• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

QS: do any places have CMs guarding table areas?

Boopuff

DIS Veteran
i Remember awhile ago at certain QS places, CMs wouldn’t let you sit until you had food, and no saving tables. Does that still hold true?if so which places. I’ve read crazy table wars at some of the restaurants

Went in August and November.
CM's were not guarding tables.
At some restaurants at peak time like Cosmic Ray's there was a CM at the door that you had to show that your mobile order was ready.
At other restaurants like Back Lot Express there wasn't a CM any of the times I at lunch there.
Nice thing is that if you do have to show a mobile order then at least you know when you walk in you won't have too hard of a time finding a seat compared to the free for all it used to be.

Pecos Bills is one that has someone policing tables most often.
Satuli Canteen seems to sometimes, but not others. Especially outside seating.

Pecos Bills is one that has someone policing tables most often.
Satuli Canteen seems to sometimes, but not others. Especially outside seating.
Satu'Li would not let you inside without a Mobile order, but could sit in the outdoor area when we were there.
They were not letting anyone in without Mobile ordering. There was no in person ordering. Maybe that has changed now. Saw several turned away as they didn't have a smartphone to use to order.

Satu'Li would not let you inside without a Mobile order, but could sit in the outdoor area when we were there.
They were not letting anyone in without Mobile ordering. There was no in person ordering. Maybe that has changed now. Saw several turned away as they didn't have a smartphone to use to order.

How long ago was that? They were taking orders in person mid-December. They had one register open.

I often wonder how much is staffing, too. Back early in the reopening, they also blocked off the outdoor tables at Satuli for those with food. I haven't seen them do that in nearly a year, I guess. Backlot Express also kept people from accessing any tables (in or out) back in the fall but mid-December, it was free range inside and outside (with several registers open inside). But Regal Eagle is still making people wait for their order to be ready or the line inside to go down before coming in. Anyone can snag and camp out at a table at Sunshine Seasons now but it wasn't like that early on.

It's not consistent at all, and wouldn't be surprised if it changed day to day depending on how many CM's they have scheduled.

(I haven't run across a single CS spot lately that doesn't let you order in person. Even Woody's had a register open a week ago)

they also blocked off the outdoor tables at Satuli for those with food. I haven't seen them do that in nearly a year, I guess. Backlot Express also kept people from accessing any tables (in or out) back in the fall but mid-December, it was free range inside and outside (with several registers open inside).

You know, I hadn't thought about that. Backlot Express, the outdoor tables were just open. We grabbed one before we'd ordered anything, and we ordered in person. There was no one there asking if we'd ordered or anything.

But with Satuli, even the outdoor tables were guarded and we had to show our mobile order to access them.

When I was at the parks in December (MK, HS, and Epcot) most/all of the QS places had registers open for ordering so you didn't need a mobile order before entering. Seems like maybe Cosmic Rays had someone checking orders, but that was about it

We had an unsatisfying experience at Woody's a couple of months ago. They had a huge line for in-person ordering and about 3/4 of the tables were occupied by people who didn't have their food yet. We commented on this to a cast member and she said anyone who said someone in their group was in the ordering line was welcome to sit at a table. Loved the grilled cheese (had to eat it standing up), but won't be going back until they institute a more reasonable policy.

They were taking orders inside in mid October.

Was there for MLK weekend and Woody's had CM's checking mobile orders at both the entrance and exit. It was hard enough to find a table with a mobile order, so I appreciated that.

We went in Mid-October, and I don't remember anyone monitoring tables or anyone checking to see if you had a mobile order to enter anywhere. In fact, we are the kind of people that have 3 people save a table while the rest are in-line ordering...

I think I was just unlucky, but mobile ordering failed 3 times for me, for 3 different reasons, so we gave up on that ridiculousness, and just started doing in-line ordering, and everywhere we went was accommodating for that.

They were taking orders inside in mid October.
We were there in mid October. Standing outside waiting for our order to be ready. Watched the CM turn multiple people away because "they were mobile order only".
Maybe on a different day, with a different CM there, the rules were different. Honestly, I was shocked to see them turn people away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter