PSYCHED!!! No More Allergies(?)

biz410

Mouseketeer
Well, after 4 years of enforcing the peanut and egg restraining order, it looks like my daughter has outgrown her allergies.

We took her to the allergist 2 weeks ago, and she passed the skin test.

Did the blood test last week and just found out she cleared that as well.

The only thing left is the food challenge where she eats them. Keeping the fingers crossed.

YAY! :cool1: What a huge breakthrough! Life-threatening allergies are, aside from the obvious, a pain in the butt. Won't it be delicious to not have to worry constantly that your child will somehow come in contact with the offender? Congratulations! :goodvibes

Oh I am so happy for you and your daughter! How old is she if you don't mind me asking? My dd8 has severe peanut/tree nut allergies and is also allergic to shellfish and peas. Has been since she was 4 and unfortunatley her tests shows she is more allergic than ever.
What a blessing this will be for your family-I can't imagine how nice it would be to not have to worry about this all day, everyday.
Fingers crossed for you for the food challenge! :flower:

She is 4 1/2, IdahoMom.

And thanks for all the positive comments, I wish the same for you.

woohoo awesome news!!!!!! I never knew they could be outgrown!!!

CONGRATS ! As a person who suffers from egg, tree nut and peanut allergies I can relate & am thrilled for your DD. Just as allergies can suddenly appear (like with me, got em at 33!) they can also lessen or go away completely.

I am thrilled to hear that the nut allergy especially had a neg test, my allergist's nurse told me that my egg allergy may go away but that nut rarely does. Glad it did for her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter