• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PTR/TR October 6-10, 2010--we're back! TR starts page 11!

Mommy2PrincessAbby

DIS Veteran
I have to start putting all my findings and thoughts down somewhere, so here goes my 1st PTR! I keep editing this page as I book things... easier for me to see it all in one place! :)

Cast of Characters: Me :surfweb: and dd princess: who will be 6 3/4 at the time of the trip.

Background: We are from Oregon, hubby :boat: has been going to Mexico on boys fishing trips the last couple years, so I am squeezing in trips to DL as payback!!

DD does not have school the 7th & 8th, so I think I will pull her out the 6th too.

I've booked the PPH concierge level theme park view!!! Woohoo! :)

DL park hours for this time last year were Wed: 10-8 pm, Thurs: 9-10 pm, Fri-Sun 8-midnight. DCA is usually open at 10... Information is coming in now that the TOTP will be in DL Tues & Fri... which puts a cramp in my hours, so I'll need to be flexible about that!

Magic Morning for us will be Thursday, Sat & Sunday... which will mean the parks open at 8 on Thursday and 7 on Sat & Sun for us.

Flying in on Jet Blue (yay!!) into LGB, arrive at 9:29 am on the 6th! And have a 7:05 pm flight out on the 10th! :thumbsup2

We usually do a private car shuttle--Primetime usually, need to look into that. Might just do a taxi this time...

Looks like the cool Halloween fireworks will be only shown during the ToTP, so we'll have to watch them on Friday during the party.

I have no idea :confused3 when they will be showing F! if they have the TOTP at DL on Tuesday and Friday night... so my nightly entertainment is all up in the air. IF they are doing fireworks every night (they may only be during TOTP) I'd like to see them on Wednesday night when we arrive. TOTP is sounding like it has to be on Friday night, so I am hoping they'll do F! then, or if not, maybe they'll do it Thursday--if they do it Thursday, i'll book F! seating for Thursday. That leaves WOC for Saturday night--which I am sure will be insane--now that they announced WOC seating, I think we'll do WCT at 4 pm w/ WOC seating. Oh calendar of events, I need you!! :confused:

Need to figure out when to watch Parades as soon as calendar comes out, incorporated them below based on 2009 dates.

Meal planning--when it is just dd and I sit-down meals are important...

Wed: breakfast @ airport & snacks on plane, 12:30 lunch @ Ariel's, cross to DL, Celebrate Parade at 3:30??, dinner @ Bengal BBQ, fireworks @ 8 pm?
Thu: breakfast in room at 7:00 am--then off to MM, 1st seating lunch @ carn cafe, nap time, 5 pm dinner @ BB before 9 pm F! (please, have F! on Thursday!)
Fri: breakfast at PPH @ 7:30 am or 8 am depending on when DCA opens, DCA after, noon lunch @ Rainforest Cafe, nap time & maybe time at pool, 5:00 pm dinner @ PPH grill before Trick or Treat.
Sat: sleep in!! breakfast @ Storytellers @ 8:30 am--go to DCA after, lunch @ Farmer's market (corndogs and nuggets), WCT for WOC seating at 4 pm, Play Parade at 5:15??, Fireworks if missed them.
Sun: Breakfast @ Minnie's @ 8, lunch @ WWS, check out, hold bags, and goof around until car pick up @ ~3 pm.

Okay, back to work... more later... I am concerned about the parks reaching capacity and what to do if that happens...

We're considering a fall or Chirstmas trip this year as well if we opt to upgrade our PH's to DAP's in March. We really enjoyed the fall trip we took a few years ago.

It sounds like you've got a pretty good plan thus far.

I'm on board!

I was hoping to get an October trip this year, but had to switch things up a bit because I wont be able to get any time off in October.

You guys, I am dying over here! I can not believe how excited I am... dh just confirmed his Mexico trip for the week that I said I would take dd to DL... so in my book, we are a go! DD won't know, I've surprised her 2 times with trips to DL, and she has told me over and over that she loves the surprise... and that "next time" she doesn't even want me to tell her when I wake her up (which is what I usually do) and to wait till we get there or something! :rotfl:

So, that is the plan... I really want to book my room, but I am holding out that maybe they will have an October special. Otherwise, I just checked on buying/renting DVC pts for GCH for a studio is cheaper than the rate online for the GCH right now.

What is really bad is we go to Hawaii in a month, and I am excited about that, but more excited about Disneyland in October!!
:banana::banana::banana:

Okay, I just found out that I can get park hoppers through my work for an $118 discount over the regular price (1 adult, 1 kid, 5 days)... going to take that savings and buy a $100 gift card to use for character meals, since if I buy the tickets through work, I won't do my typical costco package that includes a free character meal.

So, now with WOC coming, I am thinking of doing PPH--concierge theme park view. Am I crazy?? If I do concierge, I won't have to order vons groceries, even though we probably won't do any of the food there except breakfast and dessert items--it will be more for the snacks & drinks... hmmmm....

Ever planning ahead, just got off of Disney Store.com, picked up 5 graphic tees for $6 each and 2 jammie (top & bottom) sets for $10 each. "Tinkerbell" likes to leave stuff in the room as a little surpise while dd is sleeping... when we get closer I'll figure out what costume is the must have for trick or treat nite, and get that too... which will also be a surprise.

Wow, that sounds fun. I had to laugh, 6 3/4.:lmao: You need to have a real celebration, that is a milestone in a girls life!!

Well, I did it, I booked PPH concierge level theme park view...
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Will probably get my park hoppers soon... would like to get everything paid for in advance, so its less of a hit when I have to start paying for F! seating etc closer to our vacation!

Well, I did it, I booked PPH concierge level theme park view...
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Will probably get my park hoppers soon... would like to get everything paid for in advance, so its less of a hit when I have to start paying for F! seating etc closer to our vacation!

Oooh, I have thought about doing the F! seating too. But, there are six of us and that gets kind of pricey. If I could do it just for my husband and I it would be one thing but once you add in the kids and my Mom it kachings way up there. How exciting for you.

So here is my budget so far:

PPH concierge theme park view: $1702, paid $425.50, owe = $1276.50
Resort fee that I will be billed when we get there: $60
Airfare on Jet Blue PDX-LGB: $398.80 paid!
5 day Park Hoppers through my work: $349.20
$250 in gift cards to use at meals: $250
Cute t-shirts & jammies for "Tink" to surprise dd with: $50 paid
F! reserved seating: ??
Trick or Treat @ DL?: ??
Transportation to/from airport: ??

Extra $ for meals (I've scoured the menus and come up with a rough idea of what our meals will cost):
Ariels (lunch): $55
Bengal BBQ (dinner): $20 (no tip)
Carnation Cafe (lunch): $25
PPH (dinner): $27
PPH (breakfast):$45
Rainforest Cafe (lunch): $30
Blue Bayou (dinner): $50
Storytellers (breakfast): $45
Farmer's Market (lunch): $15 (no tip)
Dinner before WOC: ~$60 (WOC seating)
Minnie's (breakfast): $45
WWS (lunch): $20 (no tip)
Random snacks: $25 (no tip)

Tipped places: $366 + tips = $415
Non-tipped places: $100

If I have $250 in gift cards that I snap up over the next few months, that will leave another $265 I'll need to spend when there...

Total: $3075, paid $874.30, owe = $2227.70 + extras I need to price above!

You are so organized in your financial planning.

You are so organized in your financial planning.

:lmao: I have to be organized!! I am dropping $600 a day on the 2 of us to go to DL!! IMHO it is worth it though! And this way I can spread it out between now and October, will make it feel like a cheap vacay once we get there!

:lmao: I have to be organized!! I am dropping $600 a day on the 2 of us to go to DL!! IMHO it is worth it though! And this way I can spread it out between now and October, will make it feel like a cheap vacay once we get there!

That is indeed true. I keep thinking about what it is going to cost to feed the six of us.:scared1: But, it is indeed worth every penny.

That is indeed true. I keep thinking about what it is going to cost to feed the six of us.:scared1: But, it is indeed worth every penny.

Well, you can do it cheaper then we are... I happen to need sit down meals when I take dd to the parks by myself--its the only way I can relax!! Otherwise I am trying to manuever me and dd and our food... uugh. So, as you can see not many counter service meals for us!! And we love character meals, that in itself is a big expense!

Hello! I'm enjoying reading your PTR so far. We will be in DL either the same time as you in October or the week after... still waiting on approval from my DH's work!

Since this will be our 1st DL trip, I am watching your posts closely for reccomendations!

We really like character meals and sit-down restaurants as well for the "break" that it gives us... what are your favorites (especially with kids) at DL? My DS will be 3 when we go in October.

-Lauren

Hi Lauren! We love character meals... We've done them all, but we are partial to Storytellers--I know that isn't everyone's favorite--it seems like Goofy's is most people's favorite...

We like Storytellers because we get to see more woodland creatures--we've had as many as 11 in one breakfast... including multiple bears: Koda, Kenai, Baloo, & Brer Bear! Plus the food is yummy, and then the park entrance is right there... no long walk after breakfast to get in line. Just be warned that Koda and Kenai have too long of claws to sign books... no problem with Baloo or Brer Bear though!

We also adore Ariel's--for obvious reasons--dd is a princess fanatic! and the food is the best I have had at the park...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter