Purple entry light?

It looks more magenta to me and DH says the same. It is really hit and miss as to whether either of us or both of us get the extra color. In December during our two weeks there it probably happened about third of the time.

Mine was super random last week. We were staying at CBR and my free band scanned pink only a couple times. And not even consistently at the same park.

This is a guess based on observation, not an intimate awareness of the MagicBand touchpoints. We have 45th anniversary Magic Kingdom MagicBands. My Haunted Mansion band should glow green and purple and make the sound of the doorbell. My Mom has Dumbo the Flying Elephant and it should be a rainbow and play Casey Jr's Comin' Down the Track. Whenever the lines at the gate or attractions have been long, there is no effect. I have assumed that people wait to see the glow and hear the sound and, when necessary, the effects are turned off to expedite the lines.

I have the Dumbo band but it is always so noisy I have never been able to figure out what the song is that plays when scanning at FP+ tapstiles. so thank you for that! The cast members at the Flying Carpets were excited to see the rainbow and hear the music when I checked in there :)

I have the Dumbo band but it is always so noisy I have never been able to figure out what the song is that plays when scanning at FP+ tapstiles. so thank you for that! The cast members at the Flying Carpets were excited to see the rainbow and hear the music when I checked in there :)

Would you like to hear your song? :-)

During our trip during the holidays, our magic band went purple every time we entered MK and Epcot...I think it went purple once for HS, but I don't recall if it did at AK.

Mine only turned purple the day we went to EPCOT which happened to be the day we checked into Poly on points. I got stupidly excited and put both hands up and yelled "YES! IT WORKED!" and looked over to see the crabbiest old lady cast member I've ever seen. She gave ZERO rips about my purple light and didn't even make eye contact. I turned around and started dying laughing to my husband because it was so embarrassing. He was like" See! Nobody cares that your DVC. "(I get teases mercilessly in my family because of my DVC love).

Whatever, he's just jealous he didn't get a purple light. :crazy:

This made me lol!

Mine only turned purple the day we went to EPCOT which happened to be the day we checked into Poly on points. I got stupidly excited and put both hands up and yelled "YES! IT WORKED!" and looked over to see the crabbiest old lady cast member I've ever seen. She gave ZERO rips about my purple light and didn't even make eye contact. I turned around and started dying laughing to my husband because it was so embarrassing. He was like" See! Nobody cares that your DVC. "(I get teases mercilessly in my family because of my DVC love).

Whatever, he's just jealous he didn't get a purple light. :crazy:

My wife and I did the WDW parks last week. One of us never got purple. The other got it exactly once. The world did not end. :-)

When we went in January 2017, mine always turned a different color, could've been purple, but my DH's never did. We are both on the deed. The CM's would always say "Welcome Home", and I would look at them very confused and say, "Thanks" and smile and move along. It took until about Day 3 for me to get what was going on. :rotfl:

For most trips we've gotten the purple light pretty consistently (even though I'm just an associate on our contract) but it's gotten less consistent with our latest trips. My husband has the limited edition Pandora magic band that lights up and has a banshee roar though and it works every time.

2 weeks ago I got purple and greeted with Welcome Home. Made me happy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter