Purchasing a PE upgrade

Hi Obi, we have requested special seats for my autistic son, who also has additional needs, what are these seats like? Space, quietness etc?

We have told VA that we need extra space due to him needing a feeding pump, and if he starts getting stressed, was wondering about the extra space we may get and if it is worth upgrading as that's an extra expense I can do without at the moment.

VA also told me the request I have made can't be guaranteed, which was a different story to when I paid!!

I suppose the person you talked to was covering their bottom.
I would assume that you will be in row 21, which is in the small cabin between Upper Class and Economy, made up of two rows of PE seats and either three rows of economy or four rows, depending on the aircraft.

Yes, its quiet, you are in a small cabin with less noise than the main cabin.
Row 21 which is the normal row for families with disabilities, has a bulkhead so is the normal bulkhead seating As I recall.

I would also talk to the crew covering this cabin as they might be happy for you if there is any room, to sit in the PE row at times when feeding is required.

have you looked on the VA website under "my booking" to see what seat numbers have been allocated to you?

I would also suggest that you get a copy of the seat plan (V-Flyer has them I think) and take that with you to ensure you get the seats you need if you are checking in at the airport.

There are some pictures here
http://www.airliners.net/search/pho...rder=datestamp+desc&page_limit=15&thumbnails=

If you are on the VS75 on 27th November Economy is quite full. the 40% held back have been released, there are no seats showing currently next to each other but a few one behind the other.

PE is showing available 3 upstairs (2 next to each other) and 7 downstairs. (though again, this does not show availability upstairs for the blocked VH seats so more upstairs may be available)

Is there any reason you chose teh frriday, as the saturday flight is very much open with not many passengers on it at all!

UC has only 2 people in it.

Yes, IF they have not been taken by disabled families, rows 21 to 29 will become available for OLCI at 24 hours before your flight, plus the extra legroom seats and emergency exit seats will become available at Twilight checkin for £30

Thankyou so much for your help :hug: I will have a look at those photos :surfweb:

We booked the friday as the saturday was too expensive at the time. Just my luck to pick a flight that is crazy busy :scared1: It doesnt sound like i've got much choice really, guess this is what happens when you book late. It looks like i'm going to have to spend the next 3 months praying that we can get 2 seats together either through online check-in or get to the airport early and try (beg!) and get them then. I wish virgin were like Delta and you could see seat availability before you book :headache:

If all that fails then i'm just gonna have to knock myself out and let someone carry me on to the plane so that I dont have a clue whats going on or where I am and can blissfully sleep my way there :laughing:

Thankyou again for your help :hug:

I have looked, but there is no indication there of where we our seats are.

Is this a problem? I just assumed it's because of our requirements.

I would think so.
however there has been a problem with the website. you need to input your details in the box on the right hand side, not click on the booking shown in the centre (if that makes sense)

I take it you have been talking to the Special assistance line and not the normal VA customer services?

I would think so.
however there has been a problem with the website. you need to input your details in the box on the right hand side, not click on the booking shown in the centre (if that makes sense)

I take it you have been talking to the Special assistance line and not the normal VA customer services?

Yes, the special assistance line have been very good. Had to give them all manner of details, such as the serial number of Daniel's pump, medicine needed etc.

Still no sign of seat numbers.

No.
You can pre request seats together but it is only a request.
Of course each class of cabin is different
You have more chance of keeping your seats in UC & PE than you do in economy and the probability of being moved in economy is higher if the flight is full, as they do have to accommodate families with children seated together.

you can contact Virgins special assistance and explain your problem and see if they can help. However an irrational fear of flying will come lower than disabled families etc, but its worth a try.

What are your flight details? I can have a look and see how full the flight is going to be (ATM of course...)

Hello, it is a bit far in advance but could you check 1st August 2010 for three weeks, from gatwick with virgin - Thanks :goodvibes

I have been told that this would be four engines and seating of 3/4/3 - is this correct?

Can I also confirm, if we book it through virgin holidays, once virgin have received the flight details we can then pre arrange where we are sitting? Can you do this for on the way out and on the way back at the same time?

Yes, the special assistance line have been very good. Had to give them all manner of details, such as the serial number of Daniel's pump, medicine needed etc.

Still no sign of seat numbers.

Hopefully this will put your mind at rest a bit about the seat numbers - when I flew at 32 weeks prregnant I had to deal with Special Assistence and they had said I should have bulkhead seats. Nothing showed online then when we did online check in at the 24 hr mark they were there already allocated :)

Hopefully this will put your mind at rest a bit about the seat numbers - when I flew at 32 weeks prregnant I had to deal with Special Assistence and they had said I should have bulkhead seats. Nothing showed online then when we did online check in at the 24 hr mark they were there already allocated :)

Thanks. I can be a bit of a control freak and this is the only thing that seems out of my hands!!

Hello, it is a bit far in advance but could you check 1st August 2010 for three weeks, from gatwick with virgin - Thanks :goodvibes

I have been told that this would be four engines and seating of 3/4/3 - is this correct?

Can I also confirm, if we book it through virgin holidays, once virgin have received the flight details we can then pre arrange where we are sitting? Can you do this for on the way out and on the way back at the same time?

Its too early for your return flight, they are not released until 330 days before your flight.

Both flights on 1st are scheduled to be Boeing 747-400's and in economy the majority are 3-4-3, though some seats which do not become available until 24 hours before your flight in rows 23-28 are rows of 2 with the galley/toilets nearby

You will not be able to request seats until your return flight is loaded but then you can request both outbound and invound seats.
Get a confirmation number from VH and go to the VA web site and look at your booking once VH have infomred VA of your booking.
Also, if you have not yet joined Virgin Atlantics Flying club (seperate from VH frequnet Virgins) as you can then collect miles to use towards upgrades and discounts off future flights with VA

Is it only virgin flights you can access, or could you access bristol to sanford on the 1st???

THANK YOU so much for all your help, it really is appreciated - and thank you all for being so patient with me :goodvibes

Is it only virgin flights you can access, or could you access bristol to sanford on the 1st???

THANK YOU so much for all your help, it really is appreciated - and thank you all for being so patient with me :goodvibes

Charter flights do not issue their data, only scheduled airlines I'm afraid

Hi Obi

I have been reading the thread and wondered if you would be able to look at my seats for me.

We are flying from Manchester on 9/12/09 to MCO and returning on 30/12/09

There are 6 of us in total.

This holiday is a celebration for my DP 40th Wedding Anninersary so wld love to be able to pay for an upgrade for them if there we are seats available.

Hope you don't mind me asking.

Kind regards
Paula

I'm going to upgrade to PE for my flight next September but really want to be in the bubble rather than downstairs.

If I provisionaly request seats upstairs on the Virgin atlantic site what are the chances that we will end up downstairs? It seems there is only a couple of rows of PE downstairs and surely these would be more suited to people with disabilities.

Hi Obi

I have been reading the thread and wondered if you would be able to look at my seats for me.

We are flying from Manchester on 9/12/09 to MCO and returning on 30/12/09

There are 6 of us in total.

This holiday is a celebration for my DP 40th Wedding Anninersary so wld love to be able to pay for an upgrade for them if there we are seats available.

Hope you don't mind me asking.

Kind regards
Paula

VS 75, looking good, All UC and PE ticket classes showing "9"'s all but one Economy tivket class showing "9"'s also.
Seat map
Only 2 seats filled in UC
the PE seats showing, has 1 seat upstairs and 1 seat downstairs showing as free, so with the fare classes at 9's I would assume that Virgin holidays reserved seats are free.
10 free seats in economy

VS76 MCO-MAN
Much less availability. In UC only 3 full fare seats left in class tickets, PE zero in all classes
Economy only 5 available in Y class, full fare economy

Hi Obi, I did OLCI this morning for my flight tomorrow. I haven't printed my boarding passes, so am I correct in thinking that there will still be the option to ask for extra-legroom seats at the airport? Thanks. :)

Hi Obi

Thank you very much for looking into that for me.

We have enough VA flying club points for a free UG bet they wont's let us use them though!!

Many thanks again for your help.

Paula
VS 75, looking good, All UC and PE ticket classes showing "9"'s all but one Economy tivket class showing "9"'s also.
Seat map
Only 2 seats filled in UC
the PE seats showing, has 1 seat upstairs and 1 seat downstairs showing as free, so with the fare classes at 9's I would assume that Virgin holidays reserved seats are free.
10 free seats in economy

VS76 MCO-MAN
Much less availability. In UC only 3 full fare seats left in class tickets, PE zero in all classes
Economy only 5 available in Y class, full fare economy

sorry to hijack the thread but obi could you check how full our flight is please if possible?
we are travelling on 2nd feb 2010 were originally on the vs027 from lgw but it got cancelled due to the maintenance we are now on the vs015 on the same day, many thanks for your help

Hi Obi, I did OLCI this morning for my flight tomorrow. I haven't printed my boarding passes, so am I correct in thinking that there will still be the option to ask for extra-legroom seats at the airport? Thanks. :)

Yes, even if you had printed the BP, you can try for extra legroom seats at the airport.

sorry to hijack the thread but obi could you check how full our flight is please if possible?
we are travelling on 2nd feb 2010 were originally on the vs027 from lgw but it got cancelled due to the maintenance we are now on the vs015 on the same day, many thanks for your help

J9 D8 R7 Z6 W9 S9 K9 Y9 B9 L9 M9 Q9 X9 N9

(J-Z Upper class, W-K PE, Y-N Econ)
( is the max the system shows per ticket, so quite open.
Seat map shows only
4 persons in Upper Class
8 in open seats in PE (no ability to see VH seats)
74 in economy

J9 D8 R7 Z6 W9 S9 K9 Y9 B9 L9 M9 Q9 X9 N9

(J-Z Upper class, W-K PE, Y-N Econ)
( is the max the system shows per ticket, so quite open.
Seat map shows only
4 persons in Upper Class
8 in open seats in PE (no ability to see VH seats)
74 in economy

Old thread I know, don't want you to check anything but have read through the whole thread and think you are an absolute star with all the help you have given people.:flower3::littleangel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter