Pushy sales people at westgate

ibcrazie4dizney

Mouseketeer
I was thinking about something pete said a few weeks ago on a podcast. he was talking about how pushy the sales people can be at westgate. almost 20 years ago, me and my husband were pushed into buying our timeshare in atlantic city. my husband is still mad, but i make the best of it and travel to disney when i can. anyway, we have exchanged through interval international and westgate is one i feel comfortable staying at. the first time me and my husband went there, they took our photo and scheduled a complimentary breakfast for us to pick it up, well, this turned into a hostage situation! they told us we would only have to be there for a short time, they lied. i was actually starting to feel alittle scared at one point when one of the main sales people stepped in. my husband was really mad and we did not purchase anything. in the meantime, i still go to westgate, usually without my husband, he is not a disney fan????, but my daughter will go with me. upon check in, you get delivered to a sales person and i quickly let them know that my husband is not on the trip with me. this seems to deter them immediately since both spouses are needed for the sales meeting. they now quickly hand me a coupon/attraction packet and send me on my way. next time my husband goes, he will wait in the car while i check in. sometimes i will have a message on my phone, which i feel is a disguised sales call, i will not return the call so that i am not trapped again. just thought this strategy might help someone else avoid all the pressure and wasted time that is so annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter