Project Runway Season Five -MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!

rpmdfw

<font color=red>I feel similarly about the cha-cha
So, who else is watching Project Runway this time around?

Any thoughts so far?

I notice that they've got the one token straight guy again this time around. LOL

Here are my first impressions after the first episode.

Keith is adorable.

Blayne is annoying the hell out of me.

They made the right choice to send Jerry home.

They should have given Daniel the win for that cup dress. It looked a lot better than coffee spilled on vacuum cleaner bags.

Okay, who's next?

LOL maybe its because I’m from around Seattle and I think he’s kinda cute but I’m pulling for Blayne! lol but I think he’s trying a little bit too hard to another "fierce" catchphrase

But I agree that Daniel should have won. And is it just me or Jennifer/Leanna and Emily/Kenley look so much alike that anyone else is having a hard time telling them apart.

Blayne is over confident and his designs are not that impressive. And although I consider myself a tan boy, he is way too tan...

And if the best these designers can do to think outside the box is use tablecloths and shower curtains, I'm very afraid of what the rest of the season will bring. The outfits were unimagninative.

I also found the yellow outfit, sorry, cannot remember the name of the designer, hideous, it was horrible, I'm sorry, I completely disagreed with the judges on that one.

And if the best these designers can do to think outside the box is use tablecloths and shower curtains, I'm very afraid of what the rest of the season will bring.

Ah, but this season, by all accounts, WILL bring us what many of us have been begging for all along: THE DRAG QUEEN CHALLENGE! :woohoo:

Can't wait!

How did I just KNOW you would be a PR fan too! I got my Tim Gunn fix last night. My thoughts on the season?

Suede - Come on. You're a grown man with a made up name, who refers to himself in the third person, has bedazzled his made up name on the back of his denim vest, and sports a blue fauxhawk. I'm over it.

Blayne - annoying as crap (and the constant sniffing? I thought they drug test these people) And are we sure he isn't really Chris Kattan from SNL playing the part of a designer to punk the show?

Stella - My 5 yr old said, "Yuck, it looks like garbage." I concur.

Keith - Loved him.

Daniel - Loved the plastic cup dress. It was NOT made from a conventional fabric/fabric substitute and wound up really cute.

I could go on and on. I loved it and I'm excited about the future episode with You-Know-Who as the judge! (I don't know if it's too spoilery to put up the names of future judges) I know we'll get great comments. I can't wait!

Does anyone else read the Project RunGay blog?

These guys are freaking histerical! They pretty much spend the entire week picking apart and sharking about each episode.

I've been following their blog for the past two years, now, and even when the show's not on, they're a riot.

Check it out if you haven't already.

I'm not really liking the season from what I've seen:confused3 No one can top Santino

I saw it as a rerun, the Aufed the right guy. The others in the bottom better get their stuff together. Why can't there be a multiple Aufing?

Suede thinks he's hot.
Suede wants to cry.
Suede needs to stop speaking of himself in the third person and he needs to be the next person of the show if he doesn't stop!

Anyone catch the error in the Who is crazier vote? They circled Blayne @ 37%, but Suede had 47%...

Yep, we are watching this season too. I missed tonight's but my DP saw it.

Will have to catch it on the rerun.

No real standouts for us yet.

By the way, couldn't STAND Santino! :scared1:

Loved Daniel, and Christian, of course. :D

Anyone catch the error in the Who is crazier vote? They circled Blayne @ 37%, but Suede had 47%...

I did! I was like, "WHAT???" We know Bravo can't put together a good website, but now they can't even circle the bigger number? My 5 yr old does questions like that for homework.

And Suede winning the challenge? Really? That dress? I didn't like it. I thought Kenley's was gorgeous. I would wear it (although a dark gray with a cream/champagne colored belt would look better on me since I am so blonde).

I did! I was like, "WHAT???" We know Bravo can't put together a good website, but now they can't even circle the bigger number? My 5 yr old does questions like that for homework.

And Suede winning the challenge? Really? That dress? I didn't like it. I thought Kenley's was gorgeous. I would wear it (although a dark gray with a cream/champagne colored belt would look better on me since I am so blonde).

I have to agree. Kenley's was MUCH better than "Suede who thinks too highly of Suede's dress". Even Stella's was better.

I can't believe that Jarrell's poorly fit hooker costume wasn't in the bottom three, though. Blech!

I did feel bad for the designers who got stuck with the same fabrics. And that ugly brown. What were those dress forms . . . I mean models thinking?

Models and thinking, two words usually not found in the same sentence.

I was surprised that so little fabric was purchased. 75 dollars will get you a lot, but then again, the models probably had never set foot in a fabric store.

I thought the winner was OK, but I don't know who would wear it to a cocktail party, except some Paris Hilton ages celeb.

Next week looks fun?

Normally, $75 gets you a lot, but I recall seeing interviews with S2 designers who said that Mood isn't cheap, and that you have to really have something in mind. I'm sure the "green" fabrics aren't the cheapest anyway.

Oh yeah, "Green" is always more.

Speaking of Green, they were talking about Natalie Portman's line of Vegan footwear. Then they said it was green. How do you get to green when something is made from OIL that is pumped out of the ground and manufactured into plastic. No, not pleather, not vinyl, PLASTIC. As rose by any other name, you know.

Guess all those jelly shoes were good for the environment after all?

I really don't think too many of these people are that talented. I hate hate hhhhate the leather lady!

I heard that Mood was pretty expensive so maybe that't why they didn't get too much.

Natalie Portman made me Squeeeeeeeeee! I absolutly love her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter