• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pros/Cons of Extended Verandah on Fantasy

We had 5152 on the Fantasy. We were two adults and actually liked being that close to the kids club, it was cute seeing them having fun as we walked by to our own activities.
The verandah was amazing. That extra space was so nice and as was stated above, having a normal balcony space behind the wall made it nice to sit and enjoy without all the weather, but then you could be out on the edge.

This is the view from one deck above the midship extended balconies...definitely a bit more on display than a normal verandah....
124bbb5e-c2b7-4c8d-b31d-c453fc4476a0_zpsc8f54af9.jpg

This is the view from one deck above the midship extended balconies...definitely a bit more on display than a normal verandah....
124bbb5e-c2b7-4c8d-b31d-c453fc4476a0_zpsc8f54af9.jpg

The thing about this is that you're only seeing the extended portion. The rest of the verandah is just as deep as the verandah this picture was taken from.

This is the verandah of 5052 from one of the deck 6 verandahs. There are 2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table under the overhang part you can't see.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 109

We are in room 5162 on an upcoming cruise. I'm not concerned as to the size of the stateroom or the fact that most of the verandah can be viewed from those on decks above us. What I am concerned about is the access to the kids clubs from the aft elevators/stairs. If I look at the deck plan it looks like there is no access to the midship or even forward elevators/stairs. Can you access the kids clubs from the 5th deck aft? If so, how noisy are the hallways???

We are in room 5162 on an upcoming cruise. I'm not concerned as to the size of the stateroom or the fact that most of the verandah can be viewed from those on decks above us. What I am concerned about is the access to the kids clubs from the aft elevators/stairs. If I look at the deck plan it looks like there is no access to the midship or even forward elevators/stairs. Can you access the kids clubs from the 5th deck aft? If so, how noisy are the hallways???

I don't know why they show the deck plan for deck 5 the way they do. Don't worry, there is a hallway along the port side that goes from the aft elevators all the way to the front elevators. The entrance to the kids clubs are along that same hallway. The hallways by the forward and aft rooms are quiet as really only people whose rooms are there need to be there.

You don't have a choice but to walk past the kids clubs on the port side if walking from aft to fore.

My only complaint about forward rooms on deck 5, port side, is that you get loud teenagers who are too lazy to go to the normal entrance and opt to use the handicapped entrance for Vibe at the end of the hallway on deck 5, port forward instead. I called and reported them one night when they woke us up by yelling (mostly curse words, to be honest, and I'm not prude). I wasn't nasty, but told the front desk that they might want to let the counselors know to remind them that they need to be quiet at night. There were no problems the rest of the cruise.

We sail in 5552 on the Dream (same as Fantasy). It is a 4E HA cabin. Besides being one of the bigger cabins it has one of the bigger verandas. While sitting out on the veranda before dinner one evening, a lady on a deck or two above me complemented me on my socks. There are two reclining loungers, two reclining chairs, two regular chairs and a small table. There is plenty of room for a 4-top table that would be awesome for room service.

It's not the largest... Try 8184 or 8682. Now that's extended...

True - those corner rooms (not just the verandah, but the floor space) are HUGE. I didn't include them since those are HA - though I think anyone can book them at some point (maybe at any point??). I remember the first time we walked by when the door was open - DD was like "wow, I want to stay there, I could do my tumbling".

Hi, I’d love to ask some questions about the extended veranders

1) do they all have sun loungers as well as chairs?

2) do they get the sun or are they pretty shaded?

I would love to have a veranda with a sun lounger ( I love the sun)
Hoping to book the fantasy for next year- what deck, category would be best for me?

Just to add it will be just my hubby & I

Thanks

Hoping to book the fantasy for next year- what deck, category would be best for me?

Thanks

Yes, loungers on them with chairs. If you book the corner ones, they are almost all sun depending on direction. We had a corner on deck 10 and the veranda was huge. However we had one of the other rooms last year and they have a partial overhang, so I stayed in mostly shade while husband liked the sun. Keep in mind that the more popular cruises, these go quickly, esp decks 8 and 9. I booked this room for my September 2020 double dip cruise. By the morning for gold members to booked, dcl pulled them. I’m platinum so managed one on deck 9. Just recently dcl released some again for that cruise. I’ve been on deck 10 and didn’t have any noise issues, a little vibration and soot in the mornings.

Yes, loungers on them with chairs. If you book the corner ones, they are almost all sun depending on direction. We had a corner on deck 10 and the veranda was huge. However we had one of the other rooms last year and they have a partial overhang, so I stayed in mostly shade while husband liked the sun. Keep in mind that the more popular cruises, these go quickly, esp decks 8 and 9. I booked this room for my September 2020 double dip cruise. By the morning for gold members to booked, dcl pulled them. I’m platinum so managed one on deck 9. Just recently dcl released some again for that cruise. I’ve been on deck 10 and didn’t have any noise issues, a little vibration and soot in the mornings.

Thanks are these still category 5e or are they higher?

Thanks
If you are in a corner room, you typically will get the full lounger, otherwise you get one of the chair loungers. The chair lounger isn't as long as the normal loungers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter