• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Problems with Premiere pass and FP reservations - missing out on FP now (long)

maberlyne

Mouseketeer
I just had a not so wonderful experience while trying to finish off the last details for our vacation. My friend and I are traveling in a couple weeks, and had made our FP selections about a month or so ago. I'd already traveled in Dec to WDW so I already had my account set up and ready, and she got hers set up and linked her Premiere pass and we linked our reservations so we could make all our FP choices. After we tried and tried to make our choices, hers wouldn't allow selection, kept saying that she did not have valid ticket media. Obviously as she has used this pass maybe 3 times since she bought it, we know it's valid. We called Disney that night and the very nice CM looked into it and told us that since Disneyland was the last place we had used the pass, the system would not allow it for booking FPs for whatever reason (however, she was able to book dining reservations, so whatever). She advised us to go ahead and book myself for all the FP options, and then let them know and they'd go ahead and book her into the same (manually) so we could, of course, ride together and all.

Here's where it got annoying and tricky. I finally called back today (as our choices are as final as they're gonna be) to have her added in. Spoke with another very nice CM who had some trouble at first, but eventually was able to locate the info needed (for some reason they needed to verify her pass, including the last 4 digits of the credit card she used to buy it, even though it was already an active pass... but again, whatever) and added her in. Or so she said.

I went into my profile maybe an hour or so later to check on everything and saw that some of our times didn't match up, like (for example) her FP window time starting 15 minutes later than mine. No big deal, we can work with that. That was on maybe 4 of the FPs, the worst time difference being about a half hour. However, on the day we have the Anna & Elsa M&G booked, they had booked her for Mickey Mouse. While we of course want to see him (lol), Anna & Elsa are more ideal and I doubt they're gonna let her in with me without a FP.

So I call back, again, and talk to a rather unpleasant lady who basically says they're booked, there's nothing they do, and told me I was lucky I had even gotten one FP for the M&G. That kinda rubbed me wrong, as I had been stalking here and all for info and I booked the day they went live offering FP, thus at the time of my booking, there was significant availability. I kinda feel like we're being punished for their lack of organization or whatnot. The first lady I spoke with had made it sound like it'd be no issue at all to add her in to my plans. I thought perhaps I had spoken to a "bad" CM and called back again later and spoke to another very nice gentleman, but he basically said the same thing (though he was much kinder and at least seemed to try a couple different avenues).

Does anyone have any suggestions? The one thing they did tell me was that when we got to the hotel talk to the hotel concierge, because they possibly override something? I don't especially want to waste our precious (lol) park time doing that; of course, I'd rather have this all straightened out prior to arrival. Anyone have any suggestions? If it helps we're staying at AKL through DVC; both myself and my friend are APs (she's Premiere, I'm Premium WDW), and we both also have Disney Visa (but I can't imagine that would help anyway). Thanks so much for reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter