Put a deposit on a cruise...what do I need to do now?

OhioStateBuckeye

DIS Veteran
So this is my first cruise. I read that I can only book port excursions at 75 days out. Are there any other dates or anything else I need to be worried about now?

You might want to consider prepaying your tips, booking transportation if you need a shuttle. We also like buying water and beer ahead of time and we always buy DD a ship figurine ahead of time it's a fun gift to be waiting in the room when we board. Doing all this eliminates any onboard expenses unless we shop. Another thing we do is request a private table for dinner. All of the above can be done before the 75 day mark.

Between now and your PIF date, read these boards, they are full of great and useful info and tips from some very experienced cruisers that gladly answer any question you might have.

Or do what I did, I searched for DCL Merch and estimated the price and how many souvenirs I would buy. I bought Discounted Disney Gift Cards and applied it as On Board Credit. I also added up all the excursions, gratuities, fine dining and applied those to the Gift Card. By the end of the last night I still had about $100 on my account, which I used for souvenirs for friends.

You start saving like a madman. Save what you think you are going to need...

and then keep saving WAY more.

Log onto BJ's and purchase gift cards, a $100 card costs $94.99 and no shipping charges and you don't have to be a member. so that is the total cost and savings. You can order as many as you want, they can be used to pay your cruise payment or any portion of it, they also can be used on the ship, just go to the service desk and apply them to your account. at $5 savings per card, I told my wife she could use the extra for coffee at the Cove :love1:. Like others have said, go to the many sites and plan. Even thou we've been on 5 cruises I've purchased a Disney Cruise book. My wife says by the time the cruise comes I'll know everything about the Dream and the book will be falling apart. Enjoy

Or do what I did, I searched for DCL Merch and estimated the price and how many souvenirs I would buy. I bought Discounted Disney Gift Cards and applied it as On Board Credit. I also added up all the excursions, gratuities, fine dining and applied those to the Gift Card. By the end of the last night I still had about $100 on my account, which I used for souvenirs for friends.

I did the same thing and paid for our port excursions ($400+!!)

@dad of 3 addicted to DCL it's a lot less stressful! I had an idea of what I was going to spend. I kept all my receipts and at the end of each night added them to see how much I had left. I did all the shopping for souvenirs that I already had planned for on the first night (things tend to sell out quickly). At the end of the last night I went down to Guest Services and they actually owed me money. Lol

Log onto BJ's and purchase gift cards, a $100 card costs $94.99 and no shipping charges and you don't have to be a member. so that is the total cost and savings. You can order as many as you want, they can be used to pay your cruise payment or any portion of it, they also can be used on the ship, just go to the service desk and apply them to your account. at $5 savings per card, I told my wife she could use the extra for coffee at the Cove :love1:. Like others have said, go to the many sites and plan. Even thou we've been on 5 cruises I've purchased a Disney Cruise book. My wife says by the time the cruise comes I'll know everything about the Dream and the book will be falling apart. Enjoy

This is great advice! I hope they'll ship free to Hawaii...that can be a problem sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter