• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pullout bed at BC Villas

Trackstar4400

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have experience with the studio villa? It would be my husband and I, two kids 7 and 4. Enough room? Is the pullout bed comfortable enough? I know it seems like a silly question but a week of no sleep could be bad!!!!

Does anyone have experience with the studio villa? It would be my husband and I, two kids 7 and 4. Enough room? Is the pullout bed comfortable enough? I know it seems like a silly question but a week of no sleep could be bad!!!!
The pull out is comfortable enough for people who are smallish and lightweight, I'm older and have hip problems so it isn't comfortable for me. So your kids should be fine. Its a 4 inch memory foam mattress. There is also a small murphy bed that either of your kids could sleep on. Be forewarned there is little storage space. There are 3 squarish, shallow drawers in the tv cabinet on either side of the murphy bed, a larger drawer in the coffee table and I believe there are drawers in the nightstand, but no dresser. So don't overpack.

Thanks! You can use the laundry facilities for the villas right? I know there is not a unit in the room like the 2BR.

We stayed at BC in a studio with a pull out bed last January. My 9 year old son slept on it and had no complaints.

Thanks! You can use the laundry facilities for the villas
right? I know there is not a unit in the room like the 2BR.

Yes, your magicband will allow you access to the laundry room! It's on the 4th floor near the elevators, but it is very very small, I think 2 washers and 2 dryers.

In my experience the murphy bed and pullout couch are fine for children, but are not the greatest for adults. Doable, yes. Comfortable, not exactly. Neither compares to a real bed IMO.

There is a laundry room in the villas building for you to use. It is usually pretty available since only the studios are using it.

There is a laundry room in the villas building for you to use. It is usually pretty available since only the studios are using it.
It's been busy every time I saw it since it is so small. Don't plan on doing two loads at one time. And plan on being there as soon as your loads finish. Otherwise, they might wind up on a table in the room.

My kids, 11 and 14 rated it comfortable. Now, they’re young and would sleep on the concrete walkway if it meant being at Disney, so . . .

Somebody once posted a website where you could see how many washers were available. Anyone know what that is??

We stued in a studio at BCV for 5 nights in October. I thought the pull out sofa bed was barely passable, and very noticeably less comfortable than the bed! We ended up having to alternate nights bed/pullout/bed/pullout/bed because no one wanted the pullout the whole trip! We only booked the room because it was all that was available in that area for our nights during food and wine, and that is the only reason I would book a studio again! If there were no hotel room availability where we wanted to stay (or if we only had 2 people)! It might have seemed better if there weren’t a much more comfortable bed directly beside it! Now if your kids will sleep there no problem and you know you have the bed- then it would be ok :D!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter