Putting Podcast on a CD

vellamint

DIS Veteran
Okay, Okay - I am guilty of wanting to keep the episode when my question was answered. lol.

I cant get it to a cd? I am using Itunes and tried to burn the cd and it states that it cant be played back....am I doing something wrong? I really want this saved for posterity (sp?).

Any help would be appreciated.

you need to make sure that the file you are trying to burn is in wav format. if it is in mp3 or some other format, it won't playback on a regular cd player. when you download an episode off itunes, it's in mp3 format. to switch it to wav using itunes, do the following:
click on Edit at the top left of itunes.
go down to preferences.
click on the tab that says Advanced.
click on the tab that says Importing.
where it says Import Using: click on it and scroll down to WAV Encoder.
click Ok at the bottom.
right click on the episode that's in your podcasts area of itunes.
scroll down to where it says Convert Selection to WAV.
it will convert the file to a WAV file (this will take a few minutes).
the new wav file will show up in your library below the mp3 file (they should still have the same name).
now that the file is in wav format, you should be able to burn it to CD and have it play in any CD player. I hope this helps.

That's not the way it works on my iTunes. The pod cast is a MP3 but you need a "audio" format to listen on a regular CD player. When I record the DIS for my DW on CD, iTunes converts it to the audio format that she needs for her car.

I bet that your iTunes preferences are set wrong. Click in the edit>preferences>advanced>burning tabs. Disc format should be "audio CD". Click OK and you should be all set. :thumbsup2

Thanks to both of you....sadly my kids (GRRR) have used up all our CD-R's & RW's so I need to get to the store before I can try your suggestions....

I was wondering about this for our trip down to Disney for in the car. I don't have an Ipod hookup. Thought it would be great to entain up in the car.

I was wondering about this for our trip down to Disney for in the car. I don't have an Ipod hookup. Thought it would be great to entain up in the car.

Do you have a cassette tape player in the car? For longer trips you can get a cassette adapter that plays your ipod thru your cassette player. If you don't have a cassette player, there is a adapter that plays your ipod thru your radio.

I bought the ipod car adapter and it has been worth its weight in gold. I have the Monster brand one (great products) and it charges and broadcasts at the same time. I use it every day, and I can't tell you what a difference it makes on long distance drives. I listen to podcasts every morning on the way to work, or an audio book. It's so nice not to have to use CDs in the car!:)

Do you have a cassette tape player in the car? For longer trips you can get a cassette adapter that plays your ipod thru your cassette player. If you don't have a cassette player, there is a adapter that plays your ipod thru your radio.

:sad1: nope when I bought my car I thought I don't own any tapes......:headache:

I bought the ipod car adapter and it has been worth its weight in gold. I have the Monster brand one (great products) and it charges and broadcasts at the same time. I use it every day, and I can't tell you what a difference it makes on long distance drives. I listen to podcasts every morning on the way to work, or an audio book. It's so nice not to have to use CDs in the car!:)

The one I bought never works.....it is so staticy do you have that problem?

The one I bought never works.....it is so staticy do you have that problem?
What kind did you buy? Also what kind of car do you have? There are many inexpensive iPod integration kits that don't involve using an FM transmitter. I added one to our Dodge Caravan for our drive to WDW this summer.

What kind did you buy? Also what kind of car do you have? There are many inexpensive iPod integration kits that don't involve using an FM transmitter. I added one to our Dodge Caravan for our drive to WDW this summer.

Really? What kind?? Where?? :woohoo:

I have a Kia Sedona minivan.......what do I need to look for?

Really? What kind?? Where?? :woohoo:

I have a Kia Sedona minivan.......what do I need to look for?
I did some searching and it looks like Kia might be coming out with something for new Sedona's but there aren't any aftermarket units. I bought and iPod2Car but it doesn't support the stereo in Kia's. Sorry about getting your hopes up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter