Punta Cana

I thought I would bump this up and ask a couple questions.

For those who have gone to Punta Cana, did you do any excursions? What company did you use?

Someone mentioned Off Skintastic. I found one with 7% deet with aloe and is unscented. Has anyone used this? Would 7% deet be enough or is that a large amount?

The Monster Truck Safari was excellent. You take a bus into the city, hop on the big trucks and then head off for a cross country adventure. You visit a traditional farm, a school and even a Voo Doo Doctor's office. It was great.

We also did an excursion that has you snorkeling with rays and sharks (totally harmless varieties!!!!).

We are staying at a nice AI resort. Does anyone know if it is better to book an excursion before going or once at the resort? Is it more expensive to book once in Punta Cana?

I really am getting worried that DH will become quite bored with this vacation. It was his idea but he is not a sun person and I have a feeling after complete days he will be bored.

We went to Punta Cana last Jan. We stayed @ The Paradisus Punta Cana and the mosquitos were HORRIBLE. I think they were so bad because the resort sat between two swampy looking areas. During the day while the maids were cleaning they would leave the patio door open to sweep, our room was filled with them. DS who never gets bitten woke up the 1st morning and counted 24 bites on his arms. At night we would spray down and use OFF wipes on our face and ears, turn the air down really low and keep the covers up to our chins, they would buzz in our ears at night - AWFUL.

I've never heard of anyone else with the same problem so I really believe it was just this resort. I would never stay at that particular Paradisus again. The beaches are beautiful. It is a very poor country and riding from the airport to resort you will see very poor living conditions. What would be considered condemned around here is livable there.

Go to Tripadvisor.com, to the Punta Cana forum, there is tons of info for you.

Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter