• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pros and Cons of Booking Cabanas ahead of time

tiggerguy2000

Disney Veteran<br><font color=green>Isn't worried
I want to pre-book my cabana but I would hate to pay for something im not using like a rain-out day at the pool.I need info on how the cabana rental works with rain-out days and what are the rules on renting them. Do they have a website or something like that to get info on the rentals or do I just call the hotel.
tiggerguy2000

We reserved a cabana in advance for our trip to the HRH last August. We did not pay until the morning we were checking into our cabana. I think we could have canceled up until the time we paid for it. I do not think we had to confirm with a credit card, but I did let them know we would be guests at the hotel. When you call to reserve you can ask them what their cancellation policy is.

We just rented a cabana for each day of our stay - I reserved the cabanas I wanted way ahead (in July for January). You only need to have a reservation at one of the hotels to reserve a cabana- call the HRH directly and they will put you through to the health club, where you also go to check in. The cancellation policy used to be 4 hours, but we were told last month that we needed to give 24 hours to cancel - not a problem for us as the only day it rained on/off all day was our check out day and we wanted the cabana anyway to chill/meet in until we went to the airport- but I think that would make it difficult to cancel due to rain.

Also be aware that the prices for some/all of the cabanas may be going up - I was told that more (and eventually all) of the cabanas would soon be "themed" and would be raised to over $100.00 per day (I think she said 120.-).

If you do reserve early be sure and check on your reservation - last month another DISer and I were there the same weekend - she posted that she had cabana #10 for the weekend - at first I thought how awesome, we would get to meet, then I thought, wait! I've had cabana #10 reserved since July! - I immediately called to check on my reservations and they didn't have any of my reservations in the book!! Not only that, they didn't have her reservations either (which she had just made - they offered me #10 again!) - fortunately, having tipped each other off, we both were able to get our reservations squared away (#9 worked out better for us as we ended up with a 2 year old along)- they had no idea where our reservations had gone - except to say that maybe they never got moved over into the new book after the new year !:rolleyes:

Everything else at the Hard Rock was awesome !!

We also reserve a cabana for our 10 day stay every year about 7 months out. The cancellation policy is 2am the day of. You can leave a message on the voice messaging system if you call after midnight. Just watch the weather in advance; that is what we do every evening. If your cabana has yet to be themed at the time of booking and they update that cabana with a theme by the time your vacation arrives, you will be charged the rate ($75) that you originally booked at; not the new rate of $100. Just an FYI.

Hope this helps you and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

PDG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter