Purchasing tickets from Boardwalk Ticketing as a Canadian

geminist

Earning My Ears
Hi there,

Hoping some folks here can help me out! I'm a Canadian resident and I would like to purchase Disney World theme park tickets from Boardwalk Ticketing as it's currently showing the cheapest price according to the Touring Plan calculator. I know tons of Americans have purchased from that site, but wanted to hear of any experiences with Canadians who have done it.

My concern is that I've heard Boardwalk Ticketing can be hard to reach if any issues arise (no phone number, no social media pages, only an email that apparently doesn't get answered much) and I can foresee a potential issue (will mention it soon) that I don't want to pay $1000+ CAD just to not to get my money back.

The issue is that when I go to the shipping (I'm not planning to have the tickets shipped, will be picked up at will call, but it's still mandatory to fill it out) and billing sections of the check-out form, my Canadian address fills out except for "Province." For province, I can only select "Outside of U.S" because the other options are states in the United States.

I haven't clicked "Submit" but usually billing requires a full address to be charged to the credit card, no? Has anyone from Canada here paid with a Canadian credit card on Boardwalk Ticketing before? Were there any issues? Looking specifically at experiences related to this year and the last two years, but even earlier than that is fine.

Thank you!

I have no experience with Boardwalk Ticketing, but I assume you have cross shopped with the other usual sites? Undercover Tourist has a Black Friday sale right now. If you are doing many park days, the UK tickets are probably your best bet. They include Memory Maker and water parks and are good for 14 park days. 10% off for Black Friday at attractiontickets.com

I have no experience with Boardwalk Ticketing, but I assume you have cross shopped with the other usual sites? Undercover Tourist has a Black Friday sale right now. If you are doing many park days, the UK tickets are probably your best bet. They include Memory Maker and water parks and are good for 14 park days. 10% off for Black Friday at attractiontickets.com
Have they always had a special on Black Friday? I'll have to keep this in mind for our January 2024 trip.

I have no experience with Boardwalk Ticketing, but I assume you have cross shopped with the other usual sites? Undercover Tourist has a Black Friday sale right now. If you are doing many park days, the UK tickets are probably your best bet. They include Memory Maker and water parks and are good for 14 park days. 10% off for Black Friday at attractiontickets . com
Thanks for your response. I ended up getting tickets from Undercover Tourist due to their Black Fri sale. It seems that Canadians can purchase from them. Boardwalk Ticketing seems to be for Americans only.

Thanks for your response. I ended up getting tickets from Undercover Tourist due to their Black Fri sale. It seems that Canadians can purchase from them. Boardwalk Ticketing seems to be for Americans only.
Sounds like you made the right choice. Just based on what you wrote about the customer service, it would have to be a WHOLE lot cheaper than the other options for the potential pain of using them for me to consider it. When you're at Disney having one of the most expensive vacations you have ever taken, you could really regret saving a few bucks if you need some help. By all accounts UT has outstanding service, and the shipping to Canada is fast and convenient. Certainly worth a few extra $$. We have used them for all our trips now, and they have been flawless. Usually the cheapest too, or only a few bucks more than the less known ticket outlets.

Sounds like you made the right choice. Just based on what you wrote about the customer service, it would have to be a WHOLE lot cheaper than the other options for the potential pain of using them for me to consider it. When you're at Disney having one of the most expensive vacations you have ever taken, you could really regret saving a few bucks if you need some help. By all accounts UT has outstanding service, and the shipping to Canada is fast and convenient. Certainly worth a few extra $$. We have used them for all our trips now, and they have been flawless. Usually the cheapest too, or only a few bucks more than the less known ticket outlets.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. What you said was exactly the rationale behind the decision - for only a minor $10 difference, it's not worth the hassle of losing such a large sum of money. I also emailed Boardwalk a general question and they never responded..
UT with its Black Friday sale definitely helped save some money from the Disney website. Great to hear you had good experiences with UT! That is on par with what I've also read from other people's positive experiences with them.

I am Canadian and just ordered tickets from Boardwalk Ticketing as it was even cheaper than the Undercover Tourist Black Friday sale. Online purchase worked fine, I chose pick up at will call, but I won’t need to pick them up because the next day they emailed a confirmation code which linked the tickets directly to MDE.

I am Canadian and just ordered tickets from Boardwalk Ticketing as it was even cheaper than the Undercover Tourist Black Friday sale. Online purchase worked fine, I chose pick up at will call, but I won’t need to pick them up because the next day they emailed a confirmation code which linked the tickets directly to MDE.
Hi Shauna, did you just leave the province as "Outside US", and if you're travelled already, any problems booking your park reservations with the confirmation code or accessing the parks without ever having picked up at will call? Were you able to add on memory maker once in MDE?

I am not sure about the "Outside US" question. I would have put my province in if there was a spot for it. The only shipping Boardwalk offers is within the USA, which is why you need to choose "will call". I was able to link the electronic tickets to MDE with the confirmation code Boardwalk emailed me. I had no problem making park reservations or entering the parks, and I never had to pick the physical tickets up at Will Call. I purchased Genie+ for a few of the days on the app, and used lightning lanes. I did not add memory maker, but it should not be an issue. Everything worked just as if I had purchased the tickets direct from Disney. I would definitely use Boardwalk again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter