• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pull ups in kids club?

I spoke to some friends who are YA CMs, one is a Manager. They have said no pull-ups in the Club/Lab at any time.
Still ask when you get there, but like I said, prepare for underwear. I do like the idea someone mentioned of having older sister support the little one! But be aware if the alarm goes off and she is the middle of a program or playing with friends will she want to check on her sister? (I know I wouldn’t have lol)

I have a related question, as I am in a similar situation (3 year old is not going to want to go to the nursery when brother is going to Oceaneer's, potty training is going well but early days). I know CM's are not allowed to help with the mechanics like pulling down pants etc. Are older siblings allowed to help? I'm not actually sure that's a path I want to go down but just curious about options.

I have a related question, as I am in a similar situation (3 year old is not going to want to go to the nursery when brother is going to Oceaneer's, potty training is going well but early days). I know CM's are not allowed to help with the mechanics like pulling down pants etc. Are older siblings allowed to help? I'm not actually sure that's a path I want to go down but just curious about options.

No, they must be able to full go to the bathroom alone.

It's sounds like DCL used to be far more accommodating based on older threads discussing this.
I dont recall that being true, but it might have been. Our son, who took a while, was most definitive that he was done with diapers when he went back to Pre-School the Sept he was 3.

Yes, he wore Pull-ups at night, and Yes, he had a few accidents that first year (when he was too excited or involved in an activity to remember to go), but the sailing was moderately smooth.

I do recall that the chance to participate in the Oceaneer's Club was a "Big Deal" to him, and he was focused on making sure he went potty the proper way so he'd fit in like the older kids. He had done the evening clubs at WDW (Neverland, Sandcastle) back when they had those so he had practice with behavior and bathroom control . We did a lot of Disney, and it was his vacation and life experience too.

As a grandmother I have no real experience with this issue. My grandkids were much older when we first took them. However, I would be up front with the CM and explain that although she is trained you are fearful, she may forget and would prefer she wear pull up in place of her typical underwear to prevent embarrassment. Then you will be upfront and honest. If they will not allow it, then you can choose to take the risk or not. Pull ups will not prevent the child from being independent in toileting. They do not want diapers as a child cannot remove toilet and replace a diaper independently. I agree the alarm for the sibling is an awesome idea.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I highly recommend going with your child during Open House so you can walk in and show them where the bathroom is and everything related. None of mine ever had an accident but I tried to set them up for success to begin with by orienting them to the space so they could do it themselves. The CMs in the club are not there to monitor or try to keep them dry and they are downright busy putting out kid fires when it's super busy.

Having kids helping each other is against standard youth protection practices, and I would not only be shocked if DCL were okay with this, it'd be an insurance horror for them.

she is the middle of a program or playing with friends will she want to check on her sister? (I know I wouldn’t have lol)
So much this!!

I know the OP says that the little one will want to go because of the big one, but will the big one want to have to be responsible for the little one? As an older sis, I would have absolutely NOT wanted to have the responsibility of looking after my little sister at a place where *I* was supposed to be able to have fun. ESPECIALLY if she was "getting a reward" too. If I were in charge of watching her, especially if I were responsible for making sure she went to the bathroom (and probably making sure she was having fun), I'd want the only reward or a bigger reward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter