Professional Internship - Fall 2011

Is anyone waiting to hear about positions? I was denied from 2 positions but I am still waiting on one. I haven't received an email rejection letter like the others but I thought today was the last day to hear?

Anyone else in this situation?

Is anyone waiting to hear about positions? I was denied from 2 positions but I am still waiting on one. I haven't received an email rejection letter like the others but I thought today was the last day to hear?

Anyone else in this situation?

i haven't heard anything yet.... i think that ill be rejected cause is taking forever to notify :(

Rejected from Accounting PI. Disappointed, but not totally surprised. The real tough part is that I'm graduating in a few weeks, and I still don't have any plans.

Hey is there anyone who has an IT Internship and has Traditions this Tuesday? I kind of feel alone out here.

Hi there everyone. I have a question about the PI. My son has satisfactorily completed the college program and has one more year of school left. He mentioned to me the PI, but didn't get too much info about it, so I thought I'd ask here. You guys have been so helpful to him in the past!

What is the Disney PI? What is the difference between the Professional Internship and the College Program? When would he apply for the PI if he graduates in May 12? Does the PI also provide housing, or is housing on your own? Is the pay higher than the CP, and can doing a PI lead to a full time job, or does one complete the PI and then apply for a full time job?

That's it for now, thanks for any info you can provide :)

What is the difference between the Professional Internship and the College Program?

The CP is focused on front line work in the parks and resorts. The PI is focused on support, backstage roles.

There are approx. 5,000 CPs, there are only a couple hundred PIs.

CPs apply to a program and are placed in a role. PIs apply to each role individually and hope for an interview for those roles they are interested in.

CPs are looking for energetic students. PIs are looking for energetic students that have experience/education in their specific field/area.

CPs are hourly cast members, typically making less that $10 an hour. PIs can be office and technical (another form of hourly) or salaried, making between $9-18 an hour.

CPs live in provided housing and have transportation. PIs are required to supply their own transportation and only a small percentage live in Disney housing (based on limited availability).

CPs have 4 different programs to choose from. PIs typically fall into the fall (June-Jan, apply in Feb) or spring (Jan-June, apply in Sept).

Both roles have equal opportunity for FT after completion.

Hi there. Thanks for the info on the differences between CP's and PI's.
I have another question. My son graduates with his Bachelor's in Hotel/Resort management in May 12. When should he begin the application process for a PI position? And would he start the process online or contact Disney directly (as a former CP) ?

TIA!

If he would like to participate in the PI after he graduates he will want to apply for fall 2012 PIs. This would approximately run from June-January after he graduates. The applications for fall open up in February I believe. He can go onto the PI website and sign up for email alerts of when applications become available. Everyone applies online regardless of working for the company previously or not. What may work to his advantage though is securing recommendations from the managers he had during his CP program. Also, CP alumni are able to apply to a larger variety of roles than those who have not done the program before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter