• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchasing Tickets

MissGina5

DIS Veteran
Is there a price difference in purchasing your park tickets on location vs. buying them online? What do you all recommend?

There is no price difference. I always buy online that way I don't have to wait in line at the ticket booths! Those lines can get long. I just show my ticket on my phone at the gate and they give me a paper ticket (although I never use the paper one). It's pretty fast!

Is there a price difference in purchasing your park tickets on location vs. buying them online? What do you all recommend?
If those are your only 2 choices buy them through the App. I did this a couple of years ago. No waiting at the ticket booth just headed straight for the entrance to the park.

You can buy them just moments before you go - We actually bought them just before we left the hotel to walk over to the park.

I maybe wrong but, I thought if you purchased them online and got the multi-day (3 days I think) then you get the Magic Morning with the tickets. If you purchase them at the ticket booths, you do not get MM. At least that is how it was last December. Also, a lot of hotels along Harbor Blvd sell park tickets as well. We purchased ours from the Candy Cane Inn and they had MM with them.

I buy my tickets online, and they send me nice paper tickets in the mail. They have the MM printed right on the back of the ticket. Then the first time I enter, I sign the ticket, and they usually take my picture.

I would suggest purchasing them online before you arrive. If purchasing from Disney, I would purchase at least 3 days before, just in case there are any technical problems with site (it does happen). Also, they appear in the app usually instantly, but there have been times where it takes 24 hours. If purchasing from a 3rd party site, I would purchase a few weeks before just in case there are any issues and you need to contact them.

If you buy direct from Disney there is no price difference. But unless you need to pay with cash or something I would avoid buying them at the ticket booths on site and waiting in the usually long and slow ticket booth lines. Buy them on the app or Disney website.

Alternatively, there are several authorized sources for discount tickets (except 1 day tix) that many here, including myself, have used reliably-there's lots of threads on discount tickets here. My experience is that LMT Club usually has the lowest prices (lmtclub.com, it will say you need to buy a membership but easy to find codes online for a free membership), Undercover Tourist, Get Away Today and aRes travel are all options. Some AAA offices have discount tickets at the moment but that can be hit or miss and of late the discount isn't very much. I've seen people here also recommend Costco but I don't think Costco has sold standalone Disneyland tickets for several years (they do sell them as part of vacation packages).

Definitely get them ahead of time through an authorized reseller. You can save a bundle. And as the PPs have said, you get 1 free Magic morning with a 3-day or more parkhopper, which you don't get when you buy them at the park ticket booths. The wait at those booths can get ridiculous. (Although, if you are staying onsite you get MM/EE anyway as a perk).

We picked up our September tickets, 5-day parkhoppers, through LMT and saved $30 more per ticket than Undercover Tourist.

I'm planning a trip for January 2020 and didn't see any DL tickets listed on LMT today and the 3 day park hopper with MP on Ares Travel say they expire December 2019. I've purchased through LMT before and know about searching for Anaheim etc. Am I just too eager and need to chill out a little and wait?

I'm planning a trip for January 2020 and didn't see any DL tickets listed on LMT today and the 3 day park hopper with MP on Ares Travel say they expire December 2019. I've purchased through LMT before and know about searching for Anaheim etc. Am I just too eager and need to chill out a little and wait?
I just bought tickets two days ago, and the tickets are good until 2021. Make sure you are logged in to LMT CLUB. If you aren't logged in or not on the club site, you won't find them.

We've always (except for one time) purchased ahead of time online! The one time we didn't.. we had to wait in line at the ticket booth and that took some time.

I'm new to this forum, so hope I'm doing this right :)
I'm wondering the same, logged in, but can only find tickets up til December, but not January. Do I need to just wait? Anyone in the know? Did you find tickets for January, Marikoj?

I'm new to this forum, so hope I'm doing this right :)
I'm wondering the same, logged in, but can only find tickets up til December, but not January. Do I need to just wait? Anyone in the know? Did you find tickets for January, Marikoj?
I looked again recently on LMT and still the tickets were only good until December 2019. I just checked Ares and they're also good through 2019. Every ticket deal I've seen on Getaway Today has only been through the end of the year too. Very interesting. I figured we'd just wait a few more months, they'll come out eventually. Though, come to think of it, aren't tickets good for 1 year from the purchase date? Or would the expiration date supersede that?

People here have posted that the tickets they've purchased don't expire until Jan. 13, 2020 or possibly a bit later. You can try contacting LMT and the other vendors to ask specifically about the current expiration dates.

Last edited:
People here have posted that the tickets they've purchased don't expire until Jan. 13, 2020 or possibly a bit later. You can try contacting LMT and the other vendors to ask specifically about the current expiration dates.

That would be perfect, as we are going on the 8-12th! I’ll contact LMT and check with them :)

For those who've purchased from LMT and NOT gotten park hoppers, did you still have Magic Morning entry on your 3+ day tickets? On the site it only mentions that 3, 4, & 5 day PH tickets have the entitlement.

I looked again recently on LMT and still the tickets were only good until December 2019...
Check if LMT and other authorized vendors are matching Disney's expiration dates.
From the DLR website (under Tickets):
One-day tickets are valid now through December 30, 2020.
Multi-day tickets must be used within 13 days of first use or by January 12, 2021, whichever occurs first.

For those who've purchased from LMT and NOT gotten park hoppers, did you still have Magic Morning entry on your 3+ day tickets? On the site it only mentions that 3, 4, & 5 day PH tickets have the entitlement.
From the DLR website (under Tickets) -- NB nothing is said about MM being park hopper exclusive:
Magic Morning allows one early admission into select attractions, stores, entertainment and dining locations at Disneyland Park before the park opens to the general public. For admission, each member of your travel party (ages 3 and older) must have a valid 3-day or longer Disneyland Resort theme park ticket purchased online. Tickets purchased at the Ticket Booth do not include the Magic Morning entitlement. To enhance the Magic Morning experience, please arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular park opening. Magic Morning early admission is based on availability and does not operate daily. Applicable days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants, and appearances of Characters, may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity, cancellation and other restrictions.

The only tickets that I know of which exclude the MM perk are Military discount tickets.

If buying MULTI-DAY TICKETS (3 Days or 4 Days or 5 Days) buy them online OR else you will NOT get Magic Morning Entitlement. Tickets purchased at the Ticket Booth do not include the Magic Morning entitlement (this line directly taken from Disneyland's website).

NOTE: Magic Morning entitlement given for MULTI-DAY TICKETS for BOTH 1 park per day option AND Parkhopper option tickets (as per Disneyland's website when you look at the ticket price section).

NOTE: See other Disboard posters' suggestions of where to buy tickets online to save money (ie. buying online other than from Disneyland website).

If you're interested, the entire fine print related to Magic Morning entitlement is shown below (taken directly from Disneyland's website):

Magic Morning
allows one early admission into select attractions, stores, entertainment and dining locations at Disneyland Park before the park opens to the general public. For admission, each member of your travel party (ages 3 and older) must have a valid 3-day or longer Disneyland Resort theme park ticket purchased online. Tickets purchased at the Ticket Booth do not include the Magic Morning entitlement. To enhance the Magic Morning experience, please arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular park opening. Magic Morning early admission is based on availability and does not operate daily. Applicable days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants, and appearances of Characters, may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity, cancellation and other restrictions.

Have fun in the parks :-)

Edited to add: oops ... guess I posted above quote at the same time as the Moderator. :-)

From the DLR website (under Tickets) -- NB nothing is said about MM being park hopper exclusive:
Magic Morning allows one early admission into select attractions, stores, entertainment and dining locations at Disneyland Park before the park opens to the general public. For admission, each member of your travel party (ages 3 and older) must have a valid 3-day or longer Disneyland Resort theme park ticket purchased online. Tickets purchased at the Ticket Booth do not include the Magic Morning entitlement. To enhance the Magic Morning experience, please arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular park opening. Magic Morning early admission is based on availability and does not operate daily. Applicable days and times of operation and all other elements including, but not limited to, operation of attractions, entertainment, stores and restaurants, and appearances of Characters, may vary and are subject to change without notice. Subject to capacity, cancellation and other restrictions.

The only tickets that I know of which exclude the MM perk are Military discount tickets.

Thanks! That's what I thought. Every other authorized seller I've looked at has the Magic Morning description alongside both ticket types, so maybe it's just a typo on the LMT site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter