Problems with DPS CD?

DisneyBrittany

Mouseketeer
Has anyone else had this problem? I paid for the high res disc but when I upload my pictures to a computer they are all upside down. If I put them on Facebook or flikr they are all transposed (like a mirror image, any words that are in the pictures are backwards). When I first got the CD I spent hours rotating all the pictures. My computer was stolen recently and I am uploading my pictures again and they look correct on the screen but when you try to use them for anything, such as the background on the computer, they are upside down and cannot be rotated. I am tempted to contact DPS and see if this is a mistake on their part. Is there an easy fix that I don't know about?

I know that I can go through, rotate and save each picture, but that doesn't help me when I need to get prints done because the pictures come out transposed and/or upside down. :confused3

I don't have a solution for you, as we only bought 2 digital files, not the whole disc, and didn't have any trouble. But I know for sure I've read about this happening before with the DPS discs, and hopefully one of those brides can help you out with a fix for it!

I bought the high res disc and didn't have this issue...but I agree with Amy--I remember someone else posting that they had a similar problem. Maybe try searching the forum?

I don't have a solution for you, as we only bought 2 digital files, not the whole disc, and didn't have any trouble. But I know for sure I've read about this happening before with the DPS discs, and hopefully one of those brides can help you out with a fix for it!

I didn't realize they offered the option to buy individual digital files - is this new or something special for park sessions? When we had our Memories VR (about a month after they started offerening them) we weren't even allowed to buy the CD (we used DPS for our ceremony). I asked and was flat out told no:sad1: (that has changed now). I'd LOVE to be able to get a few digital files from our VR without having to buy the whole CD.

I didn't realize they offered the option to buy individual digital files - is this new or something special for park sessions? When we had our Memories VR (about a month after they started offerening them) we weren't even allowed to buy the CD (we used DPS for our ceremony). I asked and was flat out told no:sad1: (that has changed now). I'd LOVE to be able to get a few digital files from our VR without having to buy the whole CD.

I don't see why they wouldn't sell you the files you wanted ... give them a call! :thumbsup2

I don't see why they wouldn't sell you the files you wanted ... give them a call! :thumbsup2

Thanks - I think I will :thumbsup2. To be honest, I was kind of floored that they said no when I asked about buying the CD. I was prepared for the price to be high, but never thought they wouldn't be willing to sell it at all. As a result, we spent a small fortune on prints. I would've rather have had files so I could do a photobook combined with my own photos:sad2:. I guess that was the downside of having our VR so soon after the Memories Collection started because a while later they added the CD as an option but at that time I didn't even call because I wasn't up for paying another $500 when we'd already shelled out so much for prints.

Thanks - I think I will :thumbsup2. To be honest, I was kind of floored that they said no when I asked about buying the CD. I was prepared for the price to be high, but never thought they wouldn't be willing to sell it at all. As a result, we spent a small fortune on prints. I would've rather have had files so I could do a photobook combined with my own photos:sad2:. I guess that was the downside of having our VR so soon after the Memories Collection started because a while later they added the CD as an option but at that time I didn't even call because I wasn't up for paying another $500 when we'd already shelled out so much for prints.

I totally get that! I just don't get Disney sometimes. :confused3 But I hope they're willing to let you buy the files you want at this point! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter