• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Proposal Locations (Not in the Parks)

There is a very pretty gazebo on the lake at Boardwalk. I've seen weddings take place there.
Edited to add that the Swan & Dolphin have pedal Swan boats. I don't know if they can be rented if you aren't staying there though. They are free to guests of Swan & Dolphin.

DH proposed to me there and we also got married in that same spot. We love it because it‘s an intimate spot and we pass by on every trip and have a kiss.

The Boardwalk Gazebo gets my vote as well. It's an amazing little spot night or day. Peaceful and cute.

My step-son is going to propose to his GF next week. They are staying at Coronado for 1 night. He is looking for a quiet spot to propose that is not in the parks or crowded.

There are some super cute little fountains here and there all over the coronado property, any one of them would be lovely in the evening. Even the space behind the lobby overlooking the water and the entire walking path in general is really beautiful just after sunset.
I agree with @ShannyMcB there are lovey areas around Coronado Springs lake.
The Boardwalk Gazebo gets my vote as well. It's an amazing little spot night or day. Peaceful and cute.
This can be problematic since they schedule wedding at that Gazebo at Sea Breeze Point on the walkway to Epcot just beyond the Boardwalk. It overlooks Crescent lake.

Dave

As someone who recently got engaged at Disney World just wanted to say congratulations to them in advance :). I proposed on the Boardwalk after playing the lobster launching game into a pot. My partner and I played something similar on our very first date in Las Vegas 4 years ago and while she was busy picking out a prize I got down on one knee and popped the question.

Anyways, seconded to the Boardwalk but I also considered the yachts going out during fireworks at the Grand Floridian.

Attachments

• 7B6EB9EF-24EC-4FA4-B7E7-DD8122DD9DD2.jpeg
    7B6EB9EF-24EC-4FA4-B7E7-DD8122DD9DD2.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 14
Another one you could consider I thought was really nice but more private was the area overlooking the lake past Riviera. It’s pretty nice and secluded for the most part, I nearly proposed there and prob would have if I didn’t have my other plan already in place.

Attachments

• AE22B5CE-C8D1-4BA8-BD54-4C995EF622FD.jpeg
    AE22B5CE-C8D1-4BA8-BD54-4C995EF622FD.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 11

There are some beautiful spots at Coronado itself with its lake. I’d just do it there. Anything too contrived will feel like less of a surprise and with only one night, they don’t want to waste their time on transportation. Another idea is having dinner at at one of the AKL a restaurants and proposing at their savanna.

I proposed at the Grand Floridian at the Grand Floridian Cafe after our brunch with the Cinderella Chocolate Glass Slipper dessert. It wasn't too private but my now Wife loves the Victorian Era design so that was the perfect spot for us. The staff made it extra special also.

I think I would do an "Up" theme. Book a ride on the Aerophile balloon in Disney Springs and let them know your plan -pretty sure they'll help you coordinate it. When they reach the top he can present the ring and make his proposal, then with a yes he can provide her with a Grape Soda pin that she will place on him and say "You and me, we're in a club now." Done.

Is there a place that has special meaning to them? Did they have a special dinner together, or went for a walk, had an amazing time trying all the soaps at Basin in Disney Springs?

To me, a proposal shouldn't be in a generic romantic spot, it should be at a place that means something to the couple or the one who receives the proposal.

My step-son is going to propose to his GF next week. They are staying at Coronado for 1 night. He is looking for a quiet spot to propose that is not in the parks or crowded.

I suggested Amphicar, Carriage Ride (POR). Ideas?
If he's going for big and splashy, I would go to the California Grill at the Contemporary. You can go up there for a drink and go out on the balcony/fireworks viewing area. It overlooks MK. At night and especially during the fireworks show it's spectacular. One thing to keep in mind though, when it's super busy they may not let people up there just for drinks. But, I imagine they could be easily persuaded for a proposal.

I suggested Amphicar, Carriage Ride (POR). Ideas?
Skyliner if they are wanting privacy

Coronado Springs is a lovely resort. I had dinner at Toledo last November, then walked around the lake. There are all sorts of little quiet spots around the lake and on the property itself. The walkway around the lake is softly lit at night, and you can see all the lit up resort buildings. As they are only in Disney one night, and will be having dinner at Disney Springs, I think it'd be a time-crunch to try to do it at some other resort (especially if they don't have their own vehicle). Also- Dahlia lounge has a nice outdoor area (top floor of the tower) and the Barcelona lounge (downstairs from the check-in lobby) is bright and modern, but not usually too busy in the evening- I think it'd be a fun place to stop for a drink (they have "designer" gin drinks) and pop the question, if they don't feel like walking around the lake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter