Pumpkin Lords, S'mores Fries & Cosmic Rewind-An HHN 31 TR-Completed 11/5

lol.....we saw that advert too!!! We thought it was a spoof advert at first.......but, nope, it was real!!! Can you imagine..........er, no.
I've never seen anything like it. Florida has the most interesting commercials. :rotfl:
Smell index……LOL
Gotta check your smell index :rotfl:
Lovely report! Still mad I didn’t go into the the Halloween store in IOA last year! Next time!
Thank you! I don't feel like it was decorated as much as this year, but it was still cool. I like that they do a shop in IOA that's got some different stuff than the Tribute Store and that they change up the theme.

Outlet Malls, Friends, & Sweet Revenge

This day is a little light on pictures because we decided to go shopping at the outlets. We got Shake Shack for lunch.

IMG_8691.jpeg

Shake Shack Review

Then we waited in a line at the Disney outlet. We didn't wait longer than 15-20 minutes, but I still felt like it was too long considering we didn't find anything at all in the store. (I had heard they'd added some Christmas stuff and thought I'd get something for a Christmas trip I was going on this year. But they only really had a sweater I didn't really care for). We browsed a few other outlets, but decided to go back to the resort after a little while.

When we got back Josh took a nap, and I went to the gym. I try to go to the gym 2-3 times a week at home, and I had planned to keep up on vacation, but with all the walking we did I didn't really want to do anymore walking so this was the only day I went to the gym. :rotfl:

IMG_8911.jpeg

But tonight was exciting because we were meeting @amalone1013 & her husband Zack at HHN! (Well we met at the water taxis and ours was faster so when I got there I got to stand at the railings like I was waiting for them to come home from a journey on the sea).

My view waiting for them to come in from their journey at sea:

IMG_8696.jpeg

:rotfl:

We had arrived at HHN! We've had a tradition of meeting up at HHN since 2018 (except 2020 when we met in Denver) and we're still going strong!

IMG_8913.jpeg

We did Halloween which was great again, Dead Man's Pier and Fiesta De Chupacabras which it was also cool to go through again. Then we decided to get food in that area since a lot of food booths were clustered there. So we split up to each tackle different food booths. After a little trouble getting the Pizza Skulls, we met back up with all of our food.

IMG_8716.jpeg

HHN Snack Review Pt 3

Although after going to all the houses in that area, and sitting near there to eat; Josh said he was sick of the music in the Sweet Revenge scare zone. :rotfl: I'm glad that was my favorite one, because we spent the most time in this area almost every night since a lot of houses and food were nearby.

We also went to the Tribute Store before heading around the rest of the park.

IMG_8732.jpeg
We did Bugs which was always so much fun each time we went through it.

And finally we did Descendants of Destruction and Universal Monsters. This was our first time through Universal Monsters too, and I just wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped. I think I liked it better than the prior Universal Monsters house, but I still didn't think it was great. I know these are popular ones every year, so maybe we just get bad run throughs or it's really not my thing but I just didn't really like this house.

IMG_8745.jpeg

On the way out we grabbed some S'mores Fries, and then headed back to the resort.

IMG_8747.jpeg
View back at the resort:

IMG_8675.jpeg

IMG_8677.jpeg

Next Up
A spooky brunch & the last night at HHN for the weekend

Last edited:
Hi did you forget to go to the Dead Coconut Club in the CityWalk?
Hangout for the Monsters AfterHours to enjoy a drink plus Spooky Vampy Lounge Singers performing !

Hi did you forget to go to the Dead Coconut Club in the CityWalk?
Hangout for the Monsters AfterHours to enjoy a drink plus Spooky Vampy Lounge Singers performing !
It was on our list of things to do on this trip but we never found a good time to go so we ended up skipping it. But I’m sure it was cool!

Last edited:
How were the S’mores Fries? We did mean to get them but never got around to it……we did have the pizza fries and they were a congealed mess……

What a lovely meet with your friend that has become a tradition! Love it…..she seems a lot of fun.

Monsters generally wasn’t great for us. Mostly Mummy stuff. I preferred the previous years one.

Awaiting more…….:)

I have seen the cat dancing but never the smell index, oh my o_O
I felt the same way about The Spirits of the Coven, I didn’t really get it at all until we did the unmasking tour with the lights on and the story was very interesting. The witches ate killing the men and using the blood to make the cocktails in the speak easy bar! The witches also start out like the flapper women and devolved in to very old medieval witches.
Halloween was my favorite!

......I need that wall of masks in my home......

(Incase you couldnt tell my fave holiday is Halloween lol. Although xmas is where I thrive in decorating)

How were the S’mores Fries? We did mean to get them but never got around to it……we did have the pizza fries and they were a congealed mess……
I always really like the S'mores Fries, but they're very chocolate-y. The pizza fries don't really appeal to me :crazy2:
What a lovely meet with your friend that has become a tradition! Love it…..she seems a lot of fun.
Yes! It's such a fun tradition!
I have seen the cat dancing but never the smell index, oh my o_O
I felt the same way about The Spirits of the Coven, I didn’t really get it at all until we did the unmasking tour with the lights on and the story was very interesting. The witches ate killing the men and using the blood to make the cocktails in the speak easy bar! The witches also start out like the flapper women and devolved in to very old medieval witches.
Halloween was my favorite!
The commercials :rotfl:

I wish the story came across more in the house.
......I need that wall of masks in my home......

(Incase you couldnt tell my fave holiday is Halloween lol. Although xmas is where I thrive in decorating)
It's pretty awesome!

Lifetime Movies & Mummy Curses

It was the last day of our HHN weekend. And we were headed to brunch!

Cocktails & Scream Brunch Review

IMG_8791.jpeg

I'm glad I finally got some pictures on the one day the humidity didn't attack my bangs the moment I stepped outside. :rotfl: (Although that's still coming later).

IMG_8925.jpeg

There were so many cool places to take pictures in Cocktails & Screams. If you want to see more of how it looked inside I included some in my DTR post.

IMG_8931.jpeg

When we got back we decided to check out the Swizzle Lounge and Universal Monsters display at Cabana Bay.

For some reason there was a lady playing Avril Lavigne on a violin in the lobby. :rotfl: I'm not sure it went with the Halloween theming.

tumblr_221e8449cb7482659abac4f746e3d44e_3057f8f7_400.gif

We went upstairs to the Gallery of Legends. There was no line so we were let in right away.

Unlike the last time we went to one of these in 2019 it wasn't just 1-2 displays that TM's took your pictures in, but a whole room full of different places to take pictures and people were taking them, themselves. (The lighting was a little weird so not all the pictures we took really came out but I'll include some).

The Mummy section:

IMG_8937.jpeg

Wolfman:

IMG_8854.jpeg

Dracula:

IMG_8872.jpeg

After that we headed back to the hotel where we watched some Lifetime movies. :rotfl: There was one where Melissa Joan Hart played a hoarder, and there was a new Bad Seed movie.

Eventually we headed to the roof to get dinner.

Bar 17 Bistro Review

We went back to the room for a little bit before HHN because Josh had a headache, but after awhile he said he didn't think he felt well enough to go but he wanted me to go with Alyssa and Zack still. So I texted them to figure out where they'd be, and walked over to SF to catch the water taxi. I had just missed it so I was going to walk, but as I was walking by RPR one pulled up so I took that one.

They were watching Ghoulish, and I managed to make it there and only missed the first minute.

IMG_9092.jpeg

I was not as impressed with the show this year. The music was fun, but I honestly think 2019 had the best HHN lagoon show; and every year since it's seemed shorter and like there's less effort put into it.

Next we decided to do The Weeknd house. It was a 40 min wait, but only like 15 with EP. I liked it even better this time. Although we did laugh at the Frog Monster. :rotfl:

Then we had our Mummy cookies:

IMG_9090.jpeg

HHN Snacks Review Pt 4

We headed to Descendants of Destruction next. After going through it a few times, I still wasn't crazy about it. But the underground world did remind me of the movie Nightbreed a little.

Then we did Bugs, and The Black Phone/Freaky house, Freaky had quite a few more scare actors this time so I enjoyed that part more than the last time. But Black Phone was still really scary and so good!

IMG_9040.jpeg

Crowds had been very low this whole night, but especially near the end. This was the latest I think I stayed at the event because I had gotten there kind of late. On the way out we decided to do Hellblock Horror because it was a 5 minute wait, and there was no one in line!

There were more scare actors in this house tonight too. But it just wasn't one of my favorites.

We got a lot done this night at HHN, and it was so great to be able to spend two nights with Alyssa and Zack this year. We ended up having to say goodbye quickly when we left the parks because both our water taxis were there. Hopefully we're able to go the same week/weekend next year too!

Next Up

Checking into Disney & riding Cosmic Rewind for the first time!

Last edited:
We didn’t try the Mummy cookies…….darn would loved to have been told I was cursed now!

We thought the same about Ghoulish…….it was good, but not as good as their 2019 show. Again, I think the budget cuts showed in many areas.

I like your Gallery of Legends pics, especially the simple Dracula one, lighting certainly did affect some of our pics this year too.

Could have been worse though with the random result for mmmmmm…… :rotfl: a bacon calendar is relatively innocent!

We didn’t try the Mummy cookies…….darn would loved to have been told I was cursed now!
The cookie itself wasn't great, but that was the best part :rotfl:
We thought the same about Ghoulish…….it was good, but not as good as their 2019 show. Again, I think the budget cuts showed in many areas.
The 2019 one was so good, and every year I get so excited for the lagoon show. But this one was disappointing, I agree.
Could have been worse though with the random result for mmmmmm…… :rotfl: a bacon calendar is relatively innocent!
That's true! :rotfl:

Surprise, We're Fancy!

After we checked out of Aventura, we headed over to our next resort.

The Yacht Club!

IMG_9064.jpeg

The Yacht Club has always been one of my favorite resorts. Years ago we had it booked for a whole week, but had to cancel because of Irma. Typically prices have been a little bit too high to make it a good option for us, but I did stay there for a few days in 2019 with Samantha. This year since we were only going to Disney for 2 nights, and I got the Disney+ subscriber discount I decided to book YC.

When we got there the room wasn't ready yet, so we headed off to Disney Springs.

Daily Poutine/Polite Pig Review

When I looked on the app on the way back to the resort to see what room we were assigned...I realized we were in a club level room! I thought it was just a glitch till we got there.

But somehow we were upgraded to a club level, water view room! We had only booked a standard room so this was an amazing upgrade. Club level isn't something I'd typically pay for, so I was definitely excited to check out the club lounge.

IMG_9078.jpeg

Our room was nice and clean, and I love the YC theming. We were the first room near the concierge desk so we were very close to the elevator and the lounge. With people coming and going from the lounge I would say this room is in a noisier area for sure, but no worse than any of the other rooms we had. Honestly, I think in every hotel you're going to hear talking from outside of it or on other floors especially if the hotel is generally full and you sleep in a little later than most people going to the parks like I tend to do. I just slept with ear plugs in towards the morning, and didn't have any issues with it.

IMG_9079.jpeg

The curtains were so cute!

IMG_9162.jpeg
We also had an amazing view and a balcony which I loved!

IMG_9082.jpeg

& these truffles!

IMG_9086.jpeg

Other than that the only difference I saw was that there were some extra products in the bathroom and very plush robes in the closet. (But perhaps other YC rooms have these too its been awhile since I've stayed there). Wifi seemed to be working better here than it had at Aventura (less going in and out), and the concierge was very helpful if you needed anything.

We had to try out the club lounge!
Club Level Snacks Pt 1 Review

This day we spent quite a bit of time in the room because we were hoping it would stop raining before we went to Epcot. Every time the forecast would say it was about to stop it would then update and continue for another hour.
Finally we had to make a decision because we didn't want to miss our Guardians LL. So I got out the poncho and umbrella and off we went!

Luckily, we were only a little wet when we got there, and the rain had stopped by the time we came out!

I loved the preshow and all the little effects and things in the ride.

IMG_9198.jpeg

I get motion sickness easily so I was prepared to spend most of this ride with my eyes closed. (Which I did :rotfl: ). I wasn't really affected by motion sickness luckily, but I did avoid looking at the moon since I heard that caused some people to have an issue. Since a lot of the ride was sound effects and audio I didn't feel like I missed much, and it all felt really in theme with Guardians of the Galaxy. The music, the humor, and the chaos of it all felt perfect for Guardians.

When I got off it we went to the gift shop, and I turned my head a little too fast and realized maybe I hadn't escaped completely unscathed. :rotfl: I got a bit dizzy and had to go sit down for a few minutes.

I think that part might be from the launch itself though since I've also had trouble with the launch on rides like The Mummy. After a few minutes I was fine, but I'm not sure I'd regularly ride Cosmic Rewind.

The sky looked really cool:

IMG_9131.jpeg

I shopped around a little bit, and I hadn't really found anything I liked. So I said if I didn't find anything else I'd buy this before we left Disney. :rotfl2:

IMG_9126.jpeg

(Which I did end up buying :rotfl:).
We also stopped at a few places for Food & Wine

Food & Wine Pt 1 Review

We decided to leave before Harmonious, and see what desserts they offered in the club lounge.

Club Level Snacks Pt 2 Review

It also turned out you could see the MK fireworks from the club lounge balcony. So we watched those too.

Then I went back to the room and went out to the balcony for a minute, and that's when I realized we could see Harmonious from our balcony!

IMG_9173.jpeg

It was very magical evening!

After the fireworks I called my dad to brag about our balcony view :rotfl: and catch up. Then we watched a Criminal Minds marathon until we fell asleep.

Next Up

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

Last edited:
Fabulous upgrade Raeven!! It looks so beautiful there and a balcony is always nice to have too, lovely view and fireworks too!! Hope you enjoyed Club Level.

That is a nice plush you bought......I have no clue who it is though......lol.....

Gorgeous sky pictures too!

That is a nice plush you bought......I have no clue who it is though......lol.....
I believe that's Groot - a lovable little guy from the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise. Not sure if it's Baby Groot or Teen Groot though. Looks like baby groot. :-)

Fabulous upgrade Raeven!! It looks so beautiful there and a balcony is always nice to have too, lovely view and fireworks too!! Hope you enjoyed Club Level.
It was so nice!
It's the baby version of Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy :rotfl:
Gorgeous sky pictures too!
Thank you!
Love the update!
Thanks!
I believe that's Groot - a lovable little guy from the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise. Not sure if it's Baby Groot or Teen Groot though. Looks like baby groot. :-)
Haha yes it's baby Groot!

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Good morning!

IMG_9201.jpeg

We woke up and watched Supernatural for a little bit, before heading over to Beaches & Cream.

Beaches & Cream Review

IMG_9203.jpeg

After leaving Beaches & Cream I took some pictures of the resort on the way back to the room.

IMG_9216.jpeg

We relaxed for most of the day before getting ready for MNSSHP.

IMG_9248.jpeg

Technically Goosebumps is Disney since in the 90's I believe there was a Goosebumps show in Hollywood Studios. :rotfl:

When we entered we walked around and checked out some of the Halloween decor.

IMG_9261.jpeg

Our first ride was the Peoplemover, and we had some great sunset views.

IMG_9377.jpeg

Next we got on Buzz. I lost, but our guns seemed to actually work this time. :rotfl:

IMG_9269.jpeg

Waits were actually really good at this point and we were able to ride 7DMT with only a 25 minute wait. (Although the wait for Haunted Mansion was 55 minutes). Because of the weird wait times we decided to watch the first Boo To You parade. I'm not always big on watching the parades, but I love Boo To You.

We were able to find a spot at what I thought was pretty good, but there was still quite a bit of time to wait since we were near the end of the parade route. So we still had a ton of people try to squeeze in near us, and the family next to us who was mad at anyone who tried to sit near them, was fighting with each other the whole time, and their kids were literally throwing open bottles of soda into the parade route and screaming. :scared:

We rode Haunted Mansion next:

IMG_9380.jpeg

We missed the fireworks while riding Haunted Mansion which was fine with me. I liked the older one, but wasn't as impressed with the one that debuted at the party in 2019.

But we did see a few fireworks as we left the mansion:

IMG_9389.jpeg

To my disappointment Pirates had been down the entire time of our party, along with several other rides (although those were more on and off). They were also out of some of the party snacks by not too far into the party, and the merch I had been looking for (the Silly Symphony skeletons) was apparently only sold at DL. We were a little disappointed by this party, and I sincerely hope Kayleigh and I's MVMCP experience is better than that. We did e-mail Disney to let them know, but they only responded back with a generic "thanks for letting us know e-mail".

While I do like the parties for the low crowds, this year's MNSSHP was a little disappointing to me. Definitely an improvement over Boo Bash last year, but not as good as I remember MNSSHP being and with the higher price tag I'm not sure I see us attending next year.

CL Snacks Pt 3/Peco Bill's Review

Since we had already done everything we wanted to do we decided to leave before we got stuck behind the ropes for the 2nd parade.

Pumpkin selfie on the way out:

IMG_9379.jpeg

Next Up
A last trip to Food & Wine + going back over to Universal & checking into Surfside

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter