Quantum & Anthem ! Who's going .....

mickey2000

Pin trader
A thread for all those who are excited ! PS I still like Disney LOL !!

Last edited:
I'm in!

Doing a 14 day Mediterranean Cruise on the Anthem on June 20th of this year!!!

Cheers!

Ed

Already did quantum on jan 3. loved it. a lot.

Scheduled for anthem dec 12. really looking forward to it after our great experience on quantum. :)

We are doing Anthem over New Years next year. Hoping for calm seas out of New York, but can't wait!

Just booked Anthem for February 2017. It's a long way to go but we're still excited! :banana:

I booked a 12-night cruise on the Anthem for March (this will be my first RCL cruise). I prefer DCL but after comparing the cost of the RCL 12-night verses a DCL 7-night I jumped on the RCL cruise because it was less expensive. Another big factor for my decision is that my friends are also on the same cruise and I always enjoy hanging out with them.

Last edited:
We're doing 3 nights on the Anthem at the end of August from Southampton.

Any useful things to know from those that have already been on either ship?

I'm booked for Anthem's June 2nd cruise. A little pre-sail time in NY before sailing out of Bayonne for a wonderful 9 days of cruising. Can't wait to go to Maho beach and watch airplanes land up close and personal. No I will not be one of the fools hanging on the fence, I'm blonde, but not dumb.

we've recently booked the Anthem WBTA from Southampton UK to NYC. First time on this ship but was too good a bargain to miss as it's 8 sea days to make the most of the ship and all she has to offer.

Are Quantum & Anthem kids friendly ? I have not may experience for cruise. I did DCL Dream last may and Fantasy up coming Aug. I have 14 & 11yrs boys. and heard rock climbing, surfing, and Ice rink ? in the ship ? really ?

How about dining ? all include like DCL ? Ice cream bar ?.....

Please tell us your experience. Thank you for your help

While I haven't been on Quantum or Anthem yet, I can speak to your question. Yes, Royal Caribbean is very kid friendly, especially for 14 and 11 year old boys. I am not sure if the Quantum class has an ice rink (other boats do), but in addition to what you mentioned, the Quantum classes have bumper cars and iFly skydiving simulator. We have done many Disney cruises and loved them, but now enjoy Royal Caribeean just as much (but half the cost).

We have a deposit on an Anthem New England/Canada sailing in 10/2016....we will either do that trip or go to Disneyland Paris for the first run disney event.

Are Quantum & Anthem kids friendly ? I have not may experience for cruise. I did DCL Dream last may and Fantasy up coming Aug. I have 14 & 11yrs boys. and heard rock climbing, surfing, and Ice rink ? in the ship ? really ?

How about dining ? all include like DCL ? Ice cream bar ?.....

Please tell us your experience. Thank you for your help

no ice rink on quantum/anthem (though other royal ships, like freedom-class ships, do have them). in addition to the other items mentioned by you and drb116, royal also has kids and teen clubs, quantum and anthem have an x-box lounge in the seaplex that offers x-box video games, flying trapeze lessons, and quantum has the dreamworks experience with characters like disney (anthem does not currently have dreamworks, but may get it at a later time). anthem also has a puzzle room, where you are placed in a room and have to solve puzzles and find clues to get out, kind of like being in a live strategy-based video game.

fwiw, quantum is now sailing out of china, so if you are looking for a US-based cruise on a quantum class ship, anthem out of nj is your only choice for now.

like disney, there are a number of included dining rooms, cafes, and buffets, as well as upcharge specialty restaurants akin to remy or palo. kids can go in the upcharge restaurants on royal, though, which they can't on disney, and i think the kids' price is cheaper for those. no ice cream bars like the mickey bars, but there are soft-serve machines, and ice cream is usually available in the dining room for dessert.

Thank you for all the info. Sounds like lot of fun.! one thing....quantum class/ anthem class/ freedom class ......how many ships are there ? like DCL every body highly recommend fantasy or dream.
Which one do you recommend with family has 2 boys ? we don't want to go Asia cruise. prefer less than 7days and south island.

thank you

Does the puzzle room cost? I can't see it to book on the booking options on the website...

Does the puzzle room cost? I can't see it to book on the booking options on the website...

no cost, and as of now, you have to sign up onboard. it's new, so they may offer online sign-up at some time in the future, but for now you do it on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter