some crazy alignment of the universe just right this year, we’re all off for Christmas, which is a first for us, so we decided, once we got our final work schedules in, to book a last minute trip to WDW over the holiday, just our immediate family. There was one little snag with my schedule but even though I had to wait a long time for an answer, I was able to get the one day I needed off which made it workable. So we’re excited about that, and the planning has been fun. It really took a lot of the pressure off of Christmas this year. I sent a few gifts to people we buy for, we did a few simple decorations, no cards (which is always my biggest stressor) and thinking more about packing and such. Hoping everyone stays healthy and all that so nothing like that trips us up. The dogs will be going to a good kennel. I’m a little nervous Grady will feel he’s being abandoned again, but Toto will be with him (together in one stall, with their beds and blankets), and he’ll learn we come back eventually. I don’t talk about personal stuff here much, but it’s been a tough year for all of us here in one way or another, so I’m glad we get to do this this year. DH has always wanted to go at Christmastime. He has had some health issues so if people could pray for him, I’d appreciate it. He has a doctor’s appt tomorrow that DD and I will attend with him.

Good evening. Wet, cold and just plain dreary here. I'm just glad I put off washing my car. It ALWAYS rains right after I wash it.

Lunch with Santa was cancelled last minute yesterday. Our priest has Covid, his wife needs to quarantine since she was exposed as do their daughters, One helper couldn't be there because her sister passed away earlier in the week, another had something to do and the third wasn't feeling well. That left just me to man the kitchen and it would have been overwhelming as we usually get a good crowd. Thankfully it wasn't advertised this year, so it was easy to let people know. My mom and dad were actually a little glad because they worry about my dad being exposed to the flu, which is running wild in our area, and covid. I was a little upset about it because that picture was going to be their Christmas present. We are going to do it the week after Christmas at their house. Not quite the same but I am happy about at least being able to get a picture.

Since the Lunch was cancelled, I took my grandson Mikey out shopping with me. He is going to help me bake next week, my daughter is even letting him play hooky the Friday before Christmas since they really don't do anything. Mikey is making peppermint truffles and some kind of cream cheese brownie - FROM SCRATCH! He's also helping with the cookies and cupcakes I will be making. While we were in the kitchenware section of Kohls he saw a cheese grater and his eyes lit up. He is getting it for Christmas from my brother. Mikey won the cheese gift box at the tea last week and used some of the cheeses to make a macaroni and cheese. They all said it was the best they have ever eaten, even my SIL. Mikey has been taking culinary arts in school and he is really good. I asked why he couldn't use brownie mix from a box and make the rest of it from there. He needs to do it from scratch. I spent quite a bit buying him all of the ingredients. I still need 2 quarts of heavy cream. The price of eggs had me shell shocked. $4.50 a dozen, the 2-dozen carton was $6.99 so a little cheaper at least.

My parents and one brother are coming to my house for Christmas this year. This is a first, but my mom was worried about it because she had to return the rental and won't have her car back. A friend of my brothers lent them his spare clunker so she can get to doctor's appointments this week but my brother needs it next week. I was a little worried about the menu since I don't do a turkey on Christmas. I started a tradition years ago when we stayed home with the kids. I usually make a Roast Beef, but mom can't eat beef due to a medical condition. I am planning chicken parmigiana and BBQ Shrimp Scampi also. I told her we always have stuffing with the roast since Jim loves stuffing. Then it's mac and cheese AND mashed potatoes plus whatever vegies I decide on. I just hope they like it.

Hope you all have a good night,

Happy Sunday all....

@Kirby so happy to hear the good news for your son. Continued prayers for him and your family.

@Judique I hope you're feeling better and can some answers at your appointment.

@lynxstch it's raining here this morning too...Miss Dolly is loving it. Our boys HATED the rain and would only go out when absolutely necessary but Dolly was out there having a ball when we let her out to go potty. :laughing: Glad your floor is getting done and your new freezer is up and running.

@frog3101 I can't believe it's only 2 weeks until Christmas...yikes. I really need to get busy.

Can't remember much else I wanted to comment on as I was trying to catch up...really need to remember to do quotes.

I've done a little bit of shopping since we've been back from our trip but I need to get everything done this week. I hate going out shopping last minute. My friend and I went to breakfast Friday and then went to WalMart for snacky stocking stuffers and I was kinda disappointed in there selection so now I need to go to Target and see what they have. Last year they had small bags of pretzels, chips, cookies...I only saw candy this year and not even the good stuff they usually have.

Tonight DH and I are going to our friends house to do Gingerbread houses with their family. DD is staying home with Dolly and we have cookies to decorate with her this week. :)

Hope you all have a nice day.

I just wanted to tell you how beautiful Dolly is!

Good evening.

I will start this but probably not finish because it is late.

We had a nice few days. Longwood was lovely and Marty enjoyed looking at the lights and the train. Saturday he was good while we babysat. Andrew and Jen really enjoyed the White House party. They even had their picture taken with President and Dr. Biden. They haven't seen it yet but I can't wait.

I'll try to catch up now with quotes and hopefully get back tomorrow for more.

She ended going back 3x and then just ended up getting a refund
Re: the shade issue, we are in the same place. We have had them cut 3 times and they still don't fit. We are going for a refund tomorrow then try somewhere else.
. DS was told he is in remission.
Great news!
Mia had a nice party in the NICU.
Such a cute picture. She looks good.
how cool that they get to go to the WH party!
They enjoyed it and were excited to go. Jen must have thanked me 5 times for coming down to babysit.
the topic of which is that the Baby Jesus ought not be placed in the creche until the actual holiday, to represent his birth.
We always left the baby Jesus out until I started forgetting to put him in on Christmas. Now I go for the symbolism. Heck, I have the 3 wise men out and they didn't come until much later. Same at the church, they left baby Jesus out until it became a problem with him either getting misplaced or forgotten.
Tomorrow is Lunch with Santa at church.
That is something we had a big discussion about after church today. Does Santa belong in church? I think at an event prior to Christmas it's ok but the new pastor wants Santa at the Children's Service and I don't go for that.
Her name is MissDolly
She is a handsome dog.
when you are invited to someone's home for dinner, do you say you don't like this or that, that you are going to bring something else, and expect the hostess to heat it up for you, or do you just go and pick whatever you want to eat from the table and not eat what you don't like?
I have preferences but no real medical reasons so I eat what is served. My sister-in-law is gluten intolerant so she might bring a little something to supplement what she can eat, like her own roll to a cookout, but never asks for special food. I try to have something she can eat.
But your SIL had her own life and it was shattered not long ago. Maybe her offers are coming from a couple of places - a desire to be needed as well as wanting their own comfort foods.
Excellent insight.
book a last minute trip to WDW over the holiday,
YAY! Great news! Prayers your DH's health allows him to go and enjoy it.

I'm going to bed.

@Breezy_Carol I just happened to catch your post. One of my favorite Christmas plays our church did was when Mrs. Clause came to speak to a classroom of Elves, and it was all about how Santa was special but he wouldn't be able to spread his love like he does if it were not for the real meaning of Christmas. She gave a wonderful story about Jesus and then even followed up at the end saying she'd be back at around Easter to tell them the rest of the story. I so wish we could have done a follow up at Easter, but it just never worked out. I wish I had a copy I'd send it to you. I may...somewhere and maybe it wouldn't be your cup of tea, but it was a big hit with the kids who did it and the congregation loved it.

Just sharing that maybe there is a way to incorporate Santa while still focusing on the real reason of the season.

@Pea-n-Me Wonderful news about getting time off over Christmas. I hope you have a fantastic time at WDW. It is a good place to enjoy after a tough year. I love the story about your mother and Small World. I remember Jordan Marsh in Boston and I did go to the display there as a very young child. My mother didn't drive either so we went with our church by bus. We also saw a smaller display at the Joran Marsh in Peabody when I was little.

@tazdev3225 Your grandson sounds like quite a cook. The treats sound delicious. Sorry about lunch with Santa and hope the priest and uis family do well and he feels better soon.

It is cold here, 22 degrees. There is a bit of snow on the ground so the walk will wait until a bit later. Tomorrow my couch is being delivered. I hope it is in the morning. I won't find out until later today.

Have a good day.

Last night DD made our Hello Fresh dinner which was steak with fingerling potatoes, broccoli and some greens with a sauce over the steak. Whatever it was, I ate all of it and enjoyed it.

I stay out of the kitchen mostly when she's cooking as she seems to prefer to do it all herself, and that's no problem for me. I do check the ingredients to make sure there are none of my triggers present and so far she's chosen well.

Later on she made a dessert to take to her office party today. Lemon bars from a scratch recipe that needed a lot of eggs, lemon, cream cheese. They are in the refrigerator and ready to go this morning.

When DD cooks the kitchen is usually left in a mess. Fine with me, as later on in the evening, usually after I've eaten and had a nap, I'll go in, put it back to rights and start the dishwasher so that it runs in the later night hours. The new one I got is pretty much silent but has a 3 hour cycle, so overnight works well.

Anyway, imagine my shock when I went in to clean and it was mostly back in order with the dishwasher running! This never happens, so I resisted going upstairs to check her temperature!

Then I opened the organics container to bring it to the curb for recycling. Chock full of lemons that had been squeezed and egg shells. The lemon bars I've made have been pretty simple with maybe the bottled lemon juice and 2-4 eggs. I'm not sure if she's cutting these or serving from the pan, but I sure want to try out this intensive recipe!

@Pea-n-Me Wonderful news about getting time off over Christmas. I hope you have a fantastic time at WDW. It is a good place to enjoy after a tough year. I love the story about your mother and Small World. I remember Jordan Marsh in Boston and I did go to the display there as a very young child. My mother didn't drive either so we went with our church by bus. We also saw a smaller display at the Joran Marsh in Peabody when I was little.

@tazdev3225 Your grandson sounds like quite a cook. The treats sound delicious. Sorry about lunch with Santa and hope the priest and uis family do well and he feels better soon.

It is cold here, 22 degrees. There is a bit of snow on the ground so the walk will wait until a bit later. Tomorrow my couch is being delivered. I hope it is in the morning. I won't find out until later today.

Have a good day.

No snow here but it's 41 degrees. Brrr! to your 22 degrees! It's going to hover around 41-44 all day long with a low tonight of 22. Through the week day time will be 40ties.

I hate having to wait for deliveries! They always seem to come late in the day or evening for me.

I think today I need to go out and store my John Deere ride on for the winter. It's under its cover but usually goes inside by now. I don't do anything to it such as removing battery as I've not had a problem yet. I figure it will need a new battery by maybe year 5 or 6 anyway, and they are not terribly expensive. The oil gets changed using a 1 piece unit and that was taken care of at the appropriate interval.

I'll have to make space in my shed. I just finished looking at dedicated sheds and I'm thinking maybe I could erect one in the lower yard just for the mower as I have too much stuff. So today will include getting out the tape measure as I want to make sure whatever I buy is big enough but not so big I start storing other stuff and then can't get JD into that!

Older DS has a court date next week. His soon to be ex and her attorney called the court date. They weren't supposed to go to court until the new year. I am not happy about this as I really wonder what the agenda is.
I'm dealing with 2 work-related court cases right now and one (subrogation for a flooded crane) has been postponed a time or two and happened in 2018! The other was postponed 2 weeks before the court date because one of the lawyers was going on vacation - didn't anyone check schedules?!?!?!?!? Half the time I think it's got little to do with the people who retained the lawyers! Of course, I'm fortunate enough not to have dealt with a personal family matter w/ a lawyer, I'm sure the difficulties and emotions there can be off the charts at times.
Sooo look what DH came home with yesterday...
She is so cute! And she looks very comfortable and at home!
Dave just left, and the whole floor is done, except for putting the trim down.
Nice - new floor for the Holidays. We are thinking of putting an addition on - well really pushing our sitting room out towards the porch. Problem is we have a wrap around porch that goes 100% around entire house unobstructed, and I feel like it is a unique feature of the home, one you don't see on new homes that often, and I'm hesitant to interrupt that. But we need the room so we may have to - I'm thinking of French doors at either side of the room leading onto the porch.
Okay I need opinions on something. We invited my sister in law and niece over for Christmas dinner.

Hmmm, I would concentrate on the reason you are having them over and roll a little with the food issues.
I think Lynn that Judique made a good point. This year they are probably out of sorts a bit and missing their traditions that your BIL is not there to participate in any longer. I do agree that their behavior over the food it a bit over the top, but I'd give them a pass this year. Next year if you invite them - just invite them and dinner will be dinner what it is, no discussion of the menu beforehand to make it easy.
I remember being little and shopping in Boston, Snowysmom, when the display was at Jordan Marsh.
I have similar memories of going to Gimbles (?) in Philadelphia with one of my grandmothers.
by some crazy alignment of the universe just right this year, we’re all off for Christmas, which is a first for us, so we decided, once we got our final work schedules in, to book a last minute trip to WDW over the holiday, just our immediate family.
That sounds like a great plan - I love a last minute trip! Where are you guys staying?
It is cold here, 22 degrees. There is a bit of snow on the ground so the walk will wait until a bit later.
Buurr, that is chilly. Enjoy your walk later this morning.
Please send prayers/good wishes/whatever your thing is for DS. We are dealing with another stomach episode. :sad1:
Oh no, I hope everything goes well for him.

Good morning to you all, I hope you had a good weekend. We did - got a fair bit accomplished but there is still more to be done before we are done our Christmas prep I need to inventory what I've stockpiled in my closet and see what I still need to get. I think I'm mainly needing stocking stuffers at this point...some candy, some scratch-offs, and whatever other stuff I can get.

Trying to decide what to have in terms of a meal/food on Christmas Eve. Traditionally we have a version of the 7 fishes, but we are changing things up this year and doing that on Christmas Day instead of our usual turkey & duck. I want to do something different on the 24th - but I also am not sure who is going to be around, if anyone. I'm thinking french dips, schnitzel w/ scalloped potatoes, or some sort of pasta - lasagna or penne w/ meatballs. I do already have the duck in the freezer, so might make that New Years weekend.

I have running around to do this morning after my regularly scheduled Teams meetings. Not a super busy week, which is good because I have some stuff I need to tie up here in the office before the end of the year.

Have caught up reading now (while DS rests)

Congrats on getting Christmas off together, @Pea-n-Me!! We did a Christmastime trip to WDW back in 2018, and it was magical! Fingers crossed for your DH's appointment.

That is something we had a big discussion about after church today. Does Santa belong in church? I think at an event prior to Christmas it's ok but the new pastor wants Santa at the Children's Service and I don't go for that.
Years ago, we went to a Children's Christmas Eve service (held around 4:30pm instead of midnight). Just before the service started, Santa walked quietly down the aisle and knelt before Baby Jesus in the manger scene. I thought it was a very sweet message to the kids.
30B7BB9C-7B10-4C50-BA82-6AAC28B023A9.jpeg

I want to do something different on the 24th - but I also am not sure who is going to be around, if anyone. I'm thinking french dips, schnitzel w/ scalloped potatoes, or some sort of pasta - lasagna or penne w/ meatballs.
Those all sound good. Lasagna was the first thing that popped into my mind as well.

I think today I need to go out and store my John Deere ride on for the winter. It's under its cover but usually goes inside by now. I don't do anything to it such as removing battery as I've not had a problem yet. I figure it will need a new battery by maybe year 5 or 6 anyway, and they are not terribly expensive. The oil gets changed using a 1 piece unit and that was taken care of at the appropriate interval.

I removed ours as it was suggested by both the dealership, and our handyman. It's only a few months old, so I don't want to have to replace it next year for being dead. I bought a small battery charger, and have it set on trickle charge down on the workbench, so that it stays at 100%. I have changed the oil in mine 3x since we got it, so it should be good through the winter.
I'll have to make space in my shed. I just finished looking at dedicated sheds and I'm thinking maybe I could erect one in the lower yard just for the mower as I have too much stuff. So today will include getting out the tape measure as I want to make sure whatever I buy is big enough but not so big I start storing other stuff and then can't get JD into that!

I hear you on that one. Our shed is fairly small, and I had to move things around to get the riding mower in there. Between that, the rototiller, ladders, tool racks and all my flower pots, it's a little difficult to move around now. I told Dave that he has to knock it down next Spring and build us a bit bigger one. He said he would add it to his list, lol.

Good morning all

@Pea-n-Me I am so happy that you are able to work a WDW trip into the holiday season--I hope you have the best time ever

@PollyannaMom --sorry your son isn't feeling well again, prayers sent that he feels better soon

its only 38 outside, and only going to 41, gray and cloudy. I don't plan on doing much of anything today. My back and knee are still stiff from yesterday. So glad the floor is 99% done. And even happier that when Dave remodels the bathroom, he's bringing his brother with him, will save me from being the 'go-fer'. Now we are trying to figure out what styles we want in the new fixtures, ceiling and walls. I want tile on the walls, Don wants paneling. There is already paneling at the top now, with some kind of linoleum like tiles below that,,and it's not the prettiest. I want one style tub, he wants another. I want one style vanity, he wants another. He wants a new linen cabinet, I want to keep the one I have now. We have to come to a compromise before Dave starts. He said we need to have everything here, the plywood, the ceiling, fixtures, lights, mirror, plumbing parts, faucets, etc before he even starts. There are still delays at Lowes getting things, he said he's been waiting 3 months for a certain vanity, which they have gotten in 3x..and all 3 times they were cracked. I don't want something fancy, so maybe I will luck out and they will have it in stock.
Off to make grocery list. Don has a Dr appt tomorrow, and we are going to do errands and shopping while we are out.

Have a nice morning

e1e939203a4167f1bb86e487950b598c.jpg

Good morning.

Jack is heading out to Lowe's to return the shades for a refund. Then he is going to try somewhere else. He thinks the machine must need to be calibrated.

No other outside plans for the day unless I go to Kohls to look for a Christmasy blouse or sweater.

One of my favorite Christmas plays our church did was when Mrs. Clause came to speak to a classroom of Elves,
Was this during a regular service or a special time? I am not anti Santa just feel like not in the Christmas Eve service. I guess I'm either a traditionalist or an old fogey. Hey you kids, get off my grass. I just gave my opinion, not a deal breaker for me.
lease send prayers/good wishes/whatever your thing is for DS. We are dealing with another stomach episode.
🙏 Will do.
I need to inventory what I've stockpiled in my closet and see what I still need to get. I think I'm mainly needing stocking stuffers at this point.
We inventoried last night then ordered one more toy each for Carter and Tessa. I am only doing a stocking for Jack this year. I need to get moving on that. I had done gift bags last year for everyone and it got to be too much. Important to keep Santa separate from Grandmom and Granddad.

Currently washing summer dresses to move to the overflow closet.

I removed ours as it was suggested by both the dealership, and our handyman. It's only a few months old, so I don't want to have to replace it next year for being dead. I bought a small battery charger, and have it set on trickle charge down on the workbench, so that it stays at 100%. I have changed the oil in mine 3x since we got it, so it should be good through the winter.

I hear you on that one. Our shed is fairly small, and I had to move things around to get the riding mower in there. Between that, the rototiller, ladders, tool racks and all my flower pots, it's a little difficult to move around now. I told Dave that he has to knock it down next Spring and build us a bit bigger one. He said he would add it to his list, lol.
I've had mine 3 years already and it starts each time immediately without any lawnmower drama. Turn the key and away she goes! The oil for this one is a cannister that includes the filter and the oil and you just unscrew the old one and then screw the new one back on. It also has an indicator to keep track of the hours used and when it reaches it's hours, then it gets changed.

I had other riding mowers in the past and we had to take the battery inside in winter. And still they would die and need replacing sometimes.

I have a large shed but I have it jammed up with too much stuff.

:wave:Good Morning from chilly LA!

Dad is out on morning errands including to the fire station where he will bring our cookies and toy drive donation. :grouphug:and 🙏to each of you in some way extra with love. I did read all of the many (love to see our thread so active) posts this morning. Forever, my thanks to each of you for being you and a Quacker, too!

Big :hug:Lynn! First off, hooray that Dave finished your new floors and that you are pleased with them! Walk on them in all good health, my friend, both you and Don, please! Oh no! I am so very sorry about the cat and that your grandson had to find him that way. So sad. Continuing prayers for Summer! Food can be an issue for me since I do have my own issues/preferences. One thing for sure is I would never, ever, ask anyone to go out of their way or otherwise to have something on hand just for me! I would bring a dish or dessert that I would enjoy knowing that it would also (this is the most important part) be an extra that most people attending would find tasty, too! Either that, or eat ahead of time. I do remember as a young child often feeling isolated or looked down on because even then (some of for different reasons than I do now) I preferred often different food choices. A church friend once shared in her Communion Mediation that when we come to God’s table be it at church or at home we are coming first and foremost at His call and welcome invitation. Remember always to invite and thank Him! The extra blessing and what counts is His gathering those family and friends around us together not what each person may choose to eat! Focus should not be on who is eating or not eating what but on the grace of being able to do so together. I wish that had been my experience. Long winded way of suggesting you prepare foods you and Don would enjoy, invite anyone else to contribute a side or extra and leave it at that. Please don’t feel obligated to go to the expense and time to provide for one person whose preferences may even change before then! Thank you kindly for asking us all. Just extra shows what a loving and caring person you are! LOL to the Walmart picture. I wouldn’t be surprised if stores did wrangle in extra help both 🚚 wise and helping to stock in the store, too.

Very well said, Judique! ITA. Love that your DD surprised you by cleaning up the kitchen, YAY! Please stay warm out there! I just checked my phone and it really is cold out here even today, only 49 currently, yikes! I would not want to be outside. Bundle up well, my friend and then come inside for some hot cocoa!🍫🍵

Pea, aw what a wonderful Christmas 🛍️ memory! I would have loved joining you and your mom on such a trip. Praise extra to God for making a WDW Christmas trip possible for all of you this year. I am so happy and thankful that you will get to do that. Have a safe and fun time! Maybe you will get to view Candlelight. If I lived closer, you know I would happily dog-sit. I sure look forward to hearing about your fun. DH doctor appointment 🙏 for today indeed!

Snowysmom. I Googled once more the Enchanted Village. I would also love the old-fashioned scenes and am so glad you and your family had a good time. God Bless baby Sam! :lovestrucHomemade cocoa sounds tasty to me. I did enjoy some Ralph’s cocoa earlier. :grouphug: extra to dear you this time of year, you know that.

:hug:Taz and prayers extra for your priest along with his wife and your to be helper. Sounds like a blessing that the :santa:lunch was cancelled. Of course, I am sorry that it needed to be. How fun! Have a wonderful time with Mikey. Good for him baking from scratch! Dad would love one of his brownies for sure! Prayers you do enjoy a lovely Christmas dinner!

God Bless Andrew and his wife, Carol, what a blessing of an experience they had! ITA about not having Santa at a worship service! My own service preferences tend to be old fashioned in terms of :music:and reverence. I’ll happily be considered, if need be, an old fogey! Love your food advice and totally agree.

Frog, I would have loved seeing and/or helping with that play! I would love to read the play if you ever did find it. For Easter, the ⛪I attended and was active in before Covid always had an Easter Walk. There was even a real donkey as part of it. People of all ages had different opportunities to literally take a walk through recreations of Jesus’ last week here on Earth at that time. To me, especially for kids, getting to actively participate in a small way, was a positive thing and way for everyone to better connect to and give thanks to God for His Miracle that Easter day so long ago.

:grouphug:🙏PollyannaMom and so much prayer for your poor son. I am so very sorry that once again he (and all of you) are going through yet another stomach issue. How awful :( I do love how Santa did that at your church! I remember when I did a Christmas themed Trunk or Treat, having a copy of Santa’s Favorite Story that I had intended to read to any kids interested. Looking back, it would have worked better had that been made into an actual story time and before it got darker outside. I would have definitely enjoyed that experience right with you. Reminder to all with young kids about this book Santa's Favorite Story

Glad you were able to stockpile, Easyas. 🙏 on the two court cases, anything court related is never any fun at all. I also agree with your meal advice.

Sending a :hug: your way, Maple Moose! Hope you are well and having a good Monday.

Also sending a hug to Disney MommyMichelle and prayers that you and your family are safe and well. Hope to see you posting here again soon. Of course, always, loving prayers to all Quackers in general, you all know that and to those who have yet to post today.

Keep warm, friends and have a great Monday. I will check back later.

@PollyannaMom Sending prayers and best wishes for your son. I hope he can find a good doctor who can really get to the issues.

My couch will be delivered between 9 am and 1 pm tomorrow which is really good. Usually I am the last delivery of the day. I have to call the office to have pads put in the elevator which I did last week. I was surprised that they actually had someone to put them in today.

I have walked twice so far. Some parts of the paths are covered in snow and some are bare so I try to avoid the slippery areas. Kenny wants me to put metal ice treads on my shoes when I walk out in the show and in fact got me some years ago. However, they disappeared in t ]he move. I will have to order some from Amazon.

I am glad I do not have a house to take care of, especially the outside work. I could not do everything like Lynn and Judique do. I am in awe of all you do around your houses. I do need to find a town house condo but those come with the snow removal and lawn maintenance as part of the condo fees. Plus I will make sure there is a garage for my car. I do want a little green space for the grandkids when they come so they can play outside while I sit on the deck or join them. Something to look into after the holidays.

Have a good evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter