Progresso

GOOFY D

DIS Veteran
Going on a cruise stopping in Progresso. Have never been to Progresso. What is there to do on our own in the port area? Is it similar to Cozumel with just a bunch of shops? How do you get from the pier to the port area (as I understand it is miles long)?

DCL provides a shuttle that runs into town. Be aware that the last shuttle leaves Progreso (just one "s" FYI) about an hour before all-aboard time. We did a ship sponsored tour. I'm going to be honest, I'm glad we did something because the city itself didn't look all that great when we were driving through it.

It's possible to walk to the beach from the bus stop. Just note that you will receive millions of offers for a "prime spot", restaurant, showers, etc. It was at most a 10 minute walk but probably less.

We walked to the beach in about 20 minutes and got a 1 hour massage for $30 it was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter