Purchasing FW Cabins DVC

What are your purchase plans for the Fort Wilderness DVC cabins?

• I have already purchased points for the cabins

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • I will purchase points later on and/or if they get a better incentive

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • I have no interest in purchasing points for the cabins

Votes: 172 72.3%
  • I’m waiting to purchase Poly 2 instead

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I have enough DVC points and don’t intend to add on ever again

Votes: 27 11.3%
  • Waiting to purchase on the resale market down the road

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Other - tell us your plan

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Only if the dues weren’t so high

Votes: 22 9.2%

• Total voters

princesscinderella

DIS Veteran
DVC Premium
On the FW cabin threads there has been little talk of any of current DVC members actually purchasing points when they went on sale. This seems like an anomaly here on the DIS DVC forum so I figured a poll is in order.

As for my family we have no interest in purchasing points at FW cabins.

I’m a mix and not quite a fit for most of those: I have more than enough DVC points for now, I would only buy more points direct if I desperately wanted to add a new home resort—I can’t imagine buying direct at any of the current on sale properties (already have direct points at AUL and VGF). I *might* add more resale points at BCV/AUL or finally buy VGC/PVB if prices decline dramatically at some point in the next year.

I don’t know that I’ll ever buy direct at a resale restricted resort, but if I did, I would want to visit first and be sure I like it enough to be sure I’ll use it (and its home resort advantage) for at least the next decade.

Last edited:

No because:
1. Resale Restrictions.
2. Ridiculous dues.
3. High buy-in cost.

DVC direct pricing has become out of control. Now dues are starting out of control.

VGF sold out quickly this summer. Why? Incentives to have the price down to the $160s, no restrictions and low dues.

Riviera and these cabins are going to sit and sit. Such a hard sell, especially with Poly 2 coming.

I am only willing to look at it on the resale market. With those dues the only place to stay is in the cabins and some time at Halloween and Christmas would need the 11month advantage. However I would need a substantial discount on the points to justify buying resale.

This is the first DVC property at WDW that we have absolutely no interest in. Won't be buying, won't be staying. I'm sure there's a market for the layout, but not a location or a room we want to stay in. Even if the price point was lower, and even if the dues were lower (that dues number to start is pretty eye-opening), just not for us. Hope those of you who buy and/or stay enjoy it, though.....

Don't think we have an interest in owning at the cabins. Will only put Poly tower back on the table if they do something creative and its not part of PVB, with all PVB points being eligible.

Hope to add on again, but it won't be until 2026...well, at least that is the plan!

Would you be interested in the Cabins in 5 years and this price tag seems reasonable compared to the pricing on the newest fancy attached resort ?
I mean that seems to be the pattern over the years … if only I had bought more back in the day.

Definite no. I think DVC cured my addonitis. Does anyone know of a single CFW contract purchase, either here or FB or another forum? I’ve never seen a new resort released with zero purchases on Disboards.

Definite no. I think DVC cured my addonitis. Does anyone know of a single CFW contract purchase, either here or FB or another forum? I’ve never seen a new resort released with zero purchases on Disboards.
It’s definitely interesting that there have been more than 50 replies so far and no one has said they have purchased.

No interest in the cabins at the moment. I might stay there at some point if possible, but don’t want to own there.

I liked Reflections. if that comes back at some point and it’s added to the same resort, then yes, I’ll buy there.

Hard pass for all the reasons stated above. Also, the future resale value seems shaky at best as a somewhat niche property with restrictions and high dues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter