Proof WDW inflates wait times during off peak season

Can anyone link me to this podcast? I'm really really curious about this subject.

Here is the Link to the 25 minute, Len Testa Crowd Calendar/wait times/capacity reduction Pod Cast.
It's definitely worth your time to listen to this in depth analysis.

http://1e2e79e255ccc28ed3b5-b1ba41d...cf1.rackcdn.com/bonus-len-testa-interview.mp3

I know people keep saying it. What I'm arguing is that there's no evidence that WDW reduces capacity beyond what you'd normally expect. When I say no evidence, what I mean is that the TP guys studied -- counted people -- it and have said there's not been a capacity reduction except for the anomaly they saw in January 2018. This is as close to fact as we get -- they counted the number of people leaving the ride. We've had about six long threads about this since then, and the TP guys have reiterated that point. They have studied the numbers and said it doesn't happen on any scale that would make you think the occasional event is by design.

Yes the OP has pictures, but they do lead to questions: Was there a line waiting for teacups, or did they run it with that many people because that's all that wanted to ride? How long were the waits at Space and R&R when the side was down? Did they watch one or two empty boats go by on POTC, or was every other boat empty? And for how long did this go on?

I know that everyone waits longer than they want. But I'll say it again -- the plural of "anecdote" is not "data." No matter what we believe or want to believe or don't want to believe, the last data we have been shown says there has not been a reduction in capacity. At some point, you either accept evidence as fact or you don't.

@whiporee Go to 13:18 in the pod cast

There has been an INTENTIONAL reduction in operating capacity while charging guests full price for tickets. It has happened before and it WILL happen again.

With the move to multi day seasonal pricing it is a financial advantage to manipulate the wait times to make the park look busier than it actually is. Remember Disney is charging MORE for tickets on busier (higher wait time) days.

~NM

This is nothing new. Until a few years ago, I was going to WDW 3 or 4 times a year. I recalls that there were several times, where only one side of Space Mountain was loading, same for Pirates of the Caribbean. Also trains going out empty and not using all of the simulators.

Can't say anything about the teacups as I only did them a couple of times when I was a kid, decided they wern't my cup of tea so to speak.

The time listed for the photos above are morning and early evening, not at park close. I think in this case of these photos it’s Disney reducing ride capacity to trim costs.

That's true, I've just noticed that in the past when I went they make the wait times longer at night. It is still super weird they were doing that during the day. Especially since the pictures she posted are all at times that are normally very busy during the day.

Here is the Link to the 25 minute, Len Testa Crowd Calendar/wait times/capacity reduction Pod Cast.
It's definitely worth your time to listen to this in depth analysis.

http://1e2e79e255ccc28ed3b5-b1ba41d...cf1.rackcdn.com/bonus-len-testa-interview.mp3

@whiporee Go to 13:18 in the pod cast

There has been an INTENTIONAL reduction in operating capacity while charging guests full price for tickets. It has happened before and it WILL happen again.

With the move to multi day seasonal pricing it is a financial advantage to manipulate the wait times to make the park look busier than it actually is. Remember Disney is charging MORE for tickets on busier (higher wait time) days.

~NM

I did listen to it, both when it was originally posted and I just listened again.

Five percent reduction during the week is what the data showed. Somewhere else he said that he hadn't seen it since then. He also said he had no idea why it was happening -- a lot of supposition, but he was clear in saying he had no knowledge of the reasons, just guesses.

I'm pretty sure this interview was back in March (not certain) so it also doesn't include the last six months or so.

Also this:

Walt-Disney-World-Long-Term-Trend.png

That's true, I've just noticed that in the past when I went they make the wait times longer at night. It is still super weird they were doing that during the day. Especially since the pictures she posted are all at times that are normally very busy during the day.
I'm a guy.

I did listen to it, both when it was originally posted and I just listened again.

Five percent reduction during the week is what the data showed. Somewhere else he said that he hadn't seen it since then. He also said he had no idea why it was happening -- a lot of supposition, but he was clear in saying he had no knowledge of the reasons, just guesses.

That’s what I got from it. He was clear that any theory was very much a tinfoil hat and he had nothing to back that up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter