• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Purchasing Park Souvenirs prior to Trip

kmhowell

Mouseketeer
My friend recently adopted two little girls (ages 3 & 4) and has planned a trip to Disney for the first week of March. I would love to find them each a bubble blower or light up spin toy like they have in the parks for parades. Does anyone have any suggestions? I’d love it even better if they were from the Character Warehouse in Orlando and had cheaper prices than the park price because I’m also looking to buy them each mouse ears :earsgirl: and matching outfits. I’ve check amazon and eBay but I’m having trouble finding two of the same (so there won’t be any fights over who gets what 😜). Does anyone have experience using one of the personal shoppers on Instagram they could recommend (feel free to DM me the recommendation if it’s not allowed to be posted in the comments). I’m open to any/all suggestions. 😊

Also, this is my first thread post, so if I’ve posted this in the wrong section😬 Mods feel free to relocate...

Not really an answer to your question but just a suggestion...glowstick bracelets. You can get a 100 count for under $10 and for kids aged 3 & 4, they will LOVE them. Plus, they can hand them out to friends they make while waiting for the fireworks.

Not really an answer to your question but just a suggestion...glowstick bracelets. You can get a 100 count for under $10 and for kids aged 3 & 4, they will LOVE them. Plus, they can hand them out to friends they make while waiting for the fireworks.
That is a great idea! Thank you!! I don’t have kids of my own :confused3so I was trying to remember the items I always wanted to get as a kid while I was there!

For matching outfits, check Etsy. They have adorable items on there. The dollar store has glow stick wands near us, maybe check those out. I would be cautious with the ears, they are a little young for them and our youngest has managed to lose several pairs at that age. And they pull them off all the time as well and stand a good chance of breaking them. Maybe see if a party store has a big pack of cheap ears you can buy, that way if one breaks or is lost, backups are available. Something like this might be good.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mickey-M...vN43kEVwAc_uDpsaUjRPXogDzsUoqkLwaAgXyEALw_wcB

Not sure what the prices are in the parks, but there are bubble wands on the shopdisney site and they're having a 25 percent off sale right now.

Don't know if you have a Target near you but in the little girl's clothing section they have a few kinds and colors of fancy Minnie ears now as well as some really cute disney shirts! And while they might not be Disney themed you can find light up bubble wands in the outdoor play area usually where they have the little tikes play furniture.

We drive 24hrs to Florida, so I always make up a goodie bag for my kids with cheap Disney things to keep them occupied in the car and get in the mood. Sometimes the target $bins will have some stuff. I also go to Dollar Tree and Paper Warehouse. Keep looking on eBay. I find a lot of souvineers on there for cheap.

Are you going on the trip with them? If so, a trip to the Character Warehouse is a great arrival-day outing. You won't be guaranteed they'll have exactly what you're looking for, but you will definitely save money on whatever you pick up for them. One good way to get some idea of stock is to start following some Disney Vloggers who do character warehouse videos on YouTube. Check out any vids posted a week to a few days before your trip, and you should have a good idea of what is available. Oh - the WDW area Target and Walmart also have great prices for Disney branded stuff as well.

if it’s a car trip, this might be fun...one year I bought a big sheet of those gel window clings (the goopy-feeling ones) from Target or Walgreens. Can’t remember if it was Halloween or Xmas, but they were Disney shapes (character silhouettes and stuff). Kids had fun decorating the (interior) car windows with them along the way. Silly and simple but when you have a 10 hour drive, anything helps!

For our last trip, I bought a full family set of Mickey and Minnie ears at Target. They were $5-6 each. Even Grandpa wore his for pictures.

Walmart happened to have a Minnie bubble wand on clearance for $5 in July. It might be harder to find that for a March trip since summer supplies aren't in yet, but maybe check amazon.

I get all of DD's Disney clothes at Kohl's. They have a whole line of cotton shirts and dresses, which are much more comfortable than the dress-up dresses. (https://www.kohls.com/search.jsp?su...ls_sbp=06051467660762501142570590606477652001) Kohl's usually runs them on sale 40% off every few weeks. They also had coordinating family t-shirts that I ordered for our last trip. To get the right sizes for everyone, I ordered a range of sizes and returned the ones that didn't fit at the local store. The pictures turned out great!

When DD was four, grandparents put new toys (from Target) on her bed while she was in the bath. She decided that Elsa had stopped by our room and left her presents. It was priceless.

As many of the other people have posted....we also hit up the dollar stores in our area. They carry a surprisingly large amount of licensed Disney stuff. You'll save yourself a ton of money so that maybe you can buy a nicer souvenir at the park!

Thank you all SO SO much for your suggestions! I'm definitely going to make a trip to my Dollar store and Target this weekend. I am not going with them on their trip @2Lunds I really wish I was just to see their reactions! 😭 You all have been such a tremendous help! I don't have kids of my own nor nieces or nephews, so your suggestions have been most helpful!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter