PTR Labor Day Weekend 2016

JBF1982

Earning My Ears
Hi All, This post will mainly have some background information/history.
My name is Janet and I am new to Dis boards. I am newly 34 and my husband, Wes, turns 34 later this summer. We have 4 children, 3 boys and 1 girl. Our boys are 6, 4, and almost 4 months old. Our daughter is 2.5 years old.

I grew up in Reno, NV and visited Disneyland in 1989, 1990, 1991, and 1997. I always dreamt of staying at the Disneyland Hotel but we always stayed off property, mostly at Marriott properties.

In May 2009, my husband and I went to Disneyland Park for 1 day and fell completely in love with it, all over again. We stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites on Manchester during this short weekend trip.

In September 2009, we returned to Disneyland for a babymoon. I was 13weeks pregnant with our first. My dh had wanted to stay at The Grand Californian but I lobbied for the Disneyland Hotel since staying there had been a childhood dream. We did wind up staying at the Disneyland Hotel for 4 nights. It was great! We also experienced California Adventure for the first time. We made two trips to Disneyland in 2011 and one in 2013 and finally experienced the Grand Californian. It was lovely but I think I prefer the Disneyland Hotel as it is the true Disneyland classic!

My parents and I went to Disneyland, in November 2015 and I participated in the Avengers Half Marathon. I was 26 weeks pregnant and did not finish the race but had a great time. We stayed at the Quality Inn again. I really like that establishment and it is a good deal as well.

Fast forward to our planned trip for this Labor Day Weekend. Halloween time is my very favorite time at the DLR and I want to visit at that time, again, but I will mainly be doing trips around rundisney weekends, until my kids are older. I will be participating in the Disneyland Half Marathon and Dh, 6.5 month old DS and I will stay at the Quality Inn and Suites. For these brief, runDisney centered trips, I will most likely rotate the kids that go and the others will have a fun weekend at Grandma's (which they love).

I currently have 1 day 1-park tickets for my husband and me. I am debating upgrading to park hoppers. I am a little concerned about the Disneyland train being down, the Rivers of America being closed off and Haunted Mansion being down for the holiday install. I know there is still plenty to do at Disneyland Park but I sort of think I want to be able to get over to California Adventure too. Anyway, we will see what I decide, as the time gets closer.

We are driving down on Friday, September 2 staying overnight that night, doing our time in the park(s) on Saturday, September 3 (should be hot and crowded lol) and then doing the race September 4 and driving back to Reno.

Ok, that concludes my very wordy first installment of my PTR!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter