Problems with hotel reservations after the Last AP code was applied.

Tron72

Mouseketeer
Hello to my fellow Disney Fans out there. I am curious if any of you guys who just had the AP code applied to your reservation for a ROOM ONLY reservation and recieved the paper work saying that the balance was due prior to your trip.

I know that in a room only booking you only are required to pay just for the first night, but when they applied my AP codes to my reservations the new paper work called for it to be paid up by April 21, I am going May 12. I called twice and both times the CMs told me that the computer shows it as a room only and since we already paid the first night when we first booked we were ok, and that what was printed on the new reservation paper work was a mistake.

I am usually not a worry wart, but since I have 4 rooms booked at the WL with the room only rate, (We are doing a Family Gathering 12 people) I would hate to find out we get up there that our room was given away because we did not pay by the April 21 dead line.

Just wondering if any had this issue running through there head and if they had or did not have a problem with there trip.

Thanks
Tron72

Oh heading to the WL May 12 through May 21, under 30 days. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

My last resort reservation was for Pop Century and I had a similiar problem. I modified my reservation with a code and my new confirmation sheet said that I owed the balance so many days in advance but when I called they assured me that the balance was due at check-in. I was worried but everything worked out great and I paid the remaining balance at check-in.

Why not call and ask for a confirmation letter that has the right info? Or something in writing that says it is a room only reservation? That way there is no mistakes.

Same thing happened to us-when we checked in they charged the balance to our credit card that day. Check your room account as soon as you check in-we are still waiting to be reimbursed.

I had the same thing on my confirmation but when I called CRO I was told there was a glitch and thousands of confirmations incorrectly went out like that. She told me that their system showed "due at check-in" and not to worry. I paid our deposit that day and the latest confirmation I received says "due at check-in". :)

That's what they told me as well-and lo and behold that is exactly what they did - charged it to my visa at checkin (even though I was paid in full with an account credit 1-1/2 months before).

I think there is a miscommunication here, the original poster is talking about paying the room only balance in full 21 days out, which is not required and was a system glitch. Mom_rules is referring to what happens when you check-in.

Disney's policy for the past five years has been to charge the full balance at check-in. You pay the one night deposit to hold the room when you make the rsv and then pay the remaining nights upon checking in. I am referring to all room only reservations, clearly if you have a package, it was all paid up front. If you happen to leave early on either a room only or a package, a credit will be applied for the nights you didn't stay, but obviously it can take a while.

As an aside every hotel I have ever stayed in charged me a one night deposit to hold the room and then charged me the full balance (for all the nights) when I checked-in.

Same Here Too!
I asked for a supervisor told her my fear is that they cancel me and than I have no where to stay since were going this May 1st.-8th. She said that WDW would make special accomadations if that were to happen? (We will see?) But she also said that this has happened to ton's of thousands of reservations. I pleaded for a corrected conformation and she said they can't? I asked why and she said it's in the system and My reply being that is why I am WORRIED! That some CM will see that my balance was not paid in full by April 10th 05 and they will X me out! She went back to the beginning saying don't worry we will take care of you and you will be just fine. So I feel nowhere but I kept her name just in-case.
I feel we will be OK!
As far as to Mom-Rules, What I do is I have a small visa Debit that I only use for WDW trips. I only make sure that there is the exact amount of money in there to pay off my room at check in. This way if ever they try to tap me the whole amount twice they won't be getting any.
Chatty

The instructions on the confirmation sheet wherein it indicates you must pay the balance in advance is inaccurate--just as the CRO reservationists have indicated. This glitch has been in the reservation system for years--why it hasn't been corrected is beyond me. Wait, hmmmm, now that I think about it, why fix it? Do you know how many people probably don't even question it AND pay in advance. . .that's a tidy sum in advance for Disney to hold before you arrive! ;)

Hey Chatty, have you called them back since April 10 to see if your reservation has been droped or if it is still there.

Tron72

I paid my ressie in full just to be safe. But now I'm worried that they will charge my card when I check in. I will definitely bring my confirmation that shows paid in full!

Nik's mom-exactly what happened to us. We thought we'd be proactive-pay the room only balance before we arrived so we wouldn't have to worry about it-and they did charge our card when we got there. Good news is we finally got our money back-about one month after we got home.

In the past, I have booked my rooms with either CRO or the Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC). Each one has a different policy as far as paying the balance. If I remember correctly, if I booked through CRO, I only had to pay a deposit and then pay the balance when we arrived. If you book through the Walt Disney Travel Co. their policy is to pay the balance before you arrive. Not sure why they have a different policy because when I call to apply a code, the same CM can change "systems" from CRO to WDTC. So I guess some of you have ressies through CRO and others have them through WDTC. There was a way to tell which system you booked through. One of the systems would have a longer reservation number.........if I remember correctly, I think CRO had the longer number. Also, when I booked through CRO, my ressie arrived in a larger than normal envelope, whereas if I booked through WDTC, my ressie arrived in a normal sized envelope. Hope this helps. :flower:

Nik's Mom said:
I paid my ressie in full just to be safe. But now I'm worried that they will charge my card when I check in. I will definitely bring my confirmation that shows paid in full!

I have always taken my confirmation with me. Just in case I need it. I have always paid my room only reservation in full before I arrive. I do not use the room key for charging so the CM checking me in does not need my credit card. I have only needed my confirmation this past December trip when the system showed me owing what was the deposit when I booked. After three days of waking up to a message on the phone I demanded the managment CM make a copy of my confirmation stating a zero balance and give it to the responsible party to correct their system issue. I didn't hear a peep the rest of the vacation.

I think I have called at least 4 times about this and every time they state that it is room only and the computer it says balance due at check in so I am not worrying about it.

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter