Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Oh! What's that?

The class is tomorrow, but this is the description from the library's website:

1699055014590.png
Join [xxxx] of [xxxx] for this adult (18+) Fun Fused Glass Workshop where you will create a dichroic fused glass key ring... a great stocking stuffer for your loved ones!

All materials will be included. No experience necessary!

I think we will choose pieces of glass, and then they will heat them to permanently fuse them together.

Last edited:
:grouphug:dear Dazed. May your Thanksgiving meal truly be tasty and peaceful!

Go you, Easyas! That is great to start early.

Have a wonderful time, PollyannaMom! As a kid I sure loved the glass blown animals at touristy stores and DL, too. I even had a few shadow boxes of them. I did think it would be cool to be able to somehow make them. Enjoy your class and may you also pick up a good📕

Space Man, I hope you had a good Friday, friend :)

Sweet dreams to all with love.

Easyas…. I do like it, I don‘t stuff the bird, but I really don’t think that would make a difference. I‘m kind of new to making the stuffing, my sister who passed away last year was always in charge. I did make it from time to time, but I am still trying to perfect it. I know you can freeze it baked or unbaked, I always freeze unbaked, that way I feel like it is fresher on the day.

@PollyannaMom The glass fusion class sounds like fun.

@daxedx3 Nice to get a head start on Thanksgiving. My younger DS makes a stuffing with Challah bread, chicken sausage, and spices. So good. Older DS likes the pepperidge farm stuffing which is easy to make. I like to add celery, onions, and mushrooms to it but he won't eat it that way. I let him be in charge of his stuffing. He does make a good smoked turkey.

Good morning. It is warmer this morning, 45. The temps are supposed to be in the upper 50s. Good soccer playing weather. Yesterday I was at Kenny's and we did go to Chick Fil A for dinner. I just got a grilled chicken sandwich. I guess I am one of the few people who is not a fan of the fries. I like crispy fries and I find theirs to be too big and soggy.

Have a good day.

Good morning! Recovering from my work stretch. Finally feeling human again, lol.

All this talk of stuffing has me looking forward to ours. It’s a good idea to make and freeze it ahead of time, if you can. We just don’t have the freezer space. (We have to clean them out, for sure.) We use the Bell’s Seasoning stuffing and add butter, sausage, onion, celery, cranberries, apples, and sometimes walnuts. So good.
ETA

1699109230257.jpeg

I like how everyone has their own way of making stuffing, those threads here crack me up. In New England we tend to like the Bell’s, but not everyone does. It’s just a local thing, I guess; what we grew up on. My BIL used to make a seafood stuffing and chowder, but he’s gone now, so we’ll be missing that. 😔 For our family’s feast we’ll be making the stuffing, string beans (with garlic butter and cranberries), the fall vegetable dish that I posted here recently (butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, bacon, green apple and chicken sausage with a yogurt honey mustard glaze - OR we might do the usual root vegetable dish, not sure), and DH is going to make his cannolis, they are so fresh and good! Looking forward to that. I am actually working Thanksgiving this year but I should be able to make it for dinner.

Waiting for DD to get home from work, she is bringing me a Dunkin coffee and orange cranberry muffin. She sent me info from her Apple Watch, she walked two miles in her 12 hr shift overnight. (And to think, some people think night nurses have it easier! Lol!) DS and DH are taking the dogs for their weekend ride. DS picked up some OT today so he is going in early. He’s made his decision about his career path so he’s happy about that, and focused. I took care of a patient this week who had a similar path and it was good to talk to him. I told DS about our conversations over dinner last night. (We made grilled ham steaks with rice pilaf and grilled zucchini.) What an interesting life story this guy had! He reinvented himself several times but did it in a big way! Really nice guy.

DS has a baseball tournament this winter in FL and he wants us to go this year, so we booked that the other day. Looking forward now to a winter getaway. And nice that our overnight in the airport recently will pay for the airfare! (Which I’m convinced we got because we were understanding about the hassle.) So we have the wedding coming up and then the tournament to look forward to later. I heard a story yesterday about a nurse that up and quit after some BS happened at work. More and more I can understand why. But having vacation time to look forward to really helps with that. 🤕

Well I hope everyone has a nice Saturday. 🐥 DH has some outside work to do and I am going to try to keep going with my clothes. Packing last month was ridiculous trying to find everything, so I really need to get my things organized. Fortunately while I was packing for Arizona I did a lot of my packing for FL, too, at the same time. It’s just hard to predict weather that time of year, so you have to be prepared for everything. (Last year when we were there over Christmas it was in the low 30s.) Kind of funny going from 108 to 30s so quickly but that’s how it is in these US states. Weather here is supposed to be decent this weekend, so a good time to get the outside stuff done.

1699101109829.jpeg

Last edited:
Good cloudy morning. Sun is supposed to come out and be mid to upper 60's. Luke called yesterday and said he's coming up today, maybe with the girls, but we're not counting on that. At 16 and 18 they have other things to do with their weekends, lol. It will be good to see him anyhow. I have to get him alone and have a talk with him about Don. Things are not getting any better, but worse. He's losing all strength in his legs, now he's even having trouble getting out of the power lift recliner to use the walker. He won't let me call 911 to take him to the hospital. Maybe Luke can get somewhere with him since I can't. I just feel helpless at this point.

@Pea-n-Me I don't know if Bells is just a local thing. I always used it in MA and I always use it in MD. I use it mostly for Thanksgiving, but also when I make a rotisserie or crock pot chicken, for egg salad, and for chicken salad., or ground chicken burgers.

Have a good day all.

1699106712213.png

@Pea-n-Me I don't know if Bells is just a local thing. I always used it in MA and I always use it in MD. I use it mostly for Thanksgiving, but also when I make a rotisserie or crock pot chicken, for egg salad, and for chicken salad., or ground chicken burgers.
I’m just going by things I’ve seen written on threads here about stuffing over the years. I had no idea! Most people from outside of New England despised Bell’s, if they’d even tried it. Being from MA, you probably grew up with it too, right?

https://www.patriotledger.com/story...9/11/23/bell-s-seasoning-made-in/40170661007/

1699109318014.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m just going by things I’ve seen written on threads here about stuffing over the years. I had no idea! Most people from outside of New England despised Bell’s, if they’d even tried it. Being from MA, you probably grew up with it too, right?

https://www.patriotledger.com/story...9/11/23/bell-s-seasoning-made-in/40170661007/

View attachment 807602
Definitely! My great grandmother used it all the time. She's the one who taught me to cook for the most part, so I have used it forever.

@PollyannaMom The glass fusion class sounds like fun.

@daxedx3 Nice to get a head start on Thanksgiving. My younger DS makes a stuffing with Challah bread, chicken sausage, and spices. So good. Older DS likes the pepperidge farm stuffing which is easy to make. I like to add celery, onions, and mushrooms to it but he won't eat it that way. I let him be in charge of his stuffing. He does make a good smoked turkey.

Good morning. It is warmer this morning, 45. The temps are supposed to be in the upper 50s. Good soccer playing weather. Yesterday I was at Kenny's and we did go to Chick Fil A for dinner. I just got a grilled chicken sandwich. I guess I am one of the few people who is not a fan of the fries. I like crispy fries and I find theirs to be too big and soggy.

Have a good day.
Have you tried the new Pimiento Chicken Sandwich? We had Chik a couple of nights ago, Thursday I think, and after I ate my Grilled Chicken Sandwich, I said to DD I'd forgotten the Pimiento one. She casually remarked that she had ordered it for herself! And that it was good.

I can understand her not considering that I might want to try it as the only thing I ever ask her to order for me is the grilled chicken club, but I need to try it before it's over.

Good cloudy morning. Sun is supposed to come out and be mid to upper 60's. Luke called yesterday and said he's coming up today, maybe with the girls, but we're not counting on that. At 16 and 18 they have other things to do with their weekends, lol. It will be good to see him anyhow. I have to get him alone and have a talk with him about Don. Things are not getting any better, but worse. He's losing all strength in his legs, now he's even having trouble getting out of the power lift recliner to use the walker. He won't let me call 911 to take him to the hospital. Maybe Luke can get somewhere with him since I can't. I just feel helpless at this point.

Have a good day all.

View attachment 807586
Do you find the stuffing mix or the seasoning mix in your area? I see that Weis Market has the seasoning mix near me, but I don't see the stuffing box.

Do you find the stuffing mix or the seasoning mix in your area? I see that Weis Market has the seasoning mix near me, but I don't see the stuffing box.
If you can’t find it in your area, they have it on Amazon - at various prices. I’m not sure what the regular price of it is in the supermarket these days. I’m sure I’ll find out soon, lol. So 2 for $13 delivered right to your home may not be too bad.

https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Seasoning-Stuffing-Mix-Bundle/dp/B0CJ9ZCCK8/ref=sr_1_1?crid=26FW8CPZJ7AOB&keywords=bell's+stuffing+mix&qid=1699123785&sprefix=Bell's+st,aps,121&sr=8-1

Lynn, you’re right. I should get the small container of Bell’s to use in other dishes. Probably could’ve used it last week when we made the turkey with dumplings. I think DH used regular poultry seasoning.

Btw, I’m glad for Summer that she’s not dealing with a cancer diagnosis, and I hope Don is feeling better, too! 🙏🏻

I am not a fan of Bell's seasoning. I know, crazy person from MA. We always had the pepperidge farm stuffing from the bag. I do like my DS's homemade one the best. He does not use Bell's.

Lynn I hope Don takes care of himself and gets the care he needs to get stronger. Thoughts and prayers to you.

I had a nice day with Jeff and the kids. The soccer game was fun to watch. Luke is a good goal tender. Then we went to the playground. Kenny called and tomorrow I am going to the Ecotarium with him and the kids. I now know that place well but I find something new each time I go. I like having a busy weekend. I am pretty sure next weekend will be a lonely one so I will take what I can get this weekend.

Have a good night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter