• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~Project Runway Season Season 8 Thread Spoilers Welcome~

I totally agree with you. And although they showed Ivy saying it, it was pretty obviously something they had all talked about. And it sounds like that when they brought it up to producers the first time, there was not much of the reaction they expected. In general, the dressing of the models and the bulk of the preparation is done in the workroom. The fact that they said that the sticky tape was in the bathroom with Michael's model spoke volumes to me. That is one of the few places cameras don't follow.

The only designs I really liked this week were Andy's. I loved that dress. And I thought the designs Heidi showed from her actual collection were pretty frumpy and boring. I still like April's style, I just could not imagine wearing any of hers this week.

I thought the same thing and figured that is exactly why they went to the producers about finding it.

I wonder how much of that he gets of that or if Heidi gets it all because the "honor" was won in the competition.

Ivy's a snake. There was no reason to bring that up again if they already did with the producers. And nice how she acted all offended when Michael dropped the F-bomb and then swore herself later. :sad2:

I do have to give Gretchen a bit of credit for not jumping in on all the drama with Ivy and Michael. She seemed to take the high road there.

And yeah, what happened with someone getting thrown out? I really wish they would stop previewing things that don't happen.

Ivy's a snake. There was no reason to bring that up again if they already did with the producers. And nice how she acted all offended when Michael dropped the F-bomb and then swore herself later. :sad2:

I do have to give Gretchen a bit of credit for not jumping in on all the drama with Ivy and Michael. She seemed to take the high road there.

And yeah, what happened with someone getting thrown out? I really wish they would stop previewing things that don't happen.

Ivy really gave herself a lot of credibility with that.

I knew when they were designing for Heidi it would be an UGH!fest. I wasn't disappointed.

In general, the dressing of the models and the bulk of the preparation is done in the workroom. The fact that they said that the sticky tape was in the bathroom with Michael's model spoke volumes to me. That is one of the few places cameras don't follow.

His excuse still stands up, though. He said that model was taping herself into her bra (which they showed). That's not something most models would do in the middle of the workroom if they could just go in a bathroom and do it. If, all of the sudden, she just decided to get dressed by herself in the bathroom, that would be odd.

I would also think that they don't just toss the dress out with the trash the next day. Couldn't they look at it and see if there was residue on it from sticky tape?

And quite frankly, if they're going to have a rule against double-sided stick tape, I would hope they would also make a rule against people stapling, taping, and safety pinning garments together as well. I'm not sure why one is so much worse than the others.

Michael C. does come off as a little shady to me, so I wouldn't put it past him in the end. But Ivy was very undignified. She stirred up all of this drama, and then when Tim Gunn came in to call her out on it, she wouldn't own up to it. That proved a lot to me. If I was as "outraged" as she was about a possible cheating scandal, I would have spoke up. But no, she just stood there like a kid caught in school. And the way she went around the workroom, claiming to have taken one "for the team"? No, you made baseless accusations that you couldn't back up when you were called out on it. I think she was just trying to mess with Michael C.'s head because she's so bitter that he's still there and she's not. He called it when he said "How does it feel to go home for a bad design?"

I wonder how much of that he gets of that or if Heidi gets it all because the "honor" was won in the competition.

I assume its like any other design, or patent, the employer owns the rights so the actual person who comes up with it gets nothing.

I really don't like the Amazon dress - it looks like the cheap version of the runway dress. I know they have to mass produce things, but they took all of the style out of it.

I agree that they made it look ordinary but I think that was kind of the point, to make some wearable activewear for us regular people. Of course you won't find me exercising much but I'm pretty sure nobody wants to see me doing pilates in a dress :laughing:

I really can't stand Gretchen. She's so unpleasant and sooooooo full of herself.

I am missing what they see in April's stuff. Gak. That dress? For reals? I can imagine showing up to pick my son up from school in that monstosity:rotfl2:

Bye Bye Ivy Ms. Bittercakes...don't let the workroom door hot you on the way out!!

The thing that really bothers me with Ivy was she waited until she was off the show to do this. Like she has nothing to lose now, so why not go for it? She already brought it up with the producers, off camera. Why the need to rehash it?

The thing that really bothers me with Ivy was she waited until she was off the show to do this. Like she has nothing to lose now, so why not go for it? She already brought it up with the producers, off camera. Why the need to rehash it?

We don't know how many times it was brought up before, or by whom. All of the people seemed to know about it, so they have obviously talked about it before. For whatever reason, the editors and producers didn't show any of it in the past. For all we know, all of them could have been talking about it for weeks.

Ivy said she brought it up with the producers (off camera) the next day. But too late to do anything about it. That should have been it. To bring it up on camera, after-the-fact, and after she was kicked off the show, was shady.

Ivy said she brought it up with the producers (off camera) the next day. But too late to do anything about it. That should have been it. To bring it up on camera, after-the-fact, and after she was kicked off the show, was shady.

She confronted Michael with something she thinks he did, I don't see that as anything more than that. She was already off the show, I would think it was something she would have "announced" to the viewers when she was still on. Who knows, maybe she did and PR was just waiting for the opportunity to use it for our benefit, her saying that in the workroom after she was gone was like winning a jackpot for them. How many weeks have seen the promos for cheating :confused3 I take everything I see on reality shows with a grain of salt, we are shown what they engineer us to see, we really don't see the reality ;)

I was just thinking of why this episode had so much drama, it had to be to keep the focus off the g*d awful designs of Heidi's clothing line. :laughing:

I was just thinking of why this episode had so much drama, it had to be to keep the focus off the g*d awful designs of Heidi's clothing line. :laughing:

I agree. I understand that she is a working mother, but those clothes are ugly. I know why the designers were cringing. It seemed like nothing but a big marketing ploy to get people to buy a bunch of drab sweatshirts.

I am sure there is something we aren't seeing about Michael C that will come out later but Ivy went completely Jr. High on him. It was immature and sad and it will be the only thing people remember about her.

Gretchen needs to step back and shut up. I am glad they called her on her ego, even though she obviously didn't hear them. It is probably hard to take criticism from Heidi after seeing those awful clothes but when in doubt, SHUT UP. Mondo figured that out pretty quickly. I love that he is human, he screws up, he figures it out, then he moves on.

I thought Ivy was a b***h all along, so she just showed her true colors last night. She was complaining about Michael C in every episode...we get it - you don't like him. But have a little class and focus on yourself and your own work. As Heidi said, he is still there and how many of the others have said he can't sew.

I loved it when she was sitting at the sewing machine talking about karma, and then something hit her in the face :rotfl2:

I did think that Heidi was a bit rude in the way she talked to Mondo, and even Gretchen. They did not respond well, but maybe if she had given her constructive criticism in a nicer way, they would have responded in kind. Of course, Gretchen can't take any criticism anyway.

All the dresses are in the workroom aren't they (you can see shots of them in the background from time to time). So they would be able to check Michael C's dress, as someone here suggested.

I really can't stand Gretchen. She's so unpleasant and sooooooo full of herself.

I am missing what they see in April's stuff. Gak. That dress? For reals? I can imagine showing up to pick my son up from school in that monstosity:rotfl2:

Bye Bye Ivy Ms. Bittercakes...don't let the workroom door hot you on the way out!!

I LOVE IT! MS. BITTERCAKES!

:rotfl::rotfl::lmao::lmao::rotfl2:

project-runway.jpg

Go Mondo!
Go Michael C.!
:love::love::wizard::wizard:
project-runway-s8-ep7-320.jpg

I thought Ivy was a b***h all along, so she just showed her true colors last night. She was complaining about Michael C in every episode...we get it - you don't like him. But have a little class and focus on yourself and your own work. As Heidi said, he is still there and how many of the others have said he can't sew.

I loved it when she was sitting at the sewing machine talking about karma, and then something hit her in the face :rotfl2:

I agree that Ivy has been incredibly spiteful and juvenile throughout the season. Remember when she went around the room at the show where the audience dropped buttons into jars to vote and told everyone -- quietly, of course -- that Michael C was trying to sabotage her and was telling everyone she was the *bleep* of the show? Michael C. brought it up to her (rather than following Ivy's M-O of talking behind her back about it) and said he had done nothing of the sort and even seemed to indicate that he was willing to move on and be professional. Then, we see Ivy continue that behavior in last night's show, when she goes around to each designer individually to whisper-gossip about what she said, defend herself, and try (unsuccessfully) to make Michael C. look like the bad guy. And THEN, when asked about the cheating accusation, Michael C. is the one who has to speak up and say that yes, there was an accusation of cheating.

I'm seeing a pattern of behavior here, in which Michael C., although not perfect (his praise in one episode for Gretchen's design, followed by the confessional where he said it was hideous, for example), has at least been mostly straightforward, and Ivy is conniving, but in a very junior-high, unsophisticated (and thus obvious) way.

Although I agree this is a reality "show" -- and the "show" part takes precedence -- and producers can manipulate the heck out of the tape, how is it that the crews are able to get footage of all her terrible behavior, and yet somehow miss all the really horrible behavior she attributes to him (sabotage, cheating, etc.)?

And lastly (for realz, I mean it!), WHEN for HEAVEN'S SAKE are the designers going to stop hating on Michael for his alleged lack of skills? Tim Gunn is not an idiot, and if Michael C. were incapable of designing or if his sewing skills were lacking, Michael would not be getting the feedback he is from Tim. I feel like the other designers pigeon-holed MC from the start, and now absolutely refuse to see him as the designer he has the ability (and has shown at least some of the skills) to be. This all sounds like I'm on the MC love-train, and I'm definitely not (Team Mondo!), I just want to see where all the vitriol is coming from ... and so far, I see nothing to explain it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter