Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Hi everyone.

Met SIL at a park this morning and we walked 3 miles with DGS in his stroller, before it got to hot. We went to the park where DGD is having Safety Town this week so he was there to pick her up. Nothing much since then but staying cool in the AC.

I'd love to learn to knit/crochet,
I can teach you to knot.

Have you considered having a night nurse come in, if only for a week or so? You are going to run yourself ragged, and you'll be more susceptible to falling ill yourself if you can't get some proper sleep. Or perhaps have one of your SIL's or DIL's come and stay for a few nights? Just to give you a bit of a break?
I was going to agree with this too.

It's just that he still can't walk good enough to get to the commode by himself..and with all the lasix he takes, he has to go a LOT,,
Give him a hospital urinal (Urine bottle) for at might so he doesn't have to get out of bed. Hang it on a bucket at bedside and only use at night.

Fish and french fries in the oven for dinner with sliced tomatoes.

Good evening to all.

Dead2009- Bummer on not getting a walk in. We could use some rain in my neck of the woods, but would like for the storms to stay away.

lynxstch- Hopefully you and Mr. L. will find a routine that works for both of you, and that it is figured out sooner rather than later. I’m sure being home is wonderful in some aspects, but still stressful in others. If cleaning helps you destress, I wish you lived closer to me, I’d have you feeling “zen” by the time you got done with my house. It’s a disaster. Also, a night aid might not seem necessary, but if they can give YOU a solid few nights of sleep it could wonders for both you and Mr. L. :grouphug: just a thought.

kirby- A little late, but glad Lil Joe is home. I’m guessing it was a happy reunion all around. How is your daughters friend doing?

I think the heat is finally supposed to start to subside a bit starting tomorrow. At least the humidity is anyway. Sounds like we may have almost fall temps by the weekend. As I stated earlier we could use a nice rain.

Good night blessings to all.

Good morning all..another day of the heatwave on tap..at least 95 maybe 98 tomorrow. Then a cool down for the weekend, with maybe rain, I hope so! My garden already looks like the end of Sept, never mind not even the middle of August :(

Hubby figured out how to lay on his side a little in his chair without hurting the broken elbow, and actually got a few hours of sleep, which let me get almost 4. Respiratory called and will be here around 9 or 9:30. Then OT called at 9 last nite ,and said she would be here around 10:30 or 11. the nurse and PT are both coming today also, but they need to figure out a better schedule. They can't all pile on at once, or hubby will be too tired to even move.

Took trash down to the street and fed the cats.

@frog3101 I would love to come and clean for you and zen out for a few hours/days, lol!
@Dead2009--sorry the rain ruined your walk,,it's been so long since we had rain, I would love to just take a walk in it and get nice and wet!
@flyingdumbo127 Mona, I had the same issue when trying to find a new desk lamp. Couldn't find any so still using the old one,,let me know if you find one somewhere!

Have a nice morning all, stay cool.

a7d42a47973465a7df1ef3fec0db82c5.jpg

I can teach you to knot.

I have never been able to crochet or knit. Something in my brain doesn't connect with my fingers and I end up with extra holes and twisties and stuff. I can do things with loop yarn, though! I've made 4 blankets, a 'sausage' style pillow and a couple of couch pillows.

I used to be able to crossstich and embroider, but my hands cramp too easily now. :(
I can do those diamond dot painting things; but it takes me a long time because of the hand cramping.

Easy morning, did not walk again. I'm still pretty congested; not unusual for this time of year. It seems my allergies all bundle up throughout the spring and summer, and come to a head in Aug/Sept. I'll do some floor exercises today, so I can get something on the board. I have to vacuum, run the trash out, clean the litter boxes, clean my bathroom, sweep and mop all the wood floors, and put away laundry. Ugh.

DGS#2 made his own dinner (their night, our this morning, lol)! At 5, he is already making things that are out of my zone.

Yall have a good day!

Last edited:

I’m glad Mr L got some sleep in the chair last night, Lynn, and took some of the pressure off his backside. 👍🏻

Also, a night aid might not seem necessary, but if they can give YOU a solid few nights of sleep it could wonders for both you and Mr. L
My fears about this, knowing (and loving 💞) Lynn as we do, are twofold. 1) It doesn’t help Mr L really establish a regular nighttime routine, and 2) that it would actually keep Lynn awake, hearing things and responding to them. In some ways I am like Lynn, and it happened to me when my kids were little and I had babysitters, trying to sleep during the day after pulling night shifts. I could never sleep because I heard everything! Even the tone of my kids’ voices, if not right, would cause me to get up to go downstairs to see what was going on, and ”make things right”. That’s how we are! :lmao: (Type A when it comes to caregiving!) ETA It can also add to things to worry and not be happy about - late for work, didn’t show up, too much sickening perfume, not doing things right, wants to bring her kid along cause no one available to watch them, messy, didn’t clean up, etc. All things that happened to me (and I didn’t mention brought in bugs and stole food). 😳

Working on establishing a good nighttime routine (aka “sleep hygiene) and being able to walk to bed will probably take the same amount of time as finding a reliable nighttime caregiver but will yield longer term results once Mr L can actually sleep through the night. It will continue to be challenging, though, since even before this, schedules weren’t quite the same. DH and I are like that, too, and it’s hard to break old habits. A tough situation, for sure!

Thank you all for your thoughts on the dog rescue situation. The reason it’s so frustrating for me is because this has literally been going on for years, since we lost our last German Shepherd. I am probably pushing 50 applications thus far, and every one of them has either not gone anywhere, or fallen through. It takes a lot of time to search, fill those out, notify references, make visits, and all that goes along with adopting a dog, not to mention, getting your heart set on something (even when you know better). Our area (Northeast) seems to be a real superhighway of sorts for rescues. Most come in from other areas; oftentimes you can’t even meet them first as they aren’t even here yet! It may “list” a local rescue, but when you inquire, you learn the dog is actually still somewhere else. And some do ask for a commitment to bring the dog here. (Whereas I feel for sure I’d at least like to meet the dog and see how they interact with Toto, etc., even though I have a pretty good idea from the description and/or video. I’ve also found out some things that are red flags for me by asking questions when things aren’t listed, for example reactivity, which can be common in GSDs, and I prefer not to live with again.) Oftentimes the dogs are already gone by the time you even inquire! (But you might not find that out for a week or two! 😬 ) For people who don’t have a particular breed, temperament, or health concerns (or things like that) in mind, I think it’s easier to find one. Our local GSD rescue has been difficult to deal with, to say the least. So I wait. I could go get a puppy, and I’m not completely ruling that out, but I really would like to help one in need. Just to explain a little more. 😕

Last edited:
I have never been able to crochet or knit. Something in my brain doesn't connect with my fingers and I end up with extra holes and twisties and stuff. I can do things with loop yarn, though! I've made 4 blankets, a 'sausage' style pillow and a couple of couch pillows.

I used to be able to crossstich and embroider, but my hands cramp too easily now. :(
I can do those diamond dot painting things; but it takes me a long time because of the hand cramping.

Easy morning, did not walk again. I'm still pretty congested; not unusual for this time of year. It seems my allergies all bundle up throughout the spring and summer, and come to a head in Aug/Sept. I'll do some floor exercises today, so I can get something on the board. I have to vacuum, run the trash out, clean the litter boxes, clean my bathroom, sweep and mop all the wood floors, and put away laundry. Ugh.

DGS#2 made his own dinner last night (their last night, our this morning, lol)! At 5, he is already making things that are out of my zone.
View attachment 596341View attachment 596342View attachment 596343View attachment 596344View attachment 596345View attachment 596346

Yall have a good day!
What a doll!

Precious DGS, B&B! God Bless him!

Lynn, we sure do love you and just are concerned for your well-being! We care :)

Hugs, Pea. I'm not sure at this stage in my own life, I'd have puppy energy but definitely would love to one day have a dog companion again. Thank you again for your caring heart to pups in need. God will bring the dog to you in His perfect way.

Dead, lol, send some rain to Frog :D And have a great day, yourself :)

Thank you Carol and everyone else for the lamp ideas. It does seem only LED lamps are being sold and that the bulbs are non removable. Dad got one such cheap lamp last year from Target. It's very hot and just not the same. I have shared before how I typically prefer the "old" version of a product to it's "new and improved" form and gooseneck lamps sure fall into that category :)

Wishing all of you lovely friends, Wednesday cheer! 🌷

This seemed like the perfect place to park this:

For the record looking carefully at the photo…..grannygrrl needs a new bra…
Just saying.

Hello and hope you are doing well in these eye of the pandemic hurricane times.
Be good to you and yours 👍🏾
PS eventually I’ll be back to posting regularly here but still on break time.

View attachment 596422

Just saying.

Lol! So good to see you here! :goodvibes:

Thank you Carol and everyone else for the lamp ideas. It does seem only LED lamps are being sold and that the bulbs are non removable. Dad got one such cheap lamp last year from Target. It's very hot and just not the same. I have shared before how I typically prefer the "old" version of a product to it's "new and improved" form and gooseneck lamps sure fall into that category :)

Wishing all of you lovely friends, Wednesday cheer! 🌷

Something Like This?

Well its been a busy morning..respiratory was supposed to be here at 9:00,,she showed up at 9:40. OT was supposed to be here at 10..she showed up at 10:45, and PT came in right behind her,,he was on time. He is also the same PT guy we had 5 years ago..lives right by us..and remembered Mr L. I like him, he's not going to let Mr L get away with anything..is making him work! Nurse was supposed to be here at 1..so he's late too..and its now quarter of 2 and still no sign of the nurse--they have to coordinate better for Friday..too much commotion with everyone running into everyone else's times.

We are up to 94 degrees already..HOT HOT HOT...@NYCgrrl nice to see you..stop by again when you can stay longer, lol!
I wish all our missing family members on this thread would check in when they have a chance..especially Tina..I am worried about her..it's not like her to not post anything in such a long time :(

well its 2:45 and the nurse just left. They managed to take up a good part of the day by all being late. All the nurse did was ask questions, take vitals, and look at his leg..most of the time was spent trying to get his laptop to work right..lol..we are now at 96 and have a severe storm watch till tonite..wanna take bets? LOL!

Last edited:
Hello again, friends...I've been MIA for a while. I do think of everyone often and hope and pray that all is going well.

I've been very angry for a while now. I probably shouldn't get into it on the public side of the boards - all I will say is that my SIL has gone off the rails regarding COVID and masks and vaccines. I just don't want to be anywhere around her right now. This is going to make it very difficult when we have the family celebration for Josh's birthday on Saturday. I almost want to call it off but that's not fair to him.

Also, after an appointment and running errands this morning, we came home to horrible news. I think I mentioned some time ago that the 15-year-old daughter of one of my old friends was recently diagnosed with cancer for the second time. The first was when she was 10 years old, and she had a year or two of chemo and radiation and finally was in remission. A month or two ago, just after the 5-year anniversary of her first diagnosis, they learned that the cancer had returned. But they were all still upbeat and positive, my friend posted just a few days ago that she'd had her first or second treatment and was doing very well. Then the first thing on my FB feed this afternoon was that her daughter died this morning. I never met the girl but I am absolutely devastated for my friend. I can only think of one other time in my life that I felt this much heartache. Please keep them in your prayers if you're so inclined :sad1:

Hello again, friends...I've been MIA for a while. I do think of everyone often and hope and pray that all is going well.

I've been very angry for a while now. I probably shouldn't get into it on the public side of the boards - all I will say is that my SIL has gone off the rails regarding COVID and masks and vaccines. I just don't want to be anywhere around her right now. This is going to make it very difficult when we have the family celebration for Josh's birthday on Saturday. I almost want to call it off but that's not fair to him.

Also, after an appointment and running errands this morning, we came home to horrible news. I think I mentioned some time ago that the 15-year-old daughter of one of my old friends was recently diagnosed with cancer for the second time. The first was when she was 10 years old, and she had a year or two of chemo and radiation and finally was in remission. A month or two ago, just after the 5-year anniversary of her first diagnosis, they learned that the cancer had returned. But they were all still upbeat and positive, my friend posted just a few days ago that she'd had her first or second treatment and was doing very well. Then the first thing on my FB feed this afternoon was that her daughter died this morning. I never met the girl but I am absolutely devastated for my friend. I can only think of one other time in my life that I felt this much heartache. Please keep them in your prayers if you're so inclined :sad1:
Oh, that’s terrible! I’m sorry to hear. Will keep them in my prayers, for sure.

I know, I think we mentioned here the other day that some of these Covid issues have caused problems among families. I hope you can get through the birthday party without any issues. :worried: Happy Birthday to Josh! 🎈He is 7 now, right?

@apirateslifeform--that was terrible news to come home to..many prayers said for your friend and her family, they must be devastated
I hope you can still have Josh's birthday party and that you and your SIL can manage to keep your distance from each other for a couple of hours. Happy early birthday to Josh!

YEs, please share the recipe!
I'd love to hear your recipe as well.
I tried to copy and paste from the website but it was formatting weird so here's the link....
https://midwestfoodieblog.com/mexican-street-corn-pasta-salad/#tasty-recipes-21049-jump-target
Sadly it doesn’t feel I’ve ever made a dent. just will keep plucking away little by little. Tiny steps are better than no steps.
We cleaned out soo much junk before my mom's celebration of life in June and I still feel like there is so much more we can get rid of.

My day has started off very sad.
I'm sorry. I hope your dream pup turns up soon.

We have same situation w/ my husbands mother.
Its sad you also have to deal with this....it took a long time but we finally have peace with the no contact now.

With 3 little ones, the more adults the better.
Sounds like a good plan...lol

Well, sad day; I cancelled our anniversary dinner.
So sorry you had to cancel. Happy early anniversary.

28th anniversary is this weekend
happy early anniversary to you too.

Hubby figured out how to lay on his side a little in his chair without hurting the broken elbow, and actually got a few hours of sleep, which let me get almost 4.
Glad you got a little sleep. That was the hardest for me when I cared for my mom....I needed my sleep.

DGS#2 made his own dinner (their night, our this morning, lol)! At 5, he is already making things that are out of my zone.
So cute. That looks more complicated than 23yo DD would do. LoL

View attachment 596422

Just saying.

This made me laugh. LOL

good to see you here.... :grouphug:

So sad. :( prayers for the family.

Happy early birthday to Josh.

We had a duct test yesterday for our new AC unit. Fingers crossed 🤞 we don't have to replace our duct work. We're figuring we probably will though. I have my blood pressure check tomorrow am and DH should be home Friday. He and DD are planning on driving out to Kansas for a quick visit with BIL and SiL on Sunday. They'll take 2 days to drive there 4 days to visit and 2 days to get back. I will have the whole week to myself, well me and dogs....lol and....ahhhh....I'm so looking forward to it. :laughing:

Hope everyone has a good evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter