Pros & Cons of an Owner's Locker...

A point no one mentioned, the warehouse is pretty convenient, if you are going somewhere they don't deliver, I was going to a private house. Some of the older information suggests they don't want you going there, but I had no problem going to pick it up myself. If you go that route, they rent strollers at the warehouse too.

My MVP item is a fluffy blanket from the Disney outlet in 2019. It's the nicest blanket, I keep trying to find another one and can't. I had a coffee mug and it broke. I recommend a metal one in the bins. I'm sure they get thrown around.

If it got destroyed in a hurricane, there's nothing I would cry over. But some of these items, like an old swimsuit and flip flops, are really helpful for not needing to pack.
Yeah, I'm torn on the coffee mugs. Having one of my personal mugs to use at Disney would be nice, but I'm also attached to the ones I have and wouldn't want anything to happen to them. Maybe I'll take some of my non-Disney mugs that I'm less attached to, or figure out a way to pad them. I do think the dividers will help, but maybe being able to box them would also be good.

Yeah, I'm torn on the coffee mugs. Having one of my personal mugs to use at Disney would be nice, but I'm also attached to the ones I have and wouldn't want anything to happen to them. Maybe I'll take some of my non-Disney mugs that I'm less attached to, or figure out a way to pad them. I do think the dividers will help, but maybe being able to box them would also be good.
If you’re anything like us, pretty soon your OL will be packed so tightly that your mugs won’t even wiggle!

I itemized ours in a spreadsheet (easier to keep track, imho)

sunscreen (SPF45)
body butter, moisturizer
Body glide
aloe
body spray
nail polish remover (bottle)
nail file, nail clipper
eye makeup remover
Good Hair dryer
Chi flat iron
comb, brush
Good Shampoo & conditioner
Hair treatments
Hair ties
soap (DH hates H2O soap)
scrub mitt
tweezer
nail scissors
disposable razors
Men's razor/trimmer
First Aid Kit (Band-Aids, Neosporin, etc)
moleskin
hot/cold compress
aloe gel
deodorant (1 men's, 1 women's)
Q-tips
face wash
Micellar water
Cotton rounds
insect spray, anti-itch cream
thermometer
toothpaste, brushes, floss
foot spray
Baby powder
Pur pitcher, filter
Ziplock bags - quart, gallon
salt, pepper
Condiment packets
bag clips
funnel
Good knife set (theirs are awful)
collapsible water bottles
collapsible food storage containers
coffee (unopened)
coffee scoop
filters
stevia/sugar packets
pancake syrup
non-perishable foods (popcorn, mac & cheese, etc)
Dishwasher pods
laundry detergent
dryer sheets (in double ziplocks so scent doesn't get on everything)
lint roller, wrinkle release
bathroom spray
Poo-pourri
Scissors
packing tape
Extension cord w/USB
Phone chargers
Portable charger
AA batteries
sewing kit
sound machine
magnifying glass
cooling towels
shamwow (great for water rides & unexpected downpours)
zip ties
post-its
paper clips, rubber band
envelopes
Black marker
eyeglass repair kit
Playing cards, UNO
ponchos
extra Magic Bands
Vodka

We removed 4 glass plates, 4 bowls, a set of flatware set, & pitcher (for iced tea, etc.) once we stopped staying in studios.

I love the inventory list on my OL dashboard. Before we leave home I review it for consumable items that need replacing or replenishing. And when our trip is winding down I review it and make notes of items that will need replacement/replenishment next time. The list alphabetizes itself, so I list kitchen items with K-, bathroom items with B-, etc.

I was going to ask people how stuffed to the brim your OL is. During our last trip we had to take out some of our clothes in favor of our toddler's inflatable bed which takes up more room, so we've had to bring some stuff home. But in general, there's hardly any space in our OL. Debating getting a second one since we do travel down pretty often, but we also have a SW companion pass til the end of this year, so we can easily just add another luggage for free for now.

Have 4 and love them! Each are filled to the brim.
Honestly, I aspire to go to Disney often enough that I can justify filling more than one OL to the brim. Being on the west coast, even as a DVC member, it's unlikely I'll get to WDW more than once per year. But that's still an increase. I just won't be going often enough to keep things that have a shorter expiration window in my OL for now. But I have got a good list going of things to put in on my first visit.

Right now I'm thinking:
Hair ties, fingernail clippers, toothbrushes, electrolyte packets, reusable water bottles, a Brita pitcher/filters, a blanket, my own shampoo (I have vivid dyed hair so I have to be super picky about my shampoo), body wash, body glide, deodorant...

We have a crock pot , cookie sheet, salt/pepper/onion garlic powder, zip locks, tide, ponchos, hats, Bugs life 3d glasses. also dont leave bounce in there, smell gets on everything. I had a few sheets inside 2 ziplocks the smell got on everything. I just tossed the frying pan, got the smell off the other kitchen stuff.

Logistical question if I may… we tend to arrive early before checkin and leave on late flights way after checkout. Would we be able to access our locker from bell services before checkin to get park essentials and and give it back to them until our room is ready? Could we also do the opposite and on our departure day, access our locker being held to drop off items before a late flight home? In the second instance, should we have the pickup be the day after we leave to ensure it is still there?

Logistical question if I may… we tend to arrive early before checkin and leave on late flights way after checkout. Would we be able to access our locker from bell services before checkin to get park essentials and and give it back to them until our room is ready? Could we also do the opposite and on our departure day, access our locker being held to drop off items before a late flight home? In the second instance, should we have the pickup be the day after we leave to ensure it is still there?

There should be no reason that you could not access the locker on your arrival day, assuming it is there when you arrive. On check out day, I would definitely set pick up for the next day to ensure you have the ability to access it.

We have accessed our luggage mid day when room wasn't ready and we had come back from the parks and wanted to hang at the pool...so, it should be the same for OL.

I would bring extra zip ties, or ask Owner's Locker for at least 4 extra if you're going to be opening your locker that many times.

Just make sure you have extra zip ties to secure your locker if you are going to go in and out of it multiple times

I was going to ask people how stuffed to the brim your OL is. During our last trip we had to take out some of our clothes in favor of our toddler's inflatable bed which takes up more room, so we've had to bring some stuff home. But in general, there's hardly any space in our OL. Debating getting a second one since we do travel down pretty often, but we also have a SW companion pass til the end of this year, so we can easily just add another luggage for free for now.

Ours is so stuffed I have to sit on it in order to get the zip ties on. We ordered a second for our upcoming trip, after debating the second one forever (had original one since '09)

DVC will bring you a corkscrew, even in a studio.

Owner's Locker gives you a ton of zip ties. I have done triple split stays with plenty to spare. I do usually put a couple spares in the main container in case they fall out or something.

If you are short on zip ties, you could make do with just one per transfer. Or even just one for storage.

DVC will bring you a corkscrew, even in a studio.

Owner's Locker gives you a ton of zip ties. I have done triple split stays with plenty to spare. I do usually put a couple spares in the main container in case they fall out or something.

If you are short on zip ties, you could make do with just one per transfer. Or even just one for storage.
We do the same and store extra zip ties in the locker each time.
OP - we have accessed the locker before our room is ready as well as after checkout. Bell services is fine with it.

Has anyone found a lock that works well to secure the owners locker? I often find some of the OL zip ties broken when the locker is delivered to the room and have resorted to using at least 1 regular zip tie on each locker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter