QS options walkable from YC?

jodeeb

Mouseketeer
We are arriving at MCO around 6:30pm. We are staying at the Yacht Club and are taking DME from the airport. We figure we will not be at our hotel until at least after 8:00. We would like to use a QS to eat that night if possible. Looking for burgers or something. Any options? I didn't see much but some sandwich selections at the QS Beach Market Place at YC and was hoping to find burgers or something more substantial.

I thought I read somewhere that Beaches and Cream has a walk up window for QS, but I cant find it on the AP. If there is a Beaches and Cream walk up window is the menu the same as the TS part?

We are on the DDP so we would not mind a TS Restaurant, but didn't want to make reservations in advance since we are not sure when we will arrive, we didn't want to make reservations.

Does anyone have advise on where to eat that first night? We don't have Park tickets for that night.

Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

I'd probably either make a dining reservation late enough that I have a cushion in case I'm running late, or get a bus to Disney Springs, which has many fast food options.

Any of the options at Boardwalk would work. There's a pizza window and Boardwalk Bakery. ESPN or Big River Grill are both places where you could get burgers/sandwiches/apps without needing an ADR.

Boardwalk Bakery was very good. Im not sure what time Hurricane Hannas closes. They have burgers and was pretty good with a wide range of drinks to use you alcoholic drink on. Also, the market place in YC was pretty good.

We have eaten at Big River Grill several times and were not disappointed. If the weather is nice, its even better sitting outside.
Have not tried the pizza window.
The bakery has good food.
The Beachclub marketplace is another QS option and open late.

We had a poor experience with Magical Express on our trip to Yacht Club in February. It stopped at POP, Art of Animation, and Caribbean Beach before dropping us off last at Yacht Club. Our flight landed at 8pm and we weren't at the resort until 11pm (where we got a filthy room, but that's another issue; they did move us to another much cleaner room).

To answer your question, you won't be able to order food at Beaches. The walk up counter is only for ice cream. ADR very highly recommended.

If you lower your standards, the Markets in both Yacht and Beach Club have unremarkable grab-and-go sandwiches and salads. In-room dining is also an option, and is quite delicious (just very pricey). Ale and Compass will usually have availability, even for walk-ups, but it's table service.

Honestly your options open way up if you consider paying out of pocket or doing table service after seeing what's available in the Epcot Resort Area (YC, BC, BW, Swan, Dolphin) when you get to the resort.

I thought I read somewhere that Beaches and Cream has a walk up window for QS, but I cant find it on the AP. If there is a Beaches and Cream walk up window is the menu the same as the TS part?

The Beaches and Cream walk up window is for ice cream / desserts only. They do not offer any hot food items to go. It is definitely not the same menu at all, and the ice cream offerings are scaled down as well.

You may be able to get a walk up at B&C, but be prepared the wait as there is usually a wait, especially after Epcot closes.

There is a place called The Fountain, it's similar as in burgers, fries, shakes, ice cream. That is over at the Dolphin.

There is QS at Beach Club, there is Boardwalk Bakery, and there is something at YachtClub that reopened recently, not sure what their food options are.

The Boardwalk has nice TS options where you probably don’t need an ADR like Trattoria Del Forno, ESPN or Big River Grill. There’s a stand where you can get stuff like burgers and dogs called the To-Go Cart at the Boardwalk. Or as mentioned by PP, there’s a pizza take-out spot with outdoor tables. May not be the best pizza, but it will hit the spot.

The Boardwalk is a lovely place to visit, and it’s right there in easy walking distance of the YC. Take advantage and enjoy it. :)

We are arriving at MCO around 6:30pm. We are staying at the Yacht Club and are taking DME from the airport. We figure we will not be at our hotel until at least after 8:00. We would like to use a QS to eat that night if possible. Looking for burgers or something. Any options? I didn't see much but some sandwich selections at the QS Beach Market Place at YC and was hoping to find burgers or something more substantial.

We are on the DDP so we would not mind a TS Restaurant
, but didn't want to make reservations in advance since we are not sure when we will arrive, we didn't want to make reservations.

Does anyone have advise on where to eat that first night? We don't have Park tickets for that night.

Thank you!

Ale & Compass has a nice looking menu. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass/menus/dinner/
I have not eaten there since the refurb, but it looks delish. I really think you could walk up there, rather than need an ADR, if you get there in time. They seat until 9PM, you don't have to be done by 9. As mentioned by others, Big River Grill and ESPN don't need ADRs. Enjoy.

We are on the DDP so we would not mind a TS Restaurant, but didn't want to make reservations in advance since we are not sure when we will arrive, we didn't want to make reservations.

Thank you!

If you’re not too tired after a day of travel, Disney springs would be a great option! Plenty of options and would also give you something fun to do your first night.

Boardwalk has a couple of food stands/walk up pizza window if you wanted to stay close to the hotel. (We loved the ice cream place at the boardwalk! They do ice cream flights so you can try multiple flavors)

We really liked the two or three meals we had at the Ale and Compass lounge at YC in 2015 - no ADRs accepted. We thought the food was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter