Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

we have all new equiptment
YAY!

Have you found one for the wedding? Have I missed something? Would love to see both dresses!
I have not made a definite decision but am getting close. I will post both when I am sure.

They look like fun to wear and are good conversation starters for sure!
Well said.
@Biancaandbernard, If your DH likes the shirts, I'd be ok unless you were going somewhere fancy.

We had chicken sausage grillers and tomatoes fresh from the garden for dinner.

Th upstairs neighbor is making such a racket! He's jumping around so heavily. Yuck.

Prayers to all whose churches are in transition. I'm moving further away from my current congregation over how it continues to be run. Carol, I really wish your church was not on the opposite end of the country from me. But I am so grateful to get to be part of it in a tiny way anyway via online worship.

I watched The Christmas Card movie I had recorded last week. A bit dragged out but a sweet story.

Have sweet dreams, friends.

Good morning all. They say today will be the first day not in the 90's, only 85, lol. Might even get some rain, but I am not counting on their weather. What we got last nite lasted all of maybe 5 minutes, and didn't do a thing to wet much. I watered well, and will do so again this morning. Tomorrow might feel a little cooler if it only gets to the 80 they are saying. My ex sister in law in SC says they are supposed to hit 115 this weekend? Yikes!

I got a little sleep last nite, just can't manage to make it without waking up at least 3-4 times. Mind is going with everything I have to get or do before next Tuesday I guess.

First garden tomatoes are starting to ripen, finally. Can't wait to just pick one, rinse it off and stand in the garden eating it, tradition with the first one, lol!

Light grocery shopping trip after hospital this afternoon, hopefully will make it home by dinnertime.

Was nice to be able to watch a little tv last night without the picture freezing up, or the recording stopping and starting, but I did get that 'video unavailable' 2x during the Olympics. They replaced the micro whatever it was with a fiber optic link, so they said that problem was fixed, but apparently not. It's affecting stations coming out of Hagerstown and Baltimore. Not bothering to call them, they know it's an issue, so just fix it!

Have a great morning all..stay cool!

f78fe64c1078f81e151dcc75648a6520--disney-quotes-walt-disney.jpg

Have you ever gotten a Current catalog in the mail ? They sell wrapping paper, birthday cards, and holiday items. Yesterday, I got the one with Christmas items - Snoopy gift bags, meaning of Christmas ornaments, fun wrapping paper, i wanted about $200 worth of stuff. Don’t worry I didn’t order yet, but it was fun to think of the holiday for a few minutes. Where I live it is usually 30 degrees and light snow. Thus, i went outside and enjoyed the summer sunshine

Good morning everyone.

Enjoy your visit today Lynn-
Hope your upstairs neighbor quieted down FlyingDumbo!

Not much going on today, I've got a meeting at 9, so in a few minutes. Then I need to drive over to Annapolis to take care of some business there.
They are saying severe storms this evening, but I am not holding my breath. I hope it rains but who knows -

Have you ever gotten a Current catalog in the mail

My MIL used to order stuff from them, I always found the quality to be a bit...lacking shall we say.

No idea what is for dinner this evening, but I have some risotto and a salad so it will probably be some combination of that!

Have a good morning everyone-

Have you ever gotten a Current catalog in the mail ? They sell wrapping paper, birthday cards, and holiday items...

I've ordered from them and been happy. The wrapping paper is thick and has a grid on the back to make it easy to cut straight. I also got a little tiny lighted magnifier from them (like the size of a credit card, only thicker) that I use a lot.

Good Morning! :)

Stay cool, Lynn, and try to allow yourself to rest! You need to take extra care before next week, friend. I also pray today's visit goes well.

Sparkle, I've never ordered from Current directly yet have via Amazon gotten some of their stickers. I think they always have a higher shipping minimum. Definitely fun to look through their offerings, I so agree! :)

The neighbor did quiet down, thanks Easyas. Safe travels and back home before the storm!

PollyannaMom, a grid would be most helpful! Sometimes cutting completely straight is not an easy thing to do!

Dad is off before the heat strikes getting my car washed and going to the Dollar Tree. I'm slowly getting more needed stories for my book project. For any of you who have promised to write, please do keep me posted and thank you! Anyone else who might like to reconsider, PM me.

:grouphug:🐣

Good afternoon.

Some non-dress good news. DD took the exam for her LCSW-C and passed. This is a licensed certified social worker - clinical. It is the highest level she can obtain as a social worker. She has been studying and taking practice tests while working full time with two little ones at home. DH and I are very proud of her.

I made an online grocery order last night and picked it up this morning. I had forgotten how easy it was. And while out (@easyas123 don't be jealous.) we went to Dunkin' for an iced coffee for DH and Lowes for fly paper.

Can't wait to just pick one, rinse it off and stand in the garden eating it, tradition with the first one, lol!
I like them when they are warm from the garden too. Our one plant is producing now and I go out and pick one or two to slice right before dinner.

Might even get some rain
They are saying severe storms this evening
He had some hard rain over night and are at a moderate risk of severe storms tonight. DD and family are going to the Delaware State Fair this afternoon so I hope the weather holds for them

I have goldfish crackers.
I am jealous!

I read this on Facebook and thought it was funny. Just finished reading a book in which it is claimed that keeping an aquarium in the house produces a calming effect on the brain. This is due to all the indoor-fins !!!

I can attest to the aquarium thing. We have kept fish for 26 plus years now. Both the sound of the water and watching the fish relaxes me. We had to buy a new light for our 55 gallon tall aquarium last year, and it has a night version. I love the effect of the blue light on the fish. My husband keeps it clean. I enjoy. We have had a lot of luck with having baby platies by keeping the water very warm.

Just yet another quick drive-by post...I owe some return PMs, and have nothing on my schedule for tomorrow (except for doing my nails at some point ;) ). @flyingdumbo127, you made a good point in one of your emails about "names" and I'm working on that as well. If you get my drift... ;)

@Bianca and Bernard, I like the shirts! I wonder if my DH would wear something like that, we all love Star Wars here!

@Breezy_Carol, congrats to your DD!
Have you ever gotten a Current catalog in the mail ? They sell wrapping paper, birthday cards, and holiday items. Yesterday, I got the one with Christmas items - Snoopy gift bags, meaning of Christmas ornaments, fun wrapping paper, i wanted about $200 worth of stuff. Don’t worry I didn’t order yet, but it was fun to think of the holiday for a few minutes. Where I live it is usually 30 degrees and light snow. Thus, i went outside and enjoyed the summer sunshine

When I was little - I mean literally 40 years ago - we used to get the Current catalog every few months like clockwork, and my mother would take it to work and collect orders from her coworkers. I would always get excited when the orders were delivered, because Mom would leave everyone's order lists in a folder on her bedroom dresser, and I would get to open the box and separate everything. It was even more fun around Christmas, because people would order a LOT of stuff! Now we only get a catalog maybe once a year, or every two years. Sometimes I forget that they're still around.

I have goldfish crackers.
My kid wants to know what kind. He only likes the cheddar and pizza flavors. And they have to be regular cheddar and pizza; he doesn't like the "flavor jacked" or whatever they call those ;)

So we had a lot of fun at the tie-dye craft yesterday at the library! We are inspired to do more of these - I want a shirt of my own now, and a lot of people brought pillowcases, which is a cool idea. They did the Rit-dye-in-the-bucket method, not the squirt-on method that so many craft stores sell now. Josh surprised me by wanting pink on his - I thought he hated pink. He did a FABULOUS job and even Miss Lisa and Miss Kristen were impressed:
MVIMG_20210728_141432.jpg(I just couldn't convince him to hold the shirt in the dye longer. Today it's dry and it's not nearly as dark/vibrant as in the photo. Still gorgeous, though).

Afterward he played on the playground for quite a while; one of his classmates, a little girl named Zeniah, was there, so he got a few hours with her. Then we went to the laser light show at the Annex after dinner and that was SO COOL! It was something like little movies made with lasers, projected onto a big screen (and ceiling) coordinated with music. Laser music videos, if you will. Started off with "Can't Stop the Feeling" by Justin Timberlake (yes, I like a Justin Timberlake song...it's actually kind of catchy) and there was a mix of other genres. Some new stuff that I didn't know...some Led Zeppelin (which Josh told his friend Harper's mom, sitting next to him, "That's Uncle Ozzy," so I had to explain to her that "everything to him is Ozzy Osbourne" and tell him that it was Led Zeppelin), Queen, MC Hammer, some dance stuff from when I was in high school (anyone remember "Everybody Dance Now"?). Really cool stuff!

This morning it was back to the library for Storytime. The art craft was a little 2-sided wooden animal to paint. Josh got a turtle, so I told him about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and he then decided to paint the turtle blue around the eyes (like Leonardo...Josh is familiar with Leonardo da Vinci). We also found another sign on our scavenger hunt. We were stumped on the clue about "Peter Rabbit can be found hopping through this community garden that grows vegetables for the food shelf." I looked up community gardens in town and found 6 listed. We went to all of them TWICE and there were no signs. I thought maybe someone stole it, and we were going to ask Miss Lisa about it. But suddenly this morning, I was doing some more googling and happened on a post about a garden behind the senior center. Hm....so before Storytime, we went out there and what do you know - there it was! :banana: We were the first ones to arrive for Storytime and he told Miss Lisa about it. She said we were the 3rd people to say the same thing. So now we only have one more to get and I definitely know where it is. We just have to go for ice cream in the next few nights... ;)

DD took the exam for her LCSW-C and passed. This is a licensed certified social worker - clinical. It is the highest level she can obtain as a social worker. She has been studying and taking practice tests while working full time with two little ones at home. DH and I are very proud of her.

As well you should - that's no small feat! Good luck to her!

Made my way into Annapolis and back w/o getting fouled up in any shore traffic. I have to go back in 3-4 weeks and I think I'm going to make a afternoon of it, I forgot how quaint some of it can be. I could pass a few hours putzing around the stores, having lunch and whatnot on Main St. & the Downtown area. Isn't it funny the areas we live in that are relatively close to us that we pass by but are so used to that we don't spend time there?

My husband just got a call from our DIL to be, asking him if he was "on his way home" yet. She reported a snake in the chicken coop, specifically in the eggs. This is why I haven't checked for eggs for 40 years. I had a similar incident as a kid in the cow barn where the chickens laid eggs. No Thankyou hahaha! Anyway, he gets to the barn and finds her there with a old gaff in her hands trying to get the snake out of there. Luckily he grabbed ahold of it and winged it out into the field. No doubt that bugger will be back - I wonder if she will check for eggs again :lmao: :rotfl2::lmao: I am guessing not!

Good news - foster dog has had a prospective adoptive family selected. They have a fenced yard and a teenage daughter, and I think will be the perfect place for her. Hope it all comes together. We will see in the next few days.

[/QUOTE] Tornado watch just got dropped on Baltimore until 9. Woo. Cant wait, lol.[/QUOTE]

Ugh - if we don't get some rain soon...I'll be on my porch doing my rain dance this evening. I lovelovelove a good storm, but don't wish a tornado on anyone. I do wish a decent thunderstorm on me though! We are covered in our area, too. Ours is until 10 PM I think , unless it's changed. Stay safe.

This weekend is looking tip-top weather wise at least. We have a outdoor dinner on Saturday, and it's looking like it's going to be lovely, cool and no humidity.

Glad you all like the flower pics. I really enjoy doing them so I hope we get the chance to do some more often.

@lynxstch glad to hear your DH is doing wel

@Bianca and Bernard love the Ron Swanson shirt...lol He's a favorite in our house, although I don't know if I'd want my DH to wear that shirt. :laughing:

@Breezy_Carol congrats to your daughter.

@apirateslifeforme love Josh's shirt...the colors are so pretty. All my favs... :lovestruc

@Kirby I think you shared the spaghetti pie recipe before....I'm going to need to search for it. Looks yummy. Hubby and DD are spaghetti fans, I usually make myself "spaghetti tacos" when we have it. Have I mentioned before how much I love tacos?:laughing:

@flyingdumbo127 I really like the Christmas Card movie....I think it was really the first Hallmark movie I really got into. Maybe because I have a special place in my heart for military/veteran stories. Plus the main character shares my first name....lol

@tazdev3225 I hope your toe heals and your infection gets better quickly.

@easyas123 ack.... about the snake. We've had two in the house through the years and it freaks me out thinking about it.

I really need to take notes when I read, I think....there was more I wanted to comment on and now I can't remember. :sad2:

DH and I are headed home tonight and I can't wait to get home. Hubby has a ton to do at home this weekend before having to head back up here again on Sunday. He needs to replace the water heater(poor DD has been dealing with cold water this week while we've been gone...she's a trooper.), get my car a new battery(I don't think I shared about the dead battery before I left, did I? :sad2: ), and take one of DDs tires to get patched. I probably won't be coming back up with him since it's DDs birthday on Thursday and I don't want to leave her home alone on her birthday week. I'll just make her dinner and get her a cake to celebrate....she hates going out for dinner on her birthday and said she would rather spend it at home so no plans other than that.

Edited to add.... @PollyannaMom how is your DS feeling??

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter