Propane filling??

Yes you have to take your tank to the meadow trading post. If you get your tank there before 10 you can pick it up after 4. If you get it there after 10 it's next day. the cost is somewhere around $20

LP Gas Fills
While FW does not offer a "while you wait" service, LP Gas is available at FW. Just take the tank to one of the trading posts in the morning (leave it on the porch, don't take it inside). They will get the tank filled and return it to your site by the end of the day. While I have never used this service, folks report that the price is not out of line.

Info is from.............http://title-3.com/FWFacts.htm

All the above is correct. However, I am pretty sure that you have to return to pick up your tank after (i think) 4pm. They do not deliver to the site that I am aware of.

I had one filled 2 weeks ago, It was $21.00 and I left it for 2 days, I get the feeling they don't deliver it to your site.

You don't pay till its picked up so that alone would make me believe they aren't delivering. But from what I've paid locally to fill its cheaper at the fort.

I had one filled yesterday and like Bob said it's $21. I've used the service a few times. I dropped off at Meadows by 10 and got it about 5 with no problems. There is a pallet you sit it on and pick it up from. I've always been surprised it's not jacked up like everything else. It's just about the same as Flying J.

Unless something has changed when I had one filled 3 or 4 years ago you drop it off at the Meadows (go inside and get a tag, fill it out and then put it on the pallet inside the fenced area to the right of the Meadows). You can pick it put later that day (don't remember the drop off time to do that). Again, unless it has changed they did list the cost per gal, but actually charge you a flat rate based on tank size so if you drop off a 1/3 full tank you will be charged the same as if the tank was empty. The prices IMHO are very reasonable as long as you are filling an empty tank and not just topping off a tank like that is 1/2 full.

Larry

OK, this is fixed on my site. If anyone sees something else I need to fix just let me know:rolleyes1

OK, this is fixed on my site. If anyone sees something else I need to fix just let me know:rolleyes1
Tim just looking at your site Disney no long have Pull through Sites. And is that the number for the old fort Kennel? As everyone knows the fort no longer has a Kennel.

Tim just looking at your site Disney no long have Pull through Sites. And is that the number for the old fort Kennel? As everyone knows the fort no longer has a Kennel.
I leave the comments about the pull through sites on the page because folks still swear they are there. I just close with "During the remodeling in 2008 the rear of these sites have been closed off, so no more pull through."

As to the kennel phone number, I had to go back and look. Best Friends Kennel kept the Fort Wilderness Kennel phone number. But, I did find one spot where I referred to calling the reception outpost with pet questions and gave the kennel number. I fixed that.

Thanks!!!

The only thing I use LP for is my stove and heater, which in Nov. I should not need but after this year yua never know. We will be there for a week and will be arriving with a 20lb. full tank. Should be more than enough, was just wondering.

The only thing I use LP for is my stove and heater, which in Nov. I should not need but after this year yua never know. We will be there for a week and will be arriving with a 20lb. full tank. Should be more than enough, was just wondering.
On a cold camping trip I can go through a 20 lb tank in 3 or 4 days, but that is camping without electric. For places with electric (like FW) I always carry a small ceramic heater or two so I can use their electric rather than my LP.

I had one filled yesterday and like Bob said it's $21. I've used the service a few times. I dropped off at Meadows by 10 and got it about 5 with no problems. There is a pallet you sit it on and pick it up from. I've always been surprised it's not jacked up like everything else. It's just about the same as Flying J.

And, of course, this is Disney and they were very happy to help us in an emergency situation. As was said above, it is a reasonable price and great service. However, one very cold middle of the night while we were at the Fort Dec. 8, we didn't realize that our 2nd tank was empty :confused3

At break of day, we dropped the tanks off at the Meadows, and they hand-carried (off site) where they fill the tanks, and returned them to us immediately. They knew it was an emergency since it was so cold, and the kind CMs took very good care of us, and they didin't even charge us for that extra fast service. :yay:

Go Fort CMS!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Now for a word from the department of redundancy department. :lmao:

And another post from the silly, useless and off topic department since you added nothing but to poke fun at me ... so so sad and I added about the tag for the bottle, where you actually have to drop off the bottle and how their pricing works none of which was covered before my post.

I do hate when THOSE ON MY LIST posts show up when someone quotes them or you would never have seen this reply and would have saved me the few seconds to post this.

Larry

Another option is to eat at O'hana. Wait till morning, and fill the tank yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter