Pull out beds in the family suites - how comfy?

luvstiggertoo

<font color=green>DIS'ing at work!!<br><font color
We're taking three 13 yo boys for a quick water park weekend at the end of the month. We were hoping to get 2 adjoining rooms at the All Stars but the only thing available was the family suites. DH & I of course will be sleeping in the Queen bed. Has anyone slept in the pull outs? How comfy are they?
How big are the single pull outs? Big enough for a good sized 13 year old boy?

Thanks!!

Bumping......please tell me that someone out there has slept in one of the family suite pull out beds!!:confused3

I heard they are very confortable in a few somewhere, but I have not stayed there, and am staying there in Jan. hopefully they are decent since my father will be sleeping on one.

popcorn::

The is part of a review from a fellow DIS member.
The full report is on page 24 of the All Star Music Family Suite FAQ thread:

There are several other reports posted on that thread. Most posters agreed that with the exception of the pullout ottoman the pullouts were very confotable and fine for an adult.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409&page=24

Back in April of this year we stayed in the Family Suites at ASMu thanks to Linda's lovely advice. We were all very happy and comfortable in them.

It was 5 adults and all of us slept comfortably. ........

Anyway, 2 adults fit comfortably in it though.
The 1 adult fits comfortably in the single pull out beds (the chair and ottoman). 2 small children may fit in the chair pull out too.
1-2 adults fit comfortably in the pull out couch which is the size of a full.

I didn't sleep on any of the pull outs. The reports were the chair and couch were very comfortable, but the ottoman wasn't as comfy.
I lied down on the chair pull out bed for awhile and the time I was there it was comfortable and I couldn't feel any bars or springs.

The kitchenette area was wonderful. It has a microwave, mini fridge and coffeemaker. The resort supplies 1 roll of paper towel, plastic eating utensils, a bottle opener/corkscrew, teas and instant coffees (instant coffee that is in the filtered bags already), paper plates and bowls, plastic cups and there was plenty of storage space.

The bathrooms were nice and having 2 was a big plus for 5 females. No fights for bathrooms and shower time. There's plenty of room in the closet/sink area to store luggage and to hang clothes. There was also plenty of drawer space for all 5 of us.

Having the 2 TVs was great too.

The internet connection was in the bedroom (but the connection cord was out in the living room area we later found out).

So we were very satisfied with the room and layout. We didn't feel cramped and were comfortable. There wasn't a lot of noise, no complaints. I think the only one was hearing the bathrooms from the adjoining room in the living room, but if we closed our bathroom door we couldn't hear it.

We were in the Calypso building 10, 3rd floor, Room 656 or 0656 and had a pool view and were VERY close to the food court/front desk/gift shop/bus stops. The laundry and bar by the pool was also very close.

I'll share some pictures in the next post.

So thank you Linda! I hope Disney makes more suites too and I hope they start offering Discounts on them because that to me was the only drawback. :sad1:

----------------------------------------------------------

DH and I stayed in a Family Suite at All Star Music ( a value resort) last Sept. (2006)

We really enjoyed the Queen size bed, the kitchenette with the microwave, having a sofa and cushioned chair to sit on and relax after a day at the parks before retiring for the evening.

I thought the pullouts very comfortable.

They are designed so the back cushion and seat cushion of the pullout support the pullout. There is no meatle bar to hurt the sleepers back.

Info thread--Pullouts in Family Suites at ASMU with photos of how the pullout is supported.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18100990#post18100990

Here is the layout of the Family Suites:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

Here is my review of the Suites:

www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17640774&postcount=7

For more photos and info please see this info thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

Thank you....

It was my pleasure. :)

I hope you have weather for the water parks and that the teens (and you and your DH too) have a blast!

I hope you enjoy the Family Suites as much as we do.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

I slept on the pull-out chair (twin), and I'm not quite POOH sized. I slept on it for three or four nights, my two teenage DGD's slept on the pull-out sofa (double). I don't know if I could do it for a week, but for a long week-end it was fine. BTW, there were 2 adults, 2 teenagers, a set of 7yr old twins and a 2 year old, and the suite was great. Two bathrooms were what saved us.

Sherry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter