• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pushy DVC sales experience with a few lies thrown in

Sorry...but that is just BS and you are splitting hairs. AKL closed out 15 years ago. It is not an active sell and you know it.

That's a little harsh. You can't walk more than 300 feet in WDW nowadays without almost tripping over a DVC booth, and they're always selling all the resorts. If they don't want to deal with certain people, they should just tell them up front and not waste their time. This person knew what she wanted, asked specific questions, did not get appropriate responses, and walked away. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Nobody in sales closes every deal; it's part of being in sales. There's no reason to demean a potential buyer. If you can't handle that, find another line of work.

And all resorts are almost always for sale, so to imply they're not is simply wrong.

I can't believe this sales person didn't take you right to one of the 1 or 2 bedroom units at Kidani with a Savannah view, and just let you out on the balcony!!!!! Those rooms are huge, and watching animals from your room would probably get the sale 80% of the time. Plus, if they showed you a point chart, they might get to up-sell you on more points, with the pitch that for just another 50 points direct you could get a 1 bedroom unit instead of a studio plus you get a Gold AP!

The agent told us there were AKL points she could sell that day. Maybe that was a lie :confused3

I was able to do a direct add on of 25 points (2018) in mid-March of this year for my April UY.

I am so sorry that your experience was not more pleasant. My original Guide (Byron) retired; he was very helpful and low pressure. I have had a new Guide (Andrea) for a couple of years and I really like her also. She obviously monitors her clientele because every time I am at Disney I receive a recorded message from her on the resort room phone wishing me a wonderful trip.

I can't believe this sales person didn't take you right to one of the 1 or 2 bedroom units at Kidani with a Savannah view, and just let you out on the balcony!!!!! Those rooms are huge, and watching animals from your room would probably get the sale 80% of the time. Plus, if they showed you a point chart, they might get to up-sell you on more points, with the pitch that for just another 50 points direct you could get a 1 bedroom unit instead of a studio plus you get a Gold AP!

This is exactly what we said! Walk potential buyers through the lobby and through the rooms and you’d make a huge sale in a mater of minutes. This would be everyone’s reaction: :love:

Just dropping me off at Wilderness Lodge sold me on wanting to come there (or buy resale now). Seeing the rooms was a bonus but the lobby and surrounding area was amazing.

I was able to do a direct add on of 25 points (2018) in mid-March of this year for my April UY.

I am so sorry that your experience was not more pleasant. My original Guide (Byron) retired; he was very helpful and low pressure. I have had a new Guide (Andrea) for a couple of years and I really like her also. She obviously monitors her clientele because every time I am at Disney I receive a recorded message from her on the resort room phone wishing me a wonderful trip.

Both sound like wonderful guides! I’m glad to hear there are good ones out there :)

I guess I’m not that informed... but they have DVC sales offices at AKL?

I’ve been active on these boards for almost 4 years and this is the FIRST I’ve heard of this.

And I don’t want to be spelling/grammar Nazi, but it’s resale. Not resell.

Sorry. I’m a little OCD and the OP drove me crazy.

I’ve been active on these boards for almost 4 years and this is the FIRST I’ve heard of this.
At Kidani there is a sales office. It’s basically a studio with a desk and no bed. There’s also a mini-fridge with drinks. There may be more than one of these offices.

It is hard for a rep to walk someone through a room at AKV. None are reserved for tours. If the desk has an unassigned unit it can work,but DVC does run full.

And I don’t want to be spelling/grammar Nazi, but it’s resale. Not resell.

Sorry. I’m a little OCD and the OP drove me crazy.

Sorry for the typos and mistakes. Message boards tend to be full of them and it can drive me crazy sometimes too.

At Kidani there is a sales office. It’s basically a studio with a desk and no bed. There’s also a mini-fridge with drinks. There may be more than one of these offices.

Yes, it appeared to be a converted room with a desk and several chairs.

It is hard for a rep to walk someone through a room at AKV. None are reserved for tours. If the desk has an unassigned unit it can work,but DVC does run full.

Interesting! I didn’t realize this. The guide showed us a studio/one bedroom lock off combination a few rooms down the hall from the sales office.

DVD does hold minimum 2% of the points (inventory), though, so especially at the larger properties, keeping one for tours shouldn't be a big deal. There's a 2 bedroom lockoff on the boardwalk that's been open for tours for years.

I would kind of guess that BLT still does too. And maybe PVB too? At least the last time I looked there the rooms the sales had were still assigned to them. And of course BWV never got rid of theirs.

Except they took them thru a room? It sounds as if they still use 1 for tours there.

I still think that guide missed the easiest sale of the day if they had actually listened and answered the OP's questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter