• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

QS in boardwalk area or skyliner

disney144

Mouseketeer
We wanted to take the sky liner this trip, so looking to take it from HS to boardwalk area (or possibly riviera) for dinner one night. What QS would you recommend in that area? No deli sandwiches unless they are warm (pregnant).

We’d also be open to a lounge if they have enough food options, or a less expensive table service if reservations are easy to get…we’re late to planning.

I've gone over to Primo Plato-I like their Croque Monsieur and the vegetable skewer.

I'd take the skyliner to Epcot and head to Beaches and Cream. While a tough ressie to get sometimes, I've noticed a lot of ressies popping up a few days before. It's super affordable relatively speaking for WDW and good location for what you are trying to do.

If ressies can't be found the new boardwalk bakery revamp has more substantial lunch options. They have a good amount of tables on the boardwalk so a nice spot to relax and people watch

QS in the boardwalk area is limited. I like the QS at both the Riviera and Caribbean Beach though. Or if you have park hoppers, Epcot has more options.

Also--I love the skyliner. Try to ride it over to Pop/Art of Animation. It's fun how it comes in over the water.

I've gone over to Primo Plato-I like their Croque Monsieur and the vegetable skewer.

I had the Vegetable Skewer our arrival night. I added grilled chicken. It was delicious. I might have to go back again before we leave :)

As much as I love the Disney owned Crescent Lake resorts, their QS options are quite lacking. The options at Yacht and Beach are pretty limited, and Boardwalk is limited to the new deli or the pizza window and I believe there is a snack cart (hot dogs, etc).

I haven't eaten there, but have heard good things about the Fountain at the Dolphin hotel and you don't need reservations. As the previous poster mentioned Beaches and Cream is pretty good and affordable. It can also be a tough ADR to get, but they do pop up from time to time. My son managed to snag one right before his trip in Aug after trying for weeks.

Expanding on from that area, Riviera and Caribbean Beach both have QS options. I don't know much about CB, but I've heard good things about Riv QS.

Primo Piatto at Riviera is my favourite QS on the Skyliner. But if you have the option of going into Epcot, there’s a lovely French bakery and may be some festival eats available (depending on when you go).

QS in the boardwalk area is limited. I like the QS at both the Riviera and Caribbean Beach though. Or if you have park hoppers, Epcot has more options.
I’ve done Centertown Market at Caribbean Beach plenty of times. Worth the walk over from skyliner.

I had the Vegetable Skewer our arrival night. I added grilled chicken. It was delicious. I might have to go back again before we leave :)
I didn't notice that you could add the grilled chicken. Can you do that via mobile order?

Although not QS, I will mention Big River Grille & Brewing on the Boardwalk. It qualifies as "less expensive" table service - check the menu to see if it has anything you'd be interested in. I don't believe that they have reservations through the Disney app but I think that you can call; they also have availability for walk-up a lot of the time. This restaurant is an easy walk from the skyliner. You can also take a boat (or longer walk) to Swan/Dolphin for some other options as mentioned earlier. Sounds like lots of great recommendations on this thread and we will look to expand our QS eating options on our next trip!

I didn't notice that you could add the grilled chicken. Can you do that via mobile order?

Sorry don't know. This trip we did not use mobile order once.

I just went to try to put order in - I see where I can add smart water - I see where it says what is included - onions, pepper, mushroom, zucchini. Don't see anything about adding chicken - if I remember I will post picture tomorrow of my phone "order". Packing up - we leave tomorrow morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter