Proof of SoCal residency for SoCal AP?

dshimel

Mouseketeer
My son-in-law just got a job in Palmdale. He and my daughter are moving there in a couple weeks.

I doubt they will be in a hurry to swap their drivers' licenses and car registrations. The new job is putting them up in an extended stay hotel for 45 days while they look for an apartment/house to rent, so they won't have utility bills for at least that long.

What other proof of residency would Disney accept to allow them to get SoCal AP?

Utility bills, but it sounds like they won't have any. I don't know if they can get someone to vouch for them, but it looks like a notarized affidavit may work. This is a list of general ways to prove residency. It is not for Disneyland specifically.
  1. Government-issued photo ID.
  2. Residential lease/property deed.
  3. Utility bill.
  4. Letter from the government/court (marriage license, divorce, government aid)
  5. Bank statement.
  6. Driver's license/learner's permit.
  7. Car registration.
  8. Notarized affidavit of residency.

My son-in-law just got a job in Palmdale. He and my daughter are moving there in a couple weeks.

I doubt they will be in a hurry to swap their drivers' licenses and car registrations. The new job is putting them up in an extended stay hotel for 45 days while they look for an apartment/house to rent, so they won't have utility bills for at least that long.

What other proof of residency would Disney accept to allow them to get SoCal AP?

Are they trying to get their passes within 45 days? They need SOMETHING to prove they live there. Mail, a lease, a driver's license. I don't know how they would do that without an apartment, changing their ids, and utilities. They may just have to wait until they have something.

Does he have any type of employment acceptance letter that shows the location he'll be working at? I'd think something showing that he's accepted a permanent job AND that the company is putting them up at XXX place until they find a place to live would be enough.

All the cast members I've spoken to about this told me that the official policy was to only accept a state-issued ID as proof of residency. Some did say that certain cast members might be more lenient at the gate and accept something else, but official policy was only to take a state-issued ID. I ended up deciding to just hustle with the ID process, and I waited until I had a California ID to activate my pass.

They are strict about it being state issued or at least were so when I got the Socal select pass about 6 years ago. A Driver's license or state id card from the DMV was the only thing they told me was accepted as proof.

All the cast members I've spoken to about this told me that the official policy was to only accept a state-issued ID as proof of residency. Some did say that certain cast members might be more lenient at the gate and accept something else, but official policy was only to take a state-issued ID. I ended up deciding to just hustle with the ID process, and I waited until I had a California ID to activate my pass.

They are strict about it being state issued or at least were so when I got the Socal select pass about 6 years ago. A Driver's license or state id card from the DMV was the only thing they told me was accepted as proof.

I went with my friends when they got their SoCal passes last year and they only had mail to their address and it was accepted. It wasn't even questioned. It's clearly not a hard line.

Just FYI the state will charge heavy fees if they wait to register their vehicles. This happened to us when we moved. I believe you have 30 days to register the vehicles.

...I doubt they will be in a hurry to swap their drivers' licenses and car registrations.
Just FYI the state will charge heavy fees if they wait to register their vehicles. This happened to us when we moved. I believe you have 30 days to register the vehicles.
It's 20 days.
The DMV has a campaign "Californians Help Eliminate All The Evasive Registration Scofflaws" or CHEATERS.
California registration fees are high and will be going up (although they have been even higher in the past).

Part of the fees are based on value, so declare a low value for the car (if the DMV asks) :idea:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter