PSA: Check your military ID expiration date

lalasmama

DIS Veteran
Just a quick PSA.... For those who use Military Salute tickets and use dependent/spouse military ID.... Check your expiration date.

Sigh. Here now and didn't realise my military spouse ID expired 23 days ago. CMs say there is nothing they can do. I'm making it work; unfortunately that means spending about $150 more than expected.

Glad things worked out in the end for you, but sorry for the unexpected hassle. Thank you for this reminder.

PSA 2: Don't forget to check your Driver's License expiration date, too! BIL recently found out the hard way that his DL had expired several months (!) prior to his vacation. Somehow he managed to board the plane (no one, not even TSA, noticed the expired license) to get to his destination. But upon arrival, he was not allowed to rent a car and had a lot of trouble with other things, too. The kids were confused and disappointed at the changes in plans. He does not remember receiving any notice in the mail from the DMV. So check those expiration dates (i.d. cards, APs, etc.) before your trip!

Somehow he managed to board the plane (no one, not even TSA, noticed the expired license) to get to his destination.

Tsa still doesn’t actually require ID for domestic flights. So that’s not a huge surprise. Though if they’d noticed they probably would have sat down to talk to him for awhile. (My Dad has no ID and flies domestically around once a year...just gets there early prepared to chat)

... Though if they’d noticed they probably would have sat down to talk to him for awhile...

This probably would have been helpful. The agent did look at his license, but never said anything at that time. At least with a chat, BIL would have had some advance notice about the expiration before getting to the car rental counter, instead of having all the confusion and embarrassment happen in front of the kids.

Tsa still doesn’t actually require ID for domestic flights. So that’s not a huge surprise. Though if they’d noticed they probably would have sat down to talk to him for awhile. (My Dad has no ID and flies domestically around once a year...just gets there early prepared to chat)

I flew last year with a costco card. I got the manual pat down. I flew once without anything and then I got to visit a special room. I'm sorry about the ID expry. One would hope that you would get some extra special magic as a thank you for your spouse's service and all the family sacrifices that go along with it. LaLasmama, thank you for all that you and your family do for our country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter