Q for anyone who has stayed at the Boulder Ridge Villas

jsternad

Mouseketeer
It looks like on the map it's quite a hike from the BRV to the boat dock - I will be traveling with my mom who is 75 and I don't want her worn out before we even get to the parks lol. I've stayed at WL before and I thought the walk was fine from the main resort, but the BRV is in a separate building further away from the boat dock. Just wondering if it's that much more of a walk before I rent points for that resort.

TIA!

Have not stayed there, bit I have dined at the main lodge building, and even that was a pretty decent hike from the boat dock. If that would wear her out, what about all day in the parks? Have you considered a wheelchaor or scooter rental. My Mom, after breaking her hip, did fine at home, and shopping, and so forth, but absolutely had to have a wheelchair for the parks.

Last edited:
It looks like on the map it's quite a hike from the BRV to the boat dock - I will be traveling with my mom who is 75 and I don't want her worn out before we even get to the parks lol. I've stayed at WL before and I thought the walk was fine from the main resort, but the BRV is in a separate building further away from the boat dock. Just wondering if it's that much more of a walk before I rent points for that resort.

TIA!
Wilderness Lodge, including Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge is probably the smallest resort on Disney property. Nothing is a far walk from anything else. In fact, we find it hard to even take a walk when staying there. There's nowhere to go!

I’d say the walk from the farther est room at BRV to the main part of WL is no more than an extra 5 minutes.

So, I’d say it’s maybe a 10 minutes walk going slow.

Have not stayed there, bit U have dined at the main lodge building, and even that was a pretty decent hike from the boat dock. If that would wear her out, what about all day in the parks? Have you considered a wheelchaor or scooter rental. My Mom, after breaking her hip, did fine at home, and shopping, and so forth, but absolutely had to have a wheelchair for the parks.
Yes, we will for sure be renting her a scooter. She can definitely do some walking, but we won't have a stroller this time and I want somewhere to put/hold our stuff lol!

We usually exit through the back entrance at BRV (leads to the pool) and go past Geyser Point to reach the boat dock. I’ve never timed it and don’t know the actual distance, but I’d estimate 10 minutes or so.

Not counting having a room all the way at the far end of the Boulder Ridge building, the walk to the boats isn't really that much farther than from the main lodge. There's a back entrance from the building, past the Boulder Ridge pool, and Geyser Point, then a boardwalk that goes between the main pool and the geyser, right to the boats. If you were coming out of the main building, had to walk down the long ramp towards Roaring Forks, out the door, past the pool, then onto the boardwalk to the boats, it's probably within 100 feet or so of the distance coming from Boulder Ridge. Key would be to request a room in Boulder Ridge closer to the elevators, to save a little walking down the long halls.

We were in a room at the far end of BRV, first floor. I never felt like the walk was THAT long to the boat. Like others said, we'd go through the back door by the pool and head toward the boat launch. It's honestly a really nice, peaceful walk. I'd say the difference from there to docks or the main building and the docks couldn't have been more than 5 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter