proposal budget accuracy?!

icgymnast

Earning My Ears
Hi! i have a question for all those who have already had their Disney Weddings... but before my question: congrats!, also, all of the pictures i have seen are amazing, thanks for sharing! finally, i have been convinced that it is OK if it rains on our wedding day in late june! OK, here goes: How realistic are the proposals Disney sends in the mail before you have to sign the contract?? Ours came in at exactly our budget! i read somewhere that people are up to $15,000 over!! Before we send in the $1,000 deposit, i need to be convinced that if we have a budget for 100 guests set around $20-25K, it won't automatically turn to $40,000 (which we would never be able to do)!!!!! Thanks in advance! ::MinnieMo

Our budget was dead on with what was paid 30 days before our wedding. Due to a slight shift in head count we actually got money back. As we were planning we spent time adding up the numbers, so we weren't surprised when we say it all together, it was very close to what we expected and had budgeted for.

The proposal we got from our SM before we signed the contract was actually pretty inaccurate. It included fees that we didn't have to pay, and didn't include things we had discussed like our cocktail hour or dessert party. I would suggest you double check the proposal very carefully and make sure it includes everything you will need. Also, bear in mind that that proposal is only an estimate, and things like floral costs and the menu costs will change based upon what you actually decide upon. You may be better off taking the info that you have and making your own budget. That's what we did, and we found it to be very helpful and much more accurate. Once you have an EM, and you start to make finalized choices for your wedding, you'll get a much more accurate BEO (banquet event order) from Disney.

Hi there.. I am getting March 26, 2005 (less then 6 months)!!! Anyways, we are getting married at the wedding pavilion, and the reception is at the boardwalk resort... 100 people also. If I can help you with anything directly, please let me know. I am more then happy to share any info off my proposal from my SM and then my estaimate from my EM, etc...

Email me
Jamie0201@aol.com

Jamie

Ours came in at what we had originally budgetted - it was us who changed the goalposts and added extras so went a little over ;)

What I did was a little different from what you all did.
What I actually did was put everything I wanted down and asked for them to give me a budget for what I had wanted for my wedding. This was earlier in the game.
Then when the budget was recieved which was something like 40k:scared1:
I worked with it a little and resubmitted it to me EM. She edited all of it and sent me a new budget. Still, at that time is was a wee bit over what I wanted to spend so I changed a couple of things (now knowing prices since they are listed on the budget) and voila:wizard: I had exactly what I wanted for what I wanted to pay.

Your budget is not set in stone until so many days before your wedding so things can be adjusted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter