• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~Project Runway Season Season 8 Thread Spoilers Welcome~

OMG-I know I'm real late to the party, but I never saw or heard of this show until this past weekend. Then DH and I went to the Chicago area to visit his Mom, and she said "Would you mind if I turn on this show, have you ever watched it? After the first few minutes, I was hooked! Now I'm going to go back and try to read 19 pages of information.

Better late than never!

Lifetime has the last 5 episodes online if you'd like to catch up that way

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/season-8/video/

OMG-I know I'm real late to the party, but I never saw or heard of this show until this past weekend. Then DH and I went to the Chicago area to visit his Mom, and she said "Would you mind if I turn on this show, have you ever watched it? After the first few minutes, I was hooked! Now I'm going to go back and try to read 19 pages of information.

Here is my favorite link to the show. You can quickly compare the looks.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/season-8/scorecard

I have to believe that the craftsmanship on Gretchen's piece was what got her in the top three. I am sure that up close it was very well crafted. From the living room couch, though, it looked really frumpy. There are times that I just can't understand what is happening with the clothes. It is amusing to me that she still hasn't dropped the know-it-all attitude. It makes for good tv.

I still like April. I hope she steps it up. She and Mondo are my favorites. They just seem like people I would like to be around.

Wow just wow, last night had it's moments. I so think from the editorial standpoint Andy should've had the win. That whole look screamed couture. But Mondo's RTW look was so wearable. He's a petite Christian Soriano.:happytv:

And I like Christopher, he's my current favorite.

Wow just wow, last night had it's moments. I so think from the editorial standpoint Andy should've had the win. That whole look screamed couture. But Mondo's RTW look was so wearable. He's a petite Christian Soriano.:happytv:

And I like Christopher, he's my current favorite.

I also believe that Mondo's looks photographed better, and that was part of the challenge. when even they mention a print ad the designers must consider that part of it.

Kae

I watched the high fashion/ready to wear episode. I agreed with the bottom two for once, although I liked Micheal's design and didn't think he should have been in bottom until i saw the close up of the bottom of the HF dress. Still, I hated Gretchen's dresses and they were in the top so what do I know. I liked Andy's design as well. Interesting, still I think the extra half hour seems to drag things out more.......

You know TASTE! :scared1:

Gretchen's dress looked like a rooster threw up on it!! It was HORRENDOUS!!! :scared:

I even hated the two dresses Heide wore last night, YUK!!!

I was thinking Mrs. Roper. It was awful.

i was thinking the same thing. dd's comment was "mom, it looks like something someone's grandma would wear.....well, only if their grandma was a hippie":lmao:
I thought "milk maid" a la "Little House" on LSD. Glad to read I wasn't the only one who HATED it.

I have to believe that the craftsmanship on Gretchen's piece was what got her in the top three. I am sure that up close it was very well crafted. From the living room couch, though, it looked really frumpy. There are times that I just can't understand what is happening with the clothes. It is amusing to me that she still hasn't dropped the know-it-all attitude. It makes for good tv.
That's the only thing I could think, as well. Maybe the feathers showed better in person!

If you are Tim Gunn fans, like him on Facebook and he will keep you up to date on his appearances around the country.
He is the Chief Creative Officer for Liz Claiborne, and they tour in spring and fall promoting their brands.
My BIL works for him, so when they are doing a fashion show within driving distance we go to see them. They are a lot of fun, highly recommend.
Tim is just as he seems on Project Runway, very nice man. Never heard a negative word come out of his mouth yet.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE TImm Gunn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gretchen's dress looked like a rooster threw up on it!! It was HORRENDOUS!!! :scared:

!!!

That's what I thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happytv:

I was thinking Mrs. Roper. It was awful.

I know! Except I liked Mrs Roper's better :thumbsup2

I am a fan of Mondo!

Actually, I liked Gretchen's dress... which is why I was SHOCKED that she wasn't in the bottom three!!! I'm in my middle fifties, and I would wear something like that - which I've determined (at least until this past week) is the kiss of death for a Project Runway design :rotfl2:

If you are Tim Gunn fans, like him on Facebook and he will keep you up to date on his appearances around the country.
He is the Chief Creative Officer for Liz Claiborne, and they tour in spring and fall promoting their brands.
My BIL works for him, so when they are doing a fashion show within driving distance we go to see them. They are a lot of fun, highly recommend.
Tim is just as he seems on Project Runway, very nice man. Never heard a negative word come out of his mouth yet.
He is currently on a book tour to promote his new book.

scan0006.jpg

That is tooo cool! Thank you for sharing the photo.

I've always figured Tim Gunn is the same in front of or behind the camera, after I stumbled on a message board once a few years ago where someone was ragging on Tim for, get this, once regifting a present to an intern. Seriously. That was the worst thing the person could come up with, even though the individual had a HUGE axe to grind.

Uhm. . .firstly, if I were an intern and I got something regifted from some designer to me? I don't think I'd complain. I think I'd get down and kiss Tim's boring oxfords. (Yes please. . .purses, scarves, shoes, clothes, perfume any and all. . .) Secondly, if you despise someone and the worst thing you can say is that he once regifted a present?????? That in and of itself says a lot.

I'm keeping my eyes open, hoping he comes to NOLA or BTR for Penney's!

I think tonight was a Project Runway FIRST!

A designer winning 3 challenges IN A ROW!!!

Prediction-Mondo will win this Season:thumbsup2

I was mad because I heard a commercial on the radio and they made it sound like tonight's episode would be about the cheating allegation/scandal! I guess that is next week...anyone know what happened?

What an emotional show tonight! I am still Team Mondo..love his work and attitude, and it is evident that the others genuinely like him. I also liked April's work tonight---and even Gretchen's.

They didn't like Christopher's, but I did.

They did a similar commercial last week-i think that is VERY immature to suggest something is happening-and it turns out the clips are manipulated.
:confused3

Okay so I'm watching the DVR so I haven't seen the end yet, I just came to see if anyone else is teary-eyed or I am I the only one. Dh came in the room looked at me and asked what could possible be making you cry on Project Runway, somebody rip a hem? :laughing: He just doesn't get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter