Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Good Morning everyone and thank you so much for your prayers:hug: to all.

AuntieMe3, how extra scary to be that close! That was right after my Grandpa died out of the blue. I definitely remember that time. Keeping you and your family in extra prayer now.

Last night was scary and quite loud, too (helicopters, at one point briefly firecrackers) Grace of God I did get some good sleep. Many prayers all is calmer today. So plain sad :(

I am not sure what this nation is coming to. I am so sad and depressed and scared this morning.

@flyingdumbo127 prayers for your safety. @AuntieMe3 prayers for you as well.

And now I ask for prayers. My son is in the Uniformed Branch of the Secret Service. Those are the ones surrounding the White House to protect it. The ones you see on the front lines with the protesters. This has me scared for his safety.

I am not sure what this nation is coming to. I am so sad and depressed and scared this morning.

And now I ask for prayers. My son is in the Uniformed Branch of the Secret Service. Those are the ones surrounding the White House to protect it. The ones you see on the front lines with the protesters. This has me scared for his safety.

Many many prayers sent to your son and his fellow officers :grouphug:

:grouphug: And prayers.

Praying for your son....:hug:

I want to bump this lovely thread back to page 1. Many prayers each of you is enjoying a peaceful Sunday. Thank God things are a million times calmer here than yesterday! I pray it continues and that all would strive to act in peace. Thank you all so much for your prayers. I sincerely appreciate them and each of you, too :)

Other Sunday things for which I am grateful:

Online Worship service celebrating Pentecost.
Talking with a good friend.
Being able to order some household items on Wal-Mart.com

I am so discouraged. I see the way "we" treat each other (people in general) and it hurts my heart. I often want to move out of this country, but now I hear there are similar protests in Germany? I saw some photos where the police officers looked like they were wearing English uniforms? So it's not just in the U.S? I pray for everyone involved. This is awful.

Before this even happened, DH and I discovered The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime. We didn't realize it was a sci-fi show (despite being based on a Philip K. Dick novel and produced by Ridley Scott...DUH! :rolleyes:) until the final episode of the first season. We thought it was just an uncomfortable "what if?" show about Germany and Japan having won WWII. We think it's really good.

I finished our Quarantine of 2020 Shutterfly book. Today was the last day for my "free book" coupon so I ended it there. We're starting to open up anyway. Today we also went to visit my FIL at the rehab hospital. We had to stay outside and they brought him to the "day room" window. The glass is too thick and we can't talk through it; he hates his cell phone and refused to learn to use it, so we can't talk to him that way. But at least he got to see Josh - that always seems to brighten his spirits.

Appetizers - I could and would prefer to make a meal of appetizers! Nachos, wings, potato skins, fried pickles, shrimp cocktail...you name it, I love it!

Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts. Just heard from DS. His work shift is 5 am - 1 pm and he gets there at 4:30 am. At about 7:40 pm he texted that he was leaving for home. I didn't quiz him and was just glad he was ok.

I had finally gotten over the anxiety about the virus and now this. I know that my worry is just a small part of the bigger problem but it is still my anxiety.

I think we need a question to get back to the reason for this thread.

Question of the day May 31: Did you name your first or any subsequent cars?
My first car was named Pretzel because it was brown and in the winter it was covered with salt. The car I had before my current one was DeJa. It was a Saturn Vue, therefore DeJa Vue. My current car hasn't really struck me for a name so it's DeJa Two.

Gratitudes:
Son's safety
My caring friends here
Reading a new book on my iPad on the porch. I haven't read on it before but ran out of books.

Hi All,

I'm keeping everyone on this thread and our country in my prayers and thoughts. To love this country and the people it's heartbreaking to watch all going on. One of the favorite shirts I have is the bible verse of something my Granny said my entire life until she past: "We need to love each other more." I also have another shirt that "kindness if contagious..spread it around" and in this time we need that more so now.

My Matt and I have had a great weekend. It was beautiful and great weather and I was out the door like someone on escape. We had a great day out at the campgrounds yesterday with some friends and their kids. They have been taking all of this serious and doing social distance as well. We stayed around the camp fire and picnic tables and just talked and laughed and played some songs and sang along. It was what my heart needed. Today we had online church and prayer service and then in the car and zoomed out with sunroof open. We actually went out to a restaurant and had lunch out on the patio. One of my favorite chain restaurants is Chuyy's Tex Mex based out of Texas and they have one about 35 miles north of here. We had some great drinks and lunch and then walked around the big shopping center enjoying the sunshine. It was pretty normal besides wearing our masks. We stopped in a Bath and Body Works opening this afternoon and I picked up 10 mini bottles hand sanitizer and more hand soaps for the bathrooms here at home. We stopped at a favorite brewery on way home and they had built a patio so I had water and Matt had a beer while we played corn hole with another couple and just relaxed but still wearing masks where needed. The best we can do is try to accommodate all going on and be careful. I know we won't be going out for another week or more and Matt's back at work tomorrow through the week. It was just nice to feel almost normal besides not near any people and walking certain directions and constantly washing hands or using sanitizer.

Gratitude:
Beautiful weather
Still enjoying spending time with my Matt after all these years AND these months together of so much together ness
Chuy's Tres Leche cake

I'm keeping all in my prayers. With all we have going on keep spreading kindness. We all need it.

Question of the day May 31: Did you name your first or any subsequent cars? Thank you @Breezy_Carol

My first car was Grandpa because it was my Grandpa's car that I inherited. It was 88 Oldsmobile. My car in college was Duck because it was held together with Duct Tape. The first car I bought and paid for myself was Zippy because I was zooming around in the cute Saturn Ion. I had Pearl because my Mazda CX7 was "hippie" and semi round and glossy white. Now I have a Subaru Outback and I call it the Wagon because I know it's just fancy station wagon. I didn't think I'd ever own one but I love it.

Praise God, your son is safe, Breezy Carol, thank you for letting us know. Thanks for bringing us tonight's question, as well.

Good to see you Tina. I am so glad you and Matt had some fun :) I'd love either of those T shirts you mentioned! Many years ago I had a T shirt that said "Arms are for hugging." It showed two cartoony kids embracing :) ETA my first car I also inherited from my Grandpa! It was a White Chevy Nova. I loved that car because it was Grandpa's and regretted selling it years later and for not much money (it was older and needed expensive work) but still...the sentimental attachment :)

I'm not sure I ever did name any of my cars. My Dad got a new car last year and we named it Fun Fit--it's a Honda Fit. My second car was my Grandma's red corolla. This was harder to take over in a different way because Grandma's dementia was becoming more pronounced and so it was not safe for her to be driving any longer. I do wish we had made another choice (although it did make her happy and me as well to keep the car in the family) about that. A fun memory of this car was I decorated it as Santa's sleigh for Trunk or Treat and I remember being told how I had to always do that because the car was red. My current car I got almost 4 years ago, a white Versa :)

Last edited:
I am so discouraged. I see the way "we" treat each other (people in general) and it hurts my heart. I often want to move out of this country, but now I hear there are similar protests in Germany? I saw some photos where the police officers looked like they were wearing English uniforms? So it's not just in the U.S? I pray for everyone involved. This is awful.

Before this even happened, DH and I discovered The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime. We didn't realize it was a sci-fi show (despite being based on a Philip K. Dick novel and produced by Ridley Scott...DUH! :rolleyes:) until the final episode of the first season. We thought it was just an uncomfortable "what if?" show about Germany and Japan having won WWII. We think it's really good.

I finished our Quarantine of 2020 Shutterfly book. Today was the last day for my "free book" coupon so I ended it there. We're starting to open up anyway. Today we also went to visit my FIL at the rehab hospital. We had to stay outside and they brought him to the "day room" window. The glass is too thick and we can't talk through it; he hates his cell phone and refused to learn to use it, so we can't talk to him that way. But at least he got to see Josh - that always seems to brighten his spirits.

Appetizers - I could and would prefer to make a meal of appetizers! Nachos, wings, potato skins, fried pickles, shrimp cocktail...you name it, I love it!
Two recent alternative history shows on cable recently that I enjoyed: " The Plot Against America" has Charles Lindbergh running for President (and winning) while backed by German American bunds under the rule of Nazi Germany. The story is told through the eyes of members of a Jewish American family. Solid acting by the ensemble cast, and cinematography that mimics the period. The other show is called "Watchmen" and the KKK is hunted by lawmen with a science fiction overlay.

I'll look for "Man in the Castle" and watch it as long as it's during one of those free introductory showings on Amazon Prime; I'm already paying too much for TV;).

Beautiful day but we decided to stay in and re watch "Lonesome Dove". It's a mini series that has aged well. Out of the blue decided to make a hot breakfast which is something that rarely happens here.
Soft scrambled eggs with bulk sausage patties, collard greens, and onions topped with some leftover Welsh rarebit. A side of home fries and a pitcher of Bloody Mary. Truth be known we were still a bit sluggish from the meal so we opted for a dinner of chicken broth with vegetables added.

Sorry, @Breezy_Carol I've never owned a car but my mother had a yellow Fiat sedan she called "Queen Bee". Bought it after all her children had left home so still no driving license for me, LOL. Grandmother had a silver Datsun 280Z that was the envy of all her grand and great grandsons who vied for her favor by doing chores in her garden, LOL. I still giggle over the look on the faces of my sons opening her compost heap garbage can to turn worms into it. No, neither of mine "won" the prize. Went to her only grandson who's wife forbade him from driving it :lmao: . I've no idea what she named the car since after one ride with her at the wheel I was convinced life was too short to do it again. True speed demon with a silver pantsuit and bejeweled mules to match the car's paint job. Of course her hair was also silver (really snow white) but that was her natural colour. She was quite the looker in and out of her ride.

@lovemygoofy - I envy you your visit to a campground!

When DD was in high school we bought a used 1996 green Ford Taurus for her to drive to school, then DS drove it to HS, then it went to college with DD, then DS. Every 2 years it switched hands and they fought over it in the summer. But I digress, because of the body shape it some of resembled a space vehicle so it was named the space pod by them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter