QS Exchange for snack credits at FWF

Sunshine1987

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard whether Disney will officially be allowing guests to use a quick service for three snack credits at the Food and Wine Festival this year? I have heard mixed opinions!

Thanks!

Has anyone heard whether Disney will officially be allowing guests to use a quick service for three snack credits at the Food and Wine Festival this year? I have heard mixed opinions!

Thanks!

Disney has never OFFICIALLY allowed this; it's just been a practice. It was definitely more widely done when Disney wrote in the substitution clause for drink/dessert portions of the QS meal. Since QS meal went to only entrée/drink and Disney removed that clause, it's not been found to be as easy. Thus the mixed opinions. Until the booths open and people try to do it and report back, we just won't know. And even then, some booths might, some booths won't. A booth may do it one day and not the next. This is NOT an official use of a QS credit, so they don't really have to be consistent.

Thanks for the info! Definitely didn't realize Disney does not condone this! I certainly am not trying to get away with doing something that is not allowed. I may ask politely if it is allowed if I am at a kiosk but I will not expect it and certainly would never demand it. I just heard that it was an option on a Disney related podcast. But then I saw a facebook post stating it was not available to do at the kiosks only at certain other locations (like gift shops, etc) so that is why posted the question.

I do know the cast member at the Contemporary gift shop happily allowed my mother in law to trade her last QS for three snacks last Christmas. She was friendly and helpful so I thought this was an acceptable practice. But I guess not!! :scared:

Thanks for the info! Definitely didn't realize Disney does not condone this! I certainly am not trying to get away with doing something that is not allowed. I may ask politely if it is allowed if I am at a kiosk but I will not expect it and certainly would never demand it. I just heard that it was an option on a Disney related podcast. But then I saw a facebook post stating it was not available to do at the kiosks only at certain other locations (like gift shops, etc) so that is why posted the question.

I do know the cast member at the Contemporary gift shop happily allowed my mother in law to trade her last QS for three snacks last Christmas. She was friendly and helpful so I thought this was an acceptable practice. But I guess not!! :scared:

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing you of getting away with something. It's not that Disney doesn't condone it; they've just never said anything about it one way or another. I would love to know how the exchange got started in the first place! It has been common practice at the resorts for YEARS, as in 10-15 years at least. The only reason it became widely done was the written substitution policy that was only in effect for about a year and a half.

It is still very much an acceptable practice at the resorts. Perhaps the reason for this is the cost of the dining plan to Disney comes out of the resort's bottom line. They want you to purchase the dining plan and stay at their resort, so it is definitely in their own interest to help you use it, so you'll buy it again.

They usually do....but last year Italy wouldn't...did in Canada.....New Zealand...but Italy wouldn't. Between me and my wife, we'll have 6 QS meals to convert. Hope they don't mess with it. Online with WDW now and they said all 35 Kiosks will convert 1 QS meal into 3 snacks. They sent the link to the Global Marketplace page but it wasnt specific.

You will probably end up having to ask at each booth. Because some will and some won't, and sometimes it may depend entirely on who is running the register. No matter what a Disney rep tells you online.

@2hapykdz
In other words, the phone CM was reading the non-specific page and interpreting it to give you the answer they knew you wanted so you could "have a magical day." They don't know any more than we do. Hopefully someone will attend and attempt an exchange in that first week and report back.

Thanks! Good info. It's worth a try. Just trying to weigh if we should get the quick service dining plan or not! :)

Thanks! Good info. It's worth a try. Just trying to weigh if we should get the quick service dining plan or not! :)

If being able to exchange 1 QS for 3 snacks is a determining factor, remember, that QS credit is "worth" about $19. It's not impossible for 3 snacks to add up to that, but you would have to be very selective in using it that way IF it is allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter