Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

He hasn't had a problem with his transplant meds yet, not even at the beginning. (Mycophenolate mofetil; Tacrolimus; and Prednisone; if he's off the Prednisone, he starts to reject, so it's a 'theraputic' 5mg daily dose) He's diabetic also (caused by pancreas issues that came to the front after the transplant; issues caused by the 'lazy brother-in-law kidney' and the adrenocortical cancer that caused the removal of the 'mostly working' kidney), using long and short acting insulin. He's also on Cinacalcet (since about 6 months after the transplant), Lisinopril (for the year), and Rosuvastatin (for the last 6ish months). He's had some tummy issues since starting the Lisionpril and those got worse with the Rosuvastatin; but the doctors say that they aren't bad enough to stop or change. :confused3

Wow, that really helps me put my petty BS to bed. That's so much medication, I can't imagine keeping that all straight, but I guess one does what one needs to do. I truly hope he is feeling better very soon.

@easyas123 When we lived in Vegas, there was a pig farm, way way way on the outskirts. The city built up to it, and sure enough, the people who moved out there raised a stink over the, well, pig smell. They lost. Poor DD#2 had a year at the junior high that sprung up there (after they rerouted our district)...she came home and showered every afternoon, and I used a lot of Oxyclean in the wash...
I remember my dad laughing his behind off at his youngest brother's (then) wife. She pushed to move into a home about 2 blocks from the runways at Stapleton airport in Aurora, then complained constantly to anyone who would be in earshot about the noise from the planes taking off and landing. I don't get these kind of people...

@easyas123 His meds are easy to handle now. Right after the transplant, he had another 3-4 medications (one of which goes for about $2K for a month's worth, and he had to take them for 3 months); and the amounts on the Tacrolimus, Mycophenalate and Prednisone were almost constantly changing!

@helenm29 Feel free to look at my posts about how I feel about people traveling to FL right now. I'm not going to bring my personal opinions on this into this thread; I would hate to get it shut down.

@Kirby I would think it would depend on what their court papers say. She should check her paperwork and with the lawyer. A friend had to tell her ex everytime she took the kids out of their 'normal activity range'...so she would have had to tell him if they went shopping at a mall in the next town over. Another friend and her ex can't do anything unless both parents sign off on it...even something as simple as a haircut requires paperwork!
Yeah, DD's ex tried to make it where she couldn't leave the county with Lil Joe back when she left him when they had their temporary paperwork written up but of course, he could take him up to Oklahoma. Fortunately the attorney she had at that time didn't let that happen. Their final paperwork says nothing about notifying each other about going out of state, going on trips, etc. She is just so tired of being accused of not co-parenting. He throws that out all the time. What happens is he accuses her of things/actions that he is actually doing, sort of justifying his actions to himself. He's definitely a piece of work.

Lou Lou wore her Jasmine dress today on our excursion to Wal Mart. It's always an experience when I take her shopping. I wish I had a picture to show you. She was putting stock on the shelves back in order, hugging clothes that she liked. Then she sat down to pout because I would not buy her something and looked under the store shelf. Low and behold there were little girl leggings under there so she just had to drag them all out and arrange them on the shelf. So as we traveled over to find some Q-tips she was looking under the shelves and found numerous items to restock the shelves with. 😄 I finally was able to get her out of there before they put her to work.

Yeah, DD's ex tried to make it where she couldn't leave the county with Lil Joe back when she left him when they had their temporary paperwork written up but of course, he could take him up to Oklahoma. Fortunately the attorney she had at that time didn't let that happen. Their final paperwork says nothing about notifying each other about going out of state, going on trips, etc. She is just so tired of being accused of not co-parenting. He throws that out all the time. What happens is he accuses her of things/actions that he is actually doing, sort of justifying his actions to himself. He's definitely a piece of work.

Lou Lou wore her Jasmine dress today on our excursion to Wal Mart. It's always an experience when I take her shopping. I wish I had a picture to show you. She was putting stock on the shelves back in order, hugging clothes that she liked. Then she sat down to pout because I would not buy her something and looked under the store shelf. Low and behold there were little girl leggings under there so she just had to drag them all out and arrange them on the shelf. So as we traveled over to find some Q-tips she was looking under the shelves and found numerous items to restock the shelves with. 😄 I finally was able to get her out of there before they put her to work.

They could definitely use her help!

Greetings from post-Henri north central CT. So many of the towns around us got nailed. The road in Manchester where my mother used to work is underwater. I heard that part of our major highway was closed because it was flooded. But our town? Well, it pretty much rained all day...at 2 p.m. we got the heavy downpour, and the trees were swaying more than usual, but after about 30-45 minutes, that was it. They had been predicting that the eye was going to go right up the CT River/I-91 corridor, both of which run right through our town, but it shifted east. Only part of one main road up in the north end lost power, due to a tree branch coming down on power lines, but it was quickly restored. The most excitement we had at our end was that a sinkhole opened up around the corner from our house and a water main broke, but we only had a few minutes of low water pressure. One of our backyard neighbors (the backs of our houses face each other) has a lake in their yard. But that was about it. The storm we had a few weeks ago was a thousand times worse. The jokes are going around that "CT is so lousy, even a hurricane will change course to avoid it" and "The hurricane went east because it was afraid it would get taxed in CT."

Henri.jpg

But in all seriousness, I do feel for those that got hit hard. And my heart absolutely hurts for Tennessee. I heard some things this morning that I can't unhear and forget about. It's awful.

I survived DH's week off and our birthday trip to NJ for Josh. (I can't believe my baby is 6! We just got the letter from his teacher, welcoming him to 1st grade... :sad1: ) I finagled a route that didn't take us on I-95 through the Bronx and it was SO EASY (thank you, Carol!) - and it only took us 2 1/2 hours to get there! The American Dream Mall where the Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park is located wasn't even open yet. Josh loved it and we were there for 8 hours straight. Our hotel was literally only a minute away (the MetLife Stadium/Meadowlands was right across the street, the mall next door to that). For the first time ever, we used online check-in and a digital room key on our phone, so we didn't even have to go to the front desk when we arrived. The next morning we went to the Legoland Discovery Center in the same mall and had a blast with that. Rode the interactive ride, saw some "4D" movies, reveled at the mini-Miniland of NYC and NJ, and Josh mostly ran around in the play structure. When we left, we easily got back to the Tappan Zee Bridge and Sleepy Hollow, NY was the first exit from there. We were early enough that we got to visit Washington Irving's grave in the cemetery and go to a souvenir store. Now we all have Headless Horseman t-shirts - and we just learned that a horse stable in a nearby town is going to have "Headless Horseman carriage rides" in October! So perfect!

On Saturday we enjoyed the Space Expo at the New England Air Museum. The only space-related shirt I have is "Starfleet Academy" (Star Trek), so I wore that - and walked in to find Star Wars characters walking around :eek::scared::blush: I covered up my shirt with the paper map that we were given, hoping that Darth Vader wouldn't see it and "force-choke" me ;) Josh got to meet a real NASA astronaut, who signed his t-shirt, and we attended her talk about what it's like to go into space and live there for a few weeks. Very interesting!

Yesterday we just hung around, waiting for the hurricane...

oh my....I miss fresh green beans....but I boil them really soft with a hint of bacon and onion....slab of butter oh yum....and here I am in oregon....closing down green bean season and have not ventured to a roadside stand for green beans or even fresh corn....that is what happens when not only are you couch surfing...you are also at the mercy of someone else indulgence in costco prepack calories...but hey i have my fresh peaches.....now i can smirk at those green ones in the store in the early spring....here...lets play hardball catch!!!

We've grown our own green beans for the past 2 years and I used to put Tastefully Simple's Bacon Bacon seasoning/dip mix on them! I think it's mostly the same idea, bacon and onion. Yum. Unfortunately our green bean plants shut down about a week ago, so they're gone for the season :(

This weekend we are celebrating our granddaughters 3rd birthday. She loves a T.V. character named Bluey, so I was trying to make some decorations today. Well, of course. my printer runs out of ink, even though I think I have printed maybe 10 pages since I last replaced it.:worship:
We are meeting at a park 2 hours away (half way between us) I'm hoping we do not get the rain they are predicting. I procrastinated and didn't order the cake in time, so Walmart pre-made it is. I'll jazz it up a little with some Bluey figures I found.

I LOVE BLUEY!!! I've even watched it by myself when Josh is at school! My favorite ones are when Bluey and her sister Bingo dress up as "The Grannies," Janet and Rita, who are "going to be late to mah jongg" (said with an Australian accent, of course ;) )

So all this talk of potato salad has me thinking of a QOTD:

QOTD: What's your go-to potato salad recipe?

I've never been able to make a decent potato salad myself, but I love my mom's! Not an exact recipe, she does it by taste, but it's russet potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, mayo (she only uses Hellmann's) and Tastefully Simple Vidalia Onion dressing.

QOTD - Have you had COVID tests done?

Not a single one. But Josh's school (and all the schools) will be having a clinic once a week to test students as a requirement for attendance. Not the one that "pokes your brain," as the superintendent said, but one that goes just inside the nose. Kind of stinks, but it's either that, cart him to his doctor every week to do it, or homeschool. He says he's okay with it.

Lil Joe had a good first week of kindergarten for the most part. There is a little boy in his class that is very disruptive. He has hit Lil Joe a couple of times and other kids also. He's thrown his desk over, caused other disruptions in the class. We're hoping that the boy will be taken out of the class soon. Don't know where he will go but we'd really like Lil Joe to stay in that class. DD likes the teacher and how she is teaching the kids.

So sorry to hear this. 2 years ago in 4-year-old preschool, there was a boy like this in Josh's class. His antagonism focused mostly on Josh, but he took it out on a few other kids as well. We tried to give Josh some ideas of how to help him and not be a doormat to him, and the teacher could see that we were all trying to be understanding and gentle with the kid, but it didn't work out. After about a month, maybe 2, the director "removed" him from the school. Then last fall, when soccer season started, guess who was on Josh's team? Yep...and he was still as antagonistic as ever. He kept slapping Josh's ball out of his hands, kicking it into another field, etc. We pretty much just gritted our teeth and dealt with it, since the season was only about 6 weeks (and we only saw the kid 2x per week at most), but I'm praying that he won't be on Josh's team this season.

Hi Everyone! It's been a rough year! I was a cashier for 23 years for W-mart and my knees went out on me. They wouldn't work with me at all even though I had a doctors note so I had to take early retirement (ridiculous amount of retirement....I'd have to live in my car if it was paid off if I wasn't married) anyway, so now I'm stuck at home with bum knees that I can barely walk on.
My husband works for a big company and he's been working from home since the beginning of the Pandemic......I love my husband very much! we've been married 42 years but we are driving each other crazy! lol
We have had a trip planned for DW for the last 3 years (we were supposed to go last year) and have decided to go this October BUT it seems like that CV is running rampant in Florida! we've both been fully vaccinated but I'm kind of worried. If we don't go and have some fun I'm afraid things are going to get rough around here. So, what would YOU do? (BE NICE PLEASE)

Well, DH and I were just talking about this when we were at a theme park last week ;) and we both said that we were glad we weren't at Disney right now. But honestly, if you've been planning this for 3 years, already putting it off one year, and you're fully vaccinated - I say go. You may have to wear masks, even being vaccinated, but your sanity is equally important :) (And there's still a full month between now and October. Don't give up hope that things might start to get better by then.) Go and have some fun. Come back and tell us all about it! :)

Pea-n-Me, that looks like the same BLT salad I made once last summer! DH enjoyed it and said he'd like to have it again. I think I put the lettuce on the side, and then we each added what we wanted while dishing up.

School starts here 2 weeks from tomorrow! I'm having mixed feelings...I will no longer have to wrack my brain trying to find things to keep the Monkey busy, but I miss him when he's at school. I feel like we had so many things to do at home this summer, but because of the awful weather and other planned activities, we didn't get to many of them...

We have had a trip planned for DW for the last 3 years (we were supposed to go last year) and have decided to go this October BUT it seems like that CV is running rampant in Florida! we've both been fully vaccinated but I'm kind of worried. If we don't go and have some fun I'm afraid things are going to get rough around here. So, what would YOU do? (BE NICE PLEASE)
I think each person and group or family has to look at their own circumstances and decide if it’s right for them individually. There really is no blanket right or wrong answer for everybody. I saw a post the other day about someone who cancelled their trip to WDW but then got Covid at home when they did local things instead of their trip. Right now, there are no guarantees even going to the grocery store again. 😬 And of course there are lots of reports of people coming back testing positive. We have cases at work both known and unknown. It’s on the rise in many places. I think if people do go they need to be smart about it. Obviously vaccination is a first step that will hopefully help preserve hospital resources (which I think part of what @Bianca and Bernard might be concerned about but haven’t seen the posts she’s referring to yet 😅 ; as a FL resident I can understand the concern) as from what I am reading, most hospital cases seem to be from unvaccinated people. If I had young kids who weren’t vaccinated, I’d probably take pause. I think that being indoors with lots of people anywhere is risky right now, let alone at WDW where we all know they can be packed in like sardines, so if you go, I would avoid that by staying outdoors when possible and maybe changing the way you eat meals there (to order out or to eat outside). Rides might be for another time. (Remembering in June being stuck inside Mine Train for about a half an hour, then Peter Pan’s Flight, I was worried afterward but fortunately, we were fine. Don’t think I’d chance that today, even with a mask on.) CVS Walmart and Walgreen’s sell Covid tests ($25 for two, which is cheap comparatively), I would bring some of those to have on hand as reports of finding a place to get tested are that it’s hard to find anywhere. And know that if you do test positive, you will have to drive home as you can’t ethically get on a plane knowing you’re sick with Covid. If you can do all this and not let it spoil your trip, and understand that despite all that, you could still get Covid, then you should be ok to go. If not, then Disney will be there next time. We have an upcoming trip scheduled, too, and we are thinking about all of these things, as well. I also see the side of it that there is so much stress in our lives right now that it’s healthy to get away for a bit, too. We‘ve lost four family members in less than two years. Life is short. 😟 Really no easy answers here. Good luck with your decision.

:grouphug:B&B and prayers, my friend. That indeed sounds like an awful lot of medication.

Love Lou Lou's spirit, Kirby! I hope she had fun at Walmart in her costume :)

Thank you, Apirateslifeforme for letting us know you are safe! I will, btw, reply to your PM later or tomorrow :) So happy to hear of Josh's fun birthday trip and that all of you had a blast--hooray! Look forward to seeing some pictures if you want to share any with us. Hug on Josh going back to school. I certainly understand you (any parent) having mixed emotions on that decision right now! Prayers all-around, my friend and a welcome home hug, too :)

As always, sound and great advice, Pea.

Welcome Helen, btw! Prayers you make the best and safest decision for your family. I hope if you go, your trip is a lot of fun and definitely please tell us all about it, too.

For a sweet movie watch Miracle of the Cards!

Extra thankful this afternoon all went well at dad's appointment this morning. Thank you so much for your continuing prayers.

I hope all of you are having a good afternoon! 🐥

Good evening everyone. I have been a bit AWOL. Just been in a bit of a mood.

First a few replies from notes. Yes I took notes as I realized it has been over a week since I have been on.

@ Kirby Lil Joe is a real cutie. As far as the custody issues I saw what my son went through. He was never married to his son's mother and they were very young. First they tried the no custody papers route. That did NOT work. We got him a lawyer and the judge sided pretty much with the mother. There had been some issues, including deciding she no longer wanted him to be the father. Things went ok for awhile and then because he didn't give her a formal notarized document to where he moved, she knew because she was there quite often, she withheld my grandson from us all. We got an emergency injunction including granting me custody for 9 days since we had already paid for a trip to DIsney with him. After the second custody hearing she changed her actions a lot. We now get along really well although my son will never forgive her. I agree with other posters, check the papers or contact the lawyer.

@lynxstch - glad your husband is doing better.

Breezy_Carol - Shady Maple is awesome. Heading there again this week with my mom and 2 women from church. I was just there last week too.

@Bianca and Bernard - Sorry your husband was having stomach issues. My husband gets to deal with that whether it is him or me that gets sick. I rarely do but have a bad gag reaction. We made a deal when we were getting married - I handled diapers and he handled pet waste and all vomit. I got the better end of that deal. My kids have been out of diapers for 30 years and he is still dealing woth his end of the bargain.

@Pea-n-Me - Hope your daughter is feeling better soon.

@ Easyas123 - I love a Wawa Hoagie. Quick and easy when I don't feel like cooking or heading to the deli by my mom.

@helen29 - I get the early retirement for bad knees. I had to do the same thing and I don't think I could even live in my car on my pension. Thankfully my husband had a better income. As far as Disney - GO!!!! We postponed 2 cruises and I decided we needed to get away. We are vaccinated and both probably had Covid before they knew what it was. I have a ton of hand sanitizers in assorted scents, I love Bath and Body Works. I am stocking up on antibacterial wipes and we will have masks. My daughter is a nurse so she has been helping with the planning stages. We will wear the masks indoors and social distance as much as possible or wear the masks. We are headed down in December and I can't wait.

OK to catch up on me. My granddaughter turned 17 last week so we went to Shady Maple and some of our other spots in Lancaster. It was just me, her and my grandson. It was so nice to be able to sit and talk with them. She is a senior in high school this year so we talked about her plans and I made a deal with my grandson to try and motivate him. He needs to get A's and B's with no lower than a C in English and Spanish for the next 3 years and if he does I will take him on a trip somewhere. He says he can do it so we shall see.
My grandson Jay is 23 tomorrow. Where has the time gone?

Took the younger granddaughter to something at her school today. What a joke. They handed us a paper with some information and that was it. I was hoping there would be more information on how going back to school was going to be handled.

My foot is slowly healing. I saw the vein doctor and did not like him at all. He kept pushing the need for a primary care dr. My BP was a tad high and I do know it needs to be looked at. But I got very little sleep the night before, I had to lay flat on my back which causes severe spasms and they kept pressing really hard on my bad knee and telling me to relax. Yeah that wasn't going to happen. I get it but since I saw my doctor for almost 30 years before he unexpectedly passed away I am taking my time. I want a doctor like he was and that may not be easy. On the bright side my veins are in good shape. Add to it my ear is acting up again. Thankfully I still have some meds left to deal with that.

My dad has dementia. I didn't realize how bad until a conversation with him last week. He has his good days but he will get worse sadly. My mom is really making me angry. She said he is selfish and only thinking about his "memoirs" while she needs him to do the things she tells him to do. He doesn't remember what she tells him and it isn't on purpose. He does remember the past so get it down while he still can. Of course last week he put things in the big freezer in their basement. The door doesn't stay shut without being locked and he had some issues with the lock, it can be difficult at times. The freezer defrosted and I got my turkey breast my mom was storing for me. Did make dinner easy for a couple of days. Still can get one more meal out of it.

As far as the Potato Salad QOTD - I love potato salad but everyone wants my mom to make hers. As long as she keeps the onions out I like it. I make my own and my husband actually likes it better. If it's just for the 2 of us I use about 2 lbs. of potatoes. If it is for a picnic I make 5 lbs. Boiled, peeled and cut up with hard boiled eggs, celery and bacon. The dressing is eyeballed. Mayo, a couple tablespoons of Dijon and course ground mustard, salt, pepper, a couple shakes of celery seeds if I have them, a pinch of sugar and some vinegar. Mix it really well and toss the potatoes in it. It never comes out exactly the same since I don't measure but we like it. I have been known to add some sweet potatoes too if I have them on hand. They make a nice contrast to the white potato.

I wish I knew how my grandmother made her German Style Potato Salad. I know it was potatoes, onion and celery. The dressing was vinegar, oil and I think some boiled water for blending. She may have added a pinch of sugar too. I loved that potato salad.

Food Distribution has been going OK but I was really angry last week. I have been the only one doing the pick ups and I was really not in a great mood. Thankfully my brother was able to unload my car both days. Some of the boxes can be really heavy. On the plus side we were given 5 boxes of N95 masks of 20 per box. I grabbed 2 of the boxes for my Disney trip. I figured 3 stayed at church and with everything I do I was a little selfish. I also figured that I don't really take much for myself although I could. I just think my health issues, my dad and everyone pulling at me got to me last week. I am in a much better mood today.

This one pic from my trip to the shore spoke to me as I went through the pics today
292 (3).JPG

Footprints in the Sand is a favorite poem and I know that was what I would have seen last week.

Hope everyone has a good night

Thoughts and prayers who all who need them.

Knee issues can really make life tough. I had to leave a part time job because aI could not stay on my feet for hours. It is too bad employers will not help. Once I had my knees replaced it was such an improvement. Hope you do better now that you are retired.

We spent today at Storyland. It was cloudy and sprinkled a bit until 3. Then the downpours began. We had umbrellas and rain jackets. The grandkids loved it anyway. They got their licenses for driving the antique cars. They loved all the rides. It rsined so hard when we left that we got soaked even with our rain gear. But it was still a good day despite the rain,

@Pea-n-Me sorry your DD is sick. I thnk anywhere there are young kids close together strep is real possibility. Hope she feels better soon. No waterparks for us this trip.

For a Disney trip everyone has to look at their own situation. We are fully vaccinated. If we had kids who could not be vaccinated I would probably wait to go. DH and I have a trip planned for Nov. We are hoping things are better then.

Good evening. Just watching American Ninja Warrior and doing a catch up.

Just finished a Kincaid Disney puzzle of Little Mermaid, 750 pieces. Also finished the book The Book of Lost Names by Kristin Harmel. It was excellent and I highly recommend. It is mostly set in 1942 in France about a woman forging document to escape to Switzerland.

We had dance lesson this afternoon. Not sure how much I said about this. We went the first time back in 2014 so we would be able to dance at DD's wedding and not embarrass ourselves. And DH had to prepare for his dance with DD. Then we continued through DS's wedding a year later in 2015. We stopped then went back for another course of lessons before going on a cruise in 2017. Stopped again then signed up for 20 lessons before going to my niece's wedding next month. My brother and SIL have been taking ballroom dance lessons longer than we have and there is some sibling rivalry going on. We won't get to their level but have to at least try. Learning waltz, rumba, triple swing, jitterbug, and hustle (not the disco one).

We will have most of Tuesday and a bit of Wednesday to check out Boston before our meetings.
We are going on the way home from Maine next month. Let us know what not to miss.

have decided to go this October BUT it seems like that CV is running rampant in Florida! we've both been fully vaccinated but I'm kind of worried.
:welcome:
We also have a trip planned to Florida in October and are worried about it. Ours is different though. We are driving and taking the autotrain south. Upgraded to a private roomette instead of coach to separate from others. Staying in a condo in Sanibel so will mostly ride bikes, go to the beach, and cook our meals or carry out. Driving home. My major concern is if we had an accident or illness that required a hospital visit.

my apologies for the rant. Ok, so I have to run to the beer store,
Beer does sound necessary.

@apirateslifeforme, sounds like a great trip. Glad my directions helped. And the COVID test with the shallow nasal swab isn't bad at all. It only goes in as far as the cotton on a Q-tip.

@TazDev, cool beach picture.

Learning waltz, rumba, triple swing, jitterbug, and hustle (not the disco one).
That sounds like so much fun! A long time ago, back before we had kids, DH and I took a six week class on country and western dancing. We had so much fun learning didn't dances. When my company Christmas party rolled around each year we knew enough to get out on the floor and have a good time.

Good morning, all!

Up early thanks to a hungry cat with a really loud purr. :cat: 🥣

Welcome, Helen, and glad the storm didn't hit you hard, Liz!

Sunday was pretty smooth here as well. I think we actually got the worst of our rain last night. - It kept me up for a while, and DS got drenched on his way home from work.

No huge plans yet for today.

Good morning.

So far this morning I have called Amtrak and gotten a $270 refund on my autotrain ticket because of new pricing. Already a productive day.

Heading to Lancaster outlets in a bit then babysitting the grands for an hour at their house at dinner time while their parents have a Zoom conference with a lawyer to write their wills.

Have a good day and stay cool.

Good morning all..yes I know, I am late. @PollyannaMom beat me this morning. And your cat picture made me smile..we have a blanket almost like that,,and it looks like our Comet is sleeping on it..lol! I slept from 10-1 and then Mr L had to use the commode and I couldn't go back to sleep till almost 3:30 . Woke at 5 to 2 cats sitting on me meowing cause their breakfast was late. Got up and fed them, got hubby his pills and hot tea, and went back to bed. Fell asleep at 6 and woke at 7 with a headache and all stuffed up. So I am up for the day.

Going to be 91+ degrees again today..I am over this hot summer weather already, I want Fall to be here!

Only thing on the agenda today is Mr L has a vidyo (that's how they spell it) appt with the COPD clinic Dr at 10. Then OT tomorrow, PT Thursday and final visit from nurse on Friday. So a fairly quiet week. (I hope).

Have a nice morning

ce9285894102b3c3d0ebc623c617d453.gif

Morning all!

I stopped at Starbucks this morning on my way to the post office and Publix. I figured I'd just get the two packages there, and then on Friday, go pick up the other two. They finally had the pumpkin and apple seasonal flavors in, so I got a grande Pumpkin Spice cold brew, with Extra ps cold foam, ps topping, and an extra shot of vanilla. Man, I wish they had this year round! I think I might try the apple on Friday, as a frap; I don't think I'll like it hot (besides it is a bajillion degrees with a double bajillion humidity level, so who the heck wants hot coffee in that kind of weather????????????????)

Anyways, got my packages, and going to dig into all my goodies tonight after dinner. We got from Gethsemani Farms: fruitcake (still looking for a good one, lol); peanut butter fudge; chocolate bourbon fudge; mocha java coffee; and strawberry preserves. From Collisn STreet Bakery, we got Pineapple Pecan bites and chocolate cherry fudge pecan bites.

Lunch is just salad; dinner is pork panko crusted pork chops and roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Tomorrow, we are having pasta salad (balsamic vinagrette, Cherry Bomb Tomatoes, fresh mozz, and fresh basil) with rotisserie Publix chicken and Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper Soberdough bread. I'm making the salad tonight, except for the basil; I add that as I'm serving; the flavors meld so nicely overnight. I used to make pasta salads all the time, but with DH having to watch his carbs for the 'sugars' (as his family calls diabetes), and me watching because I want to drop another 100+lbs, it's been a no go for awhile. Once in awhile is ok, though.

what else to do today? Wash towels, and hopefully sheets/bedding. Put away the three loads of laundry sitting on a box in my bedroom. Well, that is my very exciting life. SEriously, I have the most boring existance known to man, when the grandkids/kids aren't involved. LOL

Have a good day everyone.

Hello Everyone, Positive wishes for everyone dealing with weather issues. It is hot and humid here, went out and cut some brush and a
was dripping like crazy.

Our granddaughters birthday party was very nice, the weather was lovely and she loved all her gifts. When she saw the Bluey decorations, she exclaimed "Mom, that's my show, that's my show!" Makes it all worth it. We gave her one of the "Magnolia" doll houses and she played with it the whole time.

I have another appt. with the ortho., later this week. I'm sure she'll want me to do a shot, however I've never had much luck with them. I also have an appt. with a dietitian, am considering weight loss surgery, anyone here have any experience they'd like to share. I thought I would be considered too old (62) but the doctor said no, it is fairly common. I'm very unsure about it, been doing a bit of research, which actually confuses me more.

Hard to believe it is almost September, I love Fall but detest Winter.

Good Morning, friends :)

Sorry about the rain, Snowysmom. I am so glad to hear your grandkids had fun anyway. Storyland sounds like a wonderful place for kids to visit :) It is indeed sad that employers (in general) are not more considerate of their employee’s health needs. Much prayer indeed that (long before) by November for sure, the pandemic situation has greatly improved for us all!

Good for you, Carol on learning new things—dances :) Dancing has never been an interest or talent of mine, that’s for sure! It is so sweet always to hear of dad’s first dances with their daughter’s at their weddings. Much prayer your trip will be both fun and safe! Have fun shopping today, too!

:) Kirby, good for you!

Thank you, PollyannaMom 9and your cat) for the extra morning smile1 So funny, the cat’s thermometer!

I’m sure sorry to hear your cold is still hanging around, Lynn :( Take care and feel better, my friend! Hugs.

Enjoy all your treats, B&B!

Good to see you, DazedX3! So happy your granddaughter had a fun birthday party. Hugs and prayers to you, friend on your upcoming doctor's appointment.

August has sped by! Yet some days (and this time in general still) have a timeless feel, doesn't it? I absolutely know how precious every day is of health, life, and ability to serve, cherish also extra time with dad and dear Quacker friends, too. Have a wonderful Tuesday, all! I will check back in this afternoon.

Happy Tuesday all. Can't remember when I posted last....I need to take notes like @tazdev3225 mentioned....at least I think it was her... :sad2: See I need notes...:laughing:

DH and DD got home from their trip Saturday early afternoon, we ended up ordering sushi for dinner and ate out on the back patio. Sunday, DH and I spent the afternoon/evening at out friend's swimming and BBQing dinner. I think I may have had a little too much to drink....:rolleyes1:laughing: but we had a fun time. For once, it was DH driving home and not me...haha I woke up feeling a little yucky but just relaxed all morning until I needed to go help my dad with something. DH got home for work and let me know he was needed out of town again so we packed up and left last night. Got up here to our hotel at about 11p. He worked today and I've just been hanging out in the room. It will be a boring week since we don't have a rental or my friend to do stuff during the day while the guys work. It's ok I don't mind being lazy.

I also have an appt. with a dietitian, am considering weight loss surgery, anyone here have any experience they'd like to share.
I had weight loss surgery in 2010. If you have any questions. I lost 130lbs initially but unfortunately have gained back about 50lbs(20lbs of that was just last year, 2020 :sad2:). It was rough the first couple months but definitely worth it. Back then I had a full gastric bypass...I think the sleeve and other types are more common now and not as invasive. I still have trouble digesting some types of food like meat and can only eat small amounts at one time but i would do it again in a heartbeat. It was the best decision I've even made...i may still be overweight but I'm way for active than I ever was before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter