Purchasing/Reserving thru Costco?

If we are booking a package, we always use Costco Travel. You get the exact same package and price as through Disneyland website, but as others have stated, with added "costco perks". You need to put $200 down and pay the balance 30 days ahead of travel. You can cancel between 5 - 29 days and only lose your deposit ($200). In addition to the pins/lanyards and gift card, your vacation total adds to your annual rebate from costco if you are an executive member, so it greatly increases your cash back bonus check from costco at renewal. We've also used Costco travel for cruises and the perks are fantastic there as well.

Can you log on to the DL or WDW website and make payments like you can when you book direct?

Can you log on to the DL or WDW website and make payments like you can when you book direct?
Yes, you will get confirmation info/emails sent to you and you can link your reservation to your Disney account so it will come up when you login on the Disney site. It's basically all booked through Disney (just with Costco perks). When you book through Costcto travel, it actually comes up with a page saying "you are leaving our site" as it take you to the DL webpage to book. It is easy to make payments, just do like you normally would if you booked through Disney's site.

I use Costco every trip, it actually connects you to the Walt Disney travel company but their Costco reps. The price is typically the same whether you book thru Costco or direct thru Disney, but Costco gives you a gift card (there used to be more perks, but for now its just a gift card.) Some say that booking each part of your vacation separately is the cheapest way to go, but I have found that the package thru Costco is pretty competitive.

just did some math... we have a 3 night, 3 day park hopper trip coming up in October. Costco was $1550 and change and included a $145 gift card. Tickets and hotel separate is $1568 and I won’t get that gift card.

Plus, you can put a down payment on the package (do the very minimum), then, you can pay the rest with Disney gift cards (I get cards from Target and save 5%). It adds up. Plus, if you have the Costco card that gives you back 2%, you get that too.

I booked a package with Costco but didn’t get any info regarding my tickets. Do they email that to you or do you pick them up at check in?

Thanks! I doubled checked and I mistyped my email address :headache:. I called and they said they would show up in my Disney account 5 days before the trip.
I realize this is an old thread but there doesn't seem to be much info about this. If the tickets are only showing up 5 days before your trip, how does that affect the fact you have to reserve your spot at the parks? What if there's no availability at the parks because people reserved it many days in advance?

NM: I got my answer. You can reserve the DL parks 120 days in advance because you don't need the actual ticket to do that, pay balance of vacation 30 days in advance, and actual tickets show up 4 days before check-in.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter